BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

11 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They run the club as a loss making arm of an otherwise profitable industry. They are quite comfortable with that situation and obviously don’t see any need for it to change. Promotion would only bring more hassle for them and, more importantly, more scrutiny from the media. I can’t see them ever relinquishing the death grip they have on Rovers.

Give me death and resurrection any day instead of this.

9 hours ago, bluebruce said:

That's only really true of recent Wharton. Just out of form as far as I'm concerned, until it goes on for a lot longer.

Wharton was calmness on the ball personified up until recently. Seemed to struggle a bit with the whole passing out from the back malarkey which to be honest was partly down to the inept midfielders in front not coming for the ball. He'll be fine.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

It would require some flex from Brighton but I'd look at being a tad creative. A six month loan with an obligation to buy, just prior to his Brighton contract expiring. Gives us the ability to bring in others this window. 

I'm confused, why would this benefit any of the parties more than just buying him now for the same price? I'm sure we could be creative with our accounting too and just have the payments begin in the summer.

If we did what you suggest, I would think that a foreign club could offer him a pre-contract even if we had an obligation to buy clause.

Everton are again looking at BBD, he'll be a "cheap option" apparently.

Considering the fact that they offered a poxy £8m (IIRC) in the summer window, I wonder what laughable amount they'll stump up this time with his contract expiring soon 😅

Wouldn't take less than 6/7m personally!

“They’re pondering a move and he will be a cheap option. Lampard is seriously pushing for that signing again.”

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Considering the fact that they offered a poxy £8m (IIRC) in the summer window, I wonder what laughable amount they'll stump up this time with his contract expiring soon 😅

“They’re pondering a move and he will be a cheap option. Lampard is seriously pushing for that signing again.”

Well we all know what happens with “ Cheap Options “ . About 1 in 10 actually come off. Plus if you were BBD would you want to go to Everton and a relegation struggle when more interesting offers may well be forthcoming in the Summer ?

• Like 2

On 03/01/2023 at 15:30, rigger said:

From what I have seen,  any league team taking Hirst on loan or even worse, buying, is being made a mug of. I doubt Hirst will make Leicesters U21s.

He will get a league 1 club for sure since he had a decent season at Portsmouth there. 

• Like 1

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Jamal Lowe meant to be going out on Loan…Would anyone take him? 

Definitely. Could see him at Hull if they don't get Ebiowei though

27 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Zero value in selling. Whatever we get won't cover the original cost and without him we're inarguably a worse team.

I certainly wouldn't let BBD go now for anything other than a big offer.

From his point of view though a move to Everton isn't as daft as it might sound to some given their current position. Huge club, just up the road, big contract and maybe signing on fee AND a chance to play in the Prem right away.

Struggling team or not it's a big draw and if they come down they'll be highly likely to bounce straight back and he'll have the prospect of scoring a bag full in this league then another crack at the Prem.

I wouldn't rule it out from his point of view but i expect the Vs will want 10 mill.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

I read this rumour yesterday and I wouldn't take less than 10 million. If we are to sell(which I wouldn't as I think it would massive impact on our promotion) we must have replacements like up like left side attacker and striker aswell. I would be looking at Todd Cantwell from Norwich, Dembele or Lowe from Bournemouth for left side attacker. Striker someone like Jerry Yates from Blackpool or Undaz on loan from Brighton

41 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Cameron Archer is off to Boro having turned down the Nobbers. 

Was never coming here. 

On 01/01/2023 at 22:38, SuperBrfc said:

Bit of info that I have seen shared by a couple of posters on another forum that is worth sharing here. One of the posters was a former member here and somebody who I always viewed as being a good source of information.

As is usually the case, it appears to have come from 'sources' that each of them have, so feel free to take it as you wish. Anyway, the latest is:

1) Broughton has, apparently, interviewed three potential new signings in the UK during the week just gone. Two Scandinavians, one German. One of those three is an attacking midfielder.

2) A new midfielder was being shown around the club a few days ago and is set to sign. It's as good as done by the sounds of it. No idea who he is, which club he's from, his nationality etc.

3) Everton want BBD and will give us Ellis Simms in return. The rumour is they have bid £9m for BBD plus Simms but it has been turned down. I don't know if Simms is a permanent or a loan move in this equation.

Again, the info has come from two posters on another site, so I don't know any more than what has been mentioned above.

Everton have recalled Simms from his loan spell at Sunderland, so there might be something in the rumoured Rovers link.

If the above info is correct, I am glad we are looking at the central midfield area. Our powderpuff midfield has been brushed aside on too many occasions already this season. It's literally men against boys most weeks and definitely needs bolstering with a couple of solid additions, in my view.

anymore more on this? 

Simms can't come here due to playing for 2 teams this season alreadt

Edited by chaddyrovers

I would certainty sell Brereton provided the money goes into the transfer kitty. There are many variables as to why to sell or keep but the overriding thought in my mind is that he almost certainty won't be here next season and Tomasson should be building towards that. I wouldn't like another Rothwell situation where a player coasts for six months and to be fair Brereton seems to be cut from a different cloth than Rothwell. But with these randomers in charge who knows.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Which is exactly the situation we'll be in at the end of the season; worse in fact, as we'll get nothing for him.

If we went up it wouldn't be worse.

But either way, we can't afford the risk of replacing, you can't replace someone of BBD's quality immediately with £4-5m IMO.

55 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

anymore more on this? 

Simms can't come here due to playing for 2 teams this season alreadt

No, nothing more on any of that. It was info that I had seen shared by two posters elsewhere. Simms won't be happening as he played for Everton the other night. Based on today's article above, it looks like there is something in the BBD to Everton rumour.