BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

5 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

I don't know if its the Rovers result today that's deflated me but i just thought oh well another defeat after the pen miss rather than being peed off at losing

To be honest I know the vast majority on here would take a rovers win over an England defeat but in the context I’d have taken a big loss and an England win. Might be the last of a country over club era but with 3 knobbers who would have fucked off their biggest win in 50 years for a win here.

For us here now everyone has lost. Except we have lost twice. 

Edited by matt83

In the end England failed again 

Germany 4 World Cups 3 European Championships

Italy 4 WC 2 Euros

France 2 WC 2 Euros

Spain 1 WC 3 Euros 

England 1 WC, 56 years ago

And we think we're good at football

Edited by jim mk2

• Backroom

Once again England choke when it really matters. Still can't beat a nation of similar stature. Kane's horrendous penalty will be a defining moment of his international career, unfortunately, whilst Southgate currently slots into the long line of managers who couldn't get England over the line when it really mattered. He's had three big chances at WC 2018, Euro 2020 and WC 2022 to take that step and it just hasn't happened. He'll probably have another crack at the next Euros and World Cup, but he still hasn't been able to solve the problem of us bottling it against teams on par with us in terms of talent and reputation.

France weren't even that good tonight, yet we rarely threatened them from open play. Morocco will give them a game. A Morocco/Croatia final would be quite appropriate considering the below average performances of most of the big nations/favourites in this tournament. 

• Like 3

Nothing you can do about the first French goal, but England will be disappointed with the 2nd. One moment of quality from Griezemann and Giroud and that was enough. I always thought Giroud might score rather than Mbappe. 

I was lucky enough to see 1966. It won't happen again in my lifetime

5 minutes ago, DE. said:

Once again England choke when it really matters. Still can't beat a nation of similar stature. Kane's horrendous penalty will be a defining moment of his international career, unfortunately, whilst Southgate currently slots into the long line of managers who couldn't get England over the line when it really mattered. He's had three big chances at WC 2018, Euro 2020 and WC 2022 to take that step and it just hasn't happened. He'll probably have another crack at the next Euros and World Cup, but he still hasn't been able to solve the problem of us bottling it against teams on par with us in terms of talent and reputation.

France weren't even that good tonight, yet we rarely threatened them from open play. Morocco will give them a game. A Morocco/Croatia final would be quite appropriate considering the below average performances of most of the big nations/favourites in this tournament. 

We had 3 or 4 excellent chances. The better team lost

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Nothing you can do about the first French goal, but England will be disappointed with the 2nd. One moment of quality from Griezemann and Giroud and that was enough. I always thought Giroud might score rather than Mbappe. 

I was lucky enough to see 1966. It won't happen again in my lifetime

U can't be sure of that

In the cold light of day, France scored two brilliant goals and England missed a pen. Ref made some terrible decisions but England had the chances to score despite him. If you don’t take your chances, you have only yourself to blame.

• Like 4