BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (h) - 13/9/22 (possibly)…

Having S. Wharton and Ayala back in the quad and with at least one of them starting would be a huge boost. That being said, it won't count for much if the midfield don't have an impact on the game as we saw against Bristol City.

Instead of 3 at the back, I would look to sacrifice one of the forward players to install a holding midfielder to beef things up in the middle. Not ideal but then Watford are a far superior side to Rovers at this moment.

GK. Kaminski

RB. Carter

CB. Hyam

CB. S. Wharton

LB. Pickering

DM. Travis

CM. Buckley

CM. A. Wharton

RF. Hedges

CF. Hirst

LF. Brereton

The concern of course is that Hirst could be very isolated, but if they can get the ball into him I think can do a good job at holding the ball up and bringing others into play.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Baffles me the negativity from some fans of ours it really does.

Yes it'll be a tricky game but to just write it off as a loss is bonkers.

Watford haven't won a game away all season for crying out loud and that includes games against Rotherham, Birmingham, Preston. Are we really much worse than those?!?

1-1 draw.

That's it then, Bristol had not won away either.  We fix what ever is ailing our opponents away win banker now.

• Like 2

Hope I'm wrong but I can't see anything other than a defeat tonight 

Watford haven't won away yet but then neither had Bristol City until they came to Ewood

Rovers are and always have been very kindly towards teams in poor form or in need of a win

Rovers 0 Watford 2

• Like 1

Midfield will be a tough battle today with Choudhury in there for them. I have seen quite a bit of him for Leicester and think he will be very strong in the Championship.

Sarr is absolutely ridiculous for this level and with our fullbacks being the area of greatest concern at the moment we could be in for a long night. I’m still having nightmares about Davis from when we played Forest last year so not relishing the prospect of seeing him line up against us.

Depends which Rovers turn up, but we have struggled against teams that have really gone at us, which I think Watford will. I’d bite your hand off for a point right now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Were on home soil, lets do unspeakable things to them and beat them. Come on Rovers get it together tonight.

Love it!

Of course, we can't build 'Fortress Ewood' again until we instill a siege mentality in the players. We know they are capable of playing with flair and with passion - this evening would be an excellent time to bring those qualities to the fore once again 😉

COYB!

10 minutes ago, rigger said:

We're playing Watford, not Man City.

Aye, and we played Brizzle Citeh, not Barcelona, but they still knocked us clear out of the stadium. Arguably little old Watford have even more in their locker than Brizzle, so perhaps a modicum of apprehension may be justified..

9 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Aye, and we played Brizzle Citeh, not Barcelona, but they still knocked us clear out of the stadium. Arguably little old Watford have even more in their locker than Brizzle, so perhaps a modicum of apprehension may be justified..

Yes but no two games are the same in this league. Nothing would surprise me tonight, scoreline-wise.

1 hour ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

In over 50 years of watching the Rovers, I have never been apprehensive about playing Watford. I am not going to start now.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, rigger said:

In over 50 years of watching the Rovers, I have never been apprehensive about playing Watford. I am not going to start now.

I know what you  mean, and in my 50 years of supporting Rovers I've learned never to pre-judge the opposition, whilst understanding that sometimes the wearing of the famous Blue & White shirt isn't always enough, even with home advantage 🙂

I want us to win tonight, and I want us to play attractive and attacking football.

In this game you can have anything you want, as long as you are prepared to pay......

......attention 🙂 

COYB!

2 hours ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Bristol City beat us 3-2 and 2 of those goals were sucker-punches. 

1 hour ago, rigger said:

1989 - Playoff semi-final 2nd leg away Watford - Apprehensive doesn't do it justice, terrified does.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, mick said:

Over from Canada and hopefully a Rovers win. 

Well this puts my drive over The Pennines into some perspective!

I really hope the lads put on a show for you @mick and we get a result against a very good Watford side.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

I see the Rovers stream is available to all UK and Overseas supporters this evening. That is a change from the norm, where matches are only available to watch live for overseas. Why the change, I wonder?