BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (h) - 13/9/22 (possibly)…

13 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

How many red cards has he had in his career?

One of his faults, needless fouls that get him a yellow card. After saying that, when you get punched in the face from one of their players your gonna be slightly pissed off. Maybe JDT should drum discipilne into the squad, let the opposition do the fouling while we play football.

If we can keep Wharton, Ayala, and Hyam fit for the majority of the season then I think we're in with a shout this season. I don't see many teams finding it easy to score against a defence with those 3 in it. 

I do think there are a lack of goals in the team and the outcome of our games depend so much on who scores the first goal. I'm not sure how many times we've come from behind to win since promotion from lge 1. It can't be that many. 

Also interesting that Edun and Szmodics did not make the squad last night despite being fit. I think we may have seen the last of Edun with Mola taking his place as the utility man. JDT has seen that he's well below the level required. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

do would if it was offside or a foul on Rovers player. This is where some form of communicate from Officials to the fans would be welcome like they do in Rugby Union or League I believe, surely this wouldn't be hard to do?

They gave it as offside. When the Watford players started questioning, the linesman gave the "he was offside and ran back onside" gesture.

I've paused it frame by frame and he is stood offside as the ball is coming in, but the defender clearly goes back and plays him on as the ball is played. I'll definitely take it after some of the stuff we have had go against us previously.

At the time I thought maybe Hyam when he scored was offside as he was well advanced of the back line when he did his scorpion kick, but he was clearly on looking at the replay.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

I've gotta say, one of my favourite moments last night was the 'you're just a shit Ben Foster' chants which were almost instantaneous after Bachmann's 3rd attempt at taking a goal kick without the ball rolling (which it still was, I think the ref just gave up). And then again when he slipped flat on his face desperately trying to stop Choudhury's throw from going into the net - even though it wouldn't have been a goal anyway! 🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rovers11 said:

If we can keep Wharton, Ayala, and Hyam fit for the majority of the season then I think we're in with a shout this season. I don't see many teams finding it easy to score against a defence with those 3 in it. 

I do think there are a lack of goals in the team and the outcome of our games depend so much on who scores the first goal. I'm not sure how many times we've come from behind to win since promotion from lge 1. It can't be that many. 

Also interesting that Edun and Szmodics did not make the squad last night despite being fit. I think we may have seen the last of Edun with Mola taking his place as the utility man. JDT has seen that he's well below the level required. 

6 Times. 6 times in over 4 years.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hasta said:

They gave it as offside. When the Watford players started questioning, the linesman gave the "he was offside and ran back onside" gesture.

I've paused it frame by frame and he is stood offside as the ball is coming in, but the defender clearly goes back and plays him on as the ball is played. I'll definitely take it after some of the stuff we have had go against us previously.

At the time I thought maybe Hyam when he score was offside as he was well advanced of the back line when he did his scorpion kick, but he was clearly on looking at the replay.

Glad we got that luck as Davies should've seen a red never mind a yellow for that pathetic dive first half. Looks about 300 lbs and hit the deck like he'd been shot. Cheat.

13 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

One of his faults, needless fouls that get him a yellow card. After saying that, when you get punched in the face from one of their players your gonna be slightly pissed off. Maybe JDT should drum discipilne into the squad, let the opposition do the fouling while we play football.

Disagree on this, too may nice guys in our team, sometimes it's good to fight fire with fire. Joao Pedro's head went from that moment on, and I don't recall Travis actually being booked last night so what's the issue?

17 minutes ago, den said:

Don’t know but it makes no difference to my views.

Did you used to think the same about Robbie Savage then?  Quite similar players - wind up merchants but in my opinion not whizz tops or players that resort to violence, they're smarter than that and leave it to the people they're winding up.  But for poor refereeing, Travis would have had two opposition players sent off in the last 3 games with absolutely no danger of getting sent off himself. 

56 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Hmmm, he's averaging about one yellow card every 4.5 games throughout his career, and one red card in his entire career.  For a combative midfielder whose job it is to be in the heat of battle, I'd say that's not indicative of someone with poor discipline. 

• Like 3

I definitely had more confidence in the strength of the squad last night, much better knowing that most are fit and available and there are squad selection dilemmas. Having players like Edun, Rankin Costello and Vale out of the squad entirely when all are nowhere near being of the level required in favour of genuine options who could impact things is a good sign. You would imagine that Brittain would replace Phillips in the squad when fit and Gallagher will be in the squad so not sure who makes way there. Long season though.

