BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (h) - 13/9/22 (possibly)…

36 minutes ago, Andy said:

I thought it was Carter's best game for us - looked very comfortable down the right.

Pickering did similarly well down the left.

Fair play to Pickering I've given him some stick recently but he played well tonight. Similarly dolan imotessed tonight and has stepped up with another assist after going through a period of stagnation. 

Carter is a player and good back up for Brittain. I'm very happy with the 4 Centre half's we've got.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

Delighted with that tonight. What was most pleasing was how solid we look at the back and also how ordinary we made Watford look. I can’t see their manager lasting long either, given how trigger happy their owners tend to be.

So proud of the lads tonight- they were excellent and fully deserving of the win and the three points.

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Fair play to Pickering I've given him some stick recently but he played well tonight. Similarly dolan imotessed tonight and has stepped up with another assist after going through a period of stagnation. 

Carter is a player and good back up for Brittain. I'm very happy with the 4 Centre half's we've got.

If Carter keeps that up, Brittain will be his back up. 

• Like 3

Couldn't make it tonight and wasn't expecting anything after the last performance so delighted with those three points.

Scott Wharton comes back in and we win. I might be wrong but think we have won every game he's started this season. Extremely under-rated player and his importance to the side can't be overstated.

• Like 9

Excellent win and performance by the players and JDT got his team selection and tactics spot on. 

From start to finish the team performs and we see evidence tonight of JDT wants to play with and without the ball. 

Carter was excellent at Right back and back 3 was solid as rock and didn't allow Watford forwards to have any sort of impact on the game. Pickering had a good game. 

Front 3 had impact on the game and delighted Hedges got his first goal for us. BBD had a few chances tonight and shown his class and why he is important to this team under JDT. Dolan is developing, proving his worth to this team and delivering in terms of performance, goals and assists now. 

Onwards and Upwards for Rovers, let's go and beat Luton on Saturday now

JDT's Blue and White Army 🔵

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Couldn't make it tonight and wasn't expecting anything after the last performance so delighted with those three points.

Scott Wharton comes back in and we win. I might be wrong but think we have won every game he's started this season. Extremely under-rated player and his importance to the side can't be overstated.

Yes, he's got everything in my opinion. Physical, got decent pace, excellent in the air, distributes well, positionally superb. Destined for the Premier League with or without us.

Only defenders I can think of who have been at his level since weve been in the Championship are Dann, Hanley and Duffy - who all went on to decent Premiership careers - but if I had to pick one of them I think I would take Scott.

As an aside Ayalas a funny one. Almost international level in terms of dominating the box but I think his lack of pace and poor distribution, along with prodigious injuries, has meant he's never really looked better than top end Championship.

Also with saying despite early days Hyam looks like he could be nearly as good as Scott!

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 3

Fantastic performance and result tonight, our general level of performance this season has been pretty poor but so much seemed to come together tonight that wasnt evident previously. The team selection was one not many if any would have requested but it really worked. We got a big chunk of luck with their goal that I am not sure why it was ruled out but we deserved a comfortable win. Pressing and one and two touch football that has barely been present across the 8 games prior with the 4 previous wins driven more by heart than by quality, tonight there was both in abundance.

Kaminski had little to do really. Pickering seems someone who gets an unfair level of criticism, he has been pretty steady all season and he also links well with Brereton. Carter played well too in an unfamiliar position and no doubting that the middle 3 are all very good, Wharton did look very rusty tonight and nearly cost us twice but we know how good he is.

Morton I felt was lucky to start but he more than justified his selection alongisde Travis who makes such a difference in midfield. Brereton should have scored but is always a threat and both Hedges and Dolan have to get goals and assists so well done to both, Hedges deserved the man of the match but Dolan cut out the stupid, unnecessary flicks and step overs and was much more productive, the front 3 were very good.

No point going to Luton now and losing, lets build on such an excellent display.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

The other bonus is that it seems Carter is a more than capable RB which eases the pressure of having only Brittain in that position.

And hopefully gives him some competition.

If it's as you say (missed most of the match) and continues in that vein then it's a massive plus. An over reliance on Brittain staying fit was starting to look like a real problem for this season. I did secretly hope Carter might be up to it after his Pompey stint. If he's a reliable right back at this level it's a huge bonus.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, M_B said:

If Carter keeps that up, Brittain will be his back up. 

He worked well against the way Watford played as we didn't really need him to cross the  ball in or get to the by line. He could let the forwards do all that.

I can see his lack of forward play being an issue when we play a defensive team sitting back.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Aside from Bristol, we have won every game (including cup games) where one of the Wharton brothers started, and Adam was brought off on the 69th in that game (at 2-0 down tbf).

Conversely, we have lost every game where neither of them started, except for West Brom.

Looking forward to both of them starting, the only time that's happened so far was the 4-0 win against Hartlepool, our heaviest win so far (yes I know, only Hartlepool).

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

These are the risks when you make money motivated sideways steps although i'm sure Coventry fans have said the same about Hyam.

The noises from Cov suggest Hyam didn't push for a move at all, and that the club almost foisted it on him. Meanwhile, Lenihan was very much wanted here but decided he wanted to be elsewhere. Funny how differently their form and fortune has been, you'd expect it the other way round based on whether they got what they wanted (I worried Hyam might not be motivated here but it doesn't seem to be the case).

• Like 4