The Szmodics situation could be interesting for someone who cost so much though. You look at the 5 attacking players in the squad yesterday, admittedly Dolan's upturn in form is very recent and we don't know how long it will last but throw Gallagher into the mix (I would like Markanday in and around it but not fancied by Tomasson) and he has an uphill battle to make the 18 in the short term.

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Explain to me how two referees staring right at this can do nothing?

Looked something of nothing from the Blackburn End and not sure that my opinion watching that video changes much, certainly not conclusive of a "punch in the gut." Plus no reaction really either in game or post match suggesting we were hard done by.

1 hour ago, rovers11 said:

Just a question of rotation that i think given the way JDT wants his front men to play there'll be a lot of rotating across the front this season.

Edun is a handy utility man but he needs to be down the pecking order when everyone is fit.

Just came across this article about Dom's goal in the Coventry Telegraph, this copied tweet made me chuckle:

@Fraser83Stuart: Cov fans: Why is everyone bothered about Hyam so much, it’s not like he’s Ronaldo!! Dom Hyam: *Hold My Hotpot*

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/outrageous-dom-hyam-goal-makes-25015250

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

At the time I thought maybe Hyam when he scored was offside as he was well advanced of the back line when he did his scorpion kick, but he was clearly on looking at the replay.

I've watched it 20 times and struggle to see a clear offside, but I will take it given several wrong decisions in recent games. 

My biggest complaint is some form of communication from the ref which could be broadcast to the crowd why it's not be given. 

34 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I definitely had more confidence in the strength of the squad last night, much better knowing that most are fit and available and there are squad selection dilemmas. Having players like Edun, Rankin Costello and Vale out of the squad entirely when all are nowhere near being of the level required in favour of genuine options who could impact things is a good sign. You would imagine that Brittain would replace Phillips in the squad when fit and Gallagher will be in the squad so not sure who makes way there. Long season though.

The Szmodics situation could be interesting for someone who cost so much though. You look at the 5 attacking players in the squad yesterday, admittedly Dolan's upturn in form is very recent and we don't know how long it will last but throw Gallagher into the mix (I would like Markanday in and around it but not fancied by Tomasson) and he has an uphill battle to make the 18 in the short term.

We have plenty of squad depth and can play 2 very different formations which listening and read JDT's post-match comments he wants the options to play different formations in different games with us playing the same style of play. 

Szmodics, Vale, Edun, Gallagher and Markanday all missed out on the squad for different reasons. I don't include JRC has I don't see him playing here again first team wise after JDT comments last week about him. His time here is done. 

Anyone not in the 18 squad well its down to them to train well in training and push their way into 18-man squad. 

34 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Looked something of nothing from the Blackburn End and not sure that my opinion watching that video changes much, certainly not conclusive of a "punch in the gut." Plus no reaction really either in game or post match suggesting we were hard done by.

really? Pedro hand moves into Travis's stomach which is clear to see on the footage and let's hope he is ban for 3 games.  

No reaction? did you not seem JDT's reaction? 

The 4th official had a clear view of it. so why no decision from him again? 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I've watched it 20 times and struggle to see a clear offside, but I will take it given several wrong decisions in recent games. 

My biggest complaint is some form of communication from the ref which could be broadcast to the crowd why it's not be given. 

We have plenty of squad depth and can play 2 very different formations which listening and read JDT's post-match comments he wants the options to play different formations in different games with us playing the same style of play. 

Szmodics, Vale, Edun, Gallagher and Markanday all missed out on the squad for different reasons. I don't include JRC has I don't see him playing here again first team wise after JDT comments last week about him. His time here is done. 

Anyone not in the 18 squad well its down to them to train well in training and push their way into 18-man squad. 

really? Pedro hand moves into Travis's stomach which is clear to see on the footage and let's hope he is ban for 3 games.  

No reaction? did you not seem JDT's reaction? 

The 4th official had a clear view of it. so why no decision from him again? 

As I said, it was unclear both at the game and on that video from the otherside of the pitch, nor was it mentioned post match. A "punch to the gut" certainly isnt clear from that vantage point.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

As noted below it, it's clear from the video it's more around the chest/top of the torso.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

As I said, it was unclear both at the game and on that video from the otherside of the pitch, nor was it mentioned post match. A "punch to the gut" certainly isnt clear from that vantage point.

I think it's clear to see that his hand moves into Travis stomach/lower chest area so defiantly deserved further investigating by the match officials people

Mentioned post match? by who? JDT or by some fans on here? 

13 minutes ago, JoeH said:

As noted below it, it's clear from the video it's more around the chest/top of the torso.

12 minutes ago, JoeH said:

As rectified below.

It's the word "punch" that I am contesting.

It may have been, but it isn't clear from that angle or even close to be, more did it seem the case at the ground.