BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

1 hour ago, Theaxe15 said:

Jesus Christ, we’re a week into January. We’ve not even played a game since the first day of the window and won’t play a league one for another week. The obsession, and anger, fans have with transfer window activity is a bit much at times 

Read what I wrote Mr Mokoena 😉 What was written is that it is the same old, very turgid and tired same old.

VENKYS OUT!

We are on course for finishing 12th. A supercomputer predicted that earlier this week. Nothing to see here. Move on. Nothing to see.

groundhog.gif

Edited by Shirley Crabtree Wrestler
fat, round, a hog that makes no sound. Groundhog day, groundhog day..

For me, if the club choose to sell Brereton now, then the difference to our league position is finishing around 8th (with), or 10th (without).

I genuinely don't think that keeping him will make that much difference to where we end up this season.

Banking a few million for him gives us the opportunity in theory - yeah, yeah I know... - to get 2 or 3 players who could improve the team all round for next season.

• Like 5

First week of the window:
Everyone tries to do the business they've spent months teeing up. Almost every deal gets batted straight back because "it's only week one" and clubs/players/agents are weighing up options. Some deals which had been pre-agreed get done fairly quickly and some deals for complete random players who aren't under offer from more than one club get done too.

(you are here)

Second week of the window:
Bigger clubs start to get more deals done and more loan players become available. Domino affect starts and as more deals get done, other deals come into the forefront.

Third week of the window:
Agents/players who've been "patient" start to panic, they're getting offered around everywhere and here comes the rumour mill. "Blackburn, Sunderland and Cardiff linked with Player X" articles galore. Clubs re-asses whats available to them and start to do some things they didn't plan to back in November and December.

Final week of the window:
Clubs who've been "patient" start to panic. They go for players who are unproven, or they overpay for players who aren't all that. More rumours, more panic, more chaos.

Window closes.

Edited by JoeH

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

First week of the window:
Everyone tries to do the business they've spent months teeing up. Almost every deal gets batted straight back because "it's only week one" and clubs/players/agents are weighing up options. Some deals which had been pre-agreed get done fairly quickly and some deals for complete random players who aren't under offer from more than one club get done too.

Second week of the window:
Bigger clubs start to get more deals done and more loan players become available. Domino affect starts and as more deals get done, other deals come into the forefront.

Third week of the window:
Agents/players who've been "patient" start to panic, they're getting offered around everywhere and here comes the rumour mill. "Blackburn, Sunderland and Cardiff linked with Player X" articles galore. Clubs re-asses whats available to them and start to do some things they didn't plan to back in November and December.

Final week of the window:
Clubs who've been "patient" start to panic. They go for players who are unproven, or they overpay for players who aren't all that. More rumours, more panic, more chaos.

Window closes.

We're about to enter week two. Sure it's frustrating that nothings happened but this is just the stage of the window we're at. Preston are loaning Tom Cannon? Fine, he fits into the category of unproven and if we'd gone for him I think people would've been really angry. Let the window take its course.

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

We're about to enter week two. Sure it's frustrating that nothings happened but this is just the stage of the window we're at. Preston are loaning Tom Cannon? Fine, he fits into the category of unproven and if we'd gone for him I think people would've been really angry. Let the window take its course.

When you read that we’re going into a pretty important FA Cup game with Jack Vale leading the line it’s pretty obvious where we’re weakest. That’s been the case for months.

• Like 7

I’m hoping we have a sell-on clause for Raya.

It’s was £3m fee, plus the promotion bonus (£1m/£2m) and a sell-on clause would be around £6m/£7m all together?

Hopefully JDT gets the cash to use in the summer for a new striker. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CambridgeRover said:

Yes I would have personally sold for anything 7mill plus. I dont rate Brereton as a premier league striker. Although this would have depended on Venkys actually reinvesting the money.

I wouldn't sold for less than 15 million and I think that fair price for HIM

23 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Firstly Joe, great summary on the transfer window. 

I agree with you Cannon summary

19 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

When you read that we’re going into a pretty important FA Cup game with Jack Vale leading the line it’s pretty obvious where we’re weakest. That’s been the case for months.

is the FA cup game a pretty important? 

I am happy Vale will start today

Vale's had a bit of time out now much like JRC, hopefully the same end result and a much improved player... 

We play in a specific (some would say boring) way. So much so that it's difficult for a striker to just trap up for the odd game and play well. IF Ben was to leave I reckon someone else would step up to the job in hand. When Armstrong left we panicked but ended up ok.

14 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

I’m hoping we have a sell-on clause for Raya.

It’s was £3m fee, plus the promotion bonus (£1m/£2m) and a sell-on clause would be around £6m/£7m all together?

Hopefully JDT gets the cash to use in the summer for a new striker. 

I'm fairly sure we do have a pretty decent sell on, actually. I forget how much exactly, but not a trivial %. 

Even with a year left on his contract I can't see him going for less than £20 million in the mad world which is modern football, so I'd say we'd be in line for a couple of million most likely.

19 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Mental that Mowbray sold him 😂.

So many of us thought it was absolutely woeful business, others thought he was shit.

Since selling he's played for Spain and linked with top clubs.

Those people weather they like to admit it or not were wrong...very very wrong.

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't sold for less than 15 million and I think that fair price for HIM

Firstly Joe, great summary on the transfer window. 

I agree with you Cannon summary

is the FA cup game a pretty important? 

I am happy Vale will start today

Every game is important. A banging today and we’re back to square one confidence wise.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Those people weather they like to admit it or not were wrong...very very wrong.

Definitely - but it was a fair criticism that as a team, we were letting in far too many soft goals from crosses. You couldn't put all of that at Raya's door, obviously, but it was definitely an aspect of the game that he needed to work on. 

We didn't get enough money for him though, and replacing him with Walton for a season was a poor bit of business. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, J*B said:

Glad to see someone of a similar mindset. 

If we don’t sell BBD this month we have gambled:

1) We will be in the top four sides excluding Burnley and Sheffield United 

2) We will beat two of the other four sides (the first over two legs) 

3) Doing 1 & 2 will be enough to encourage him to stay 

If we don’t achieve points 1 (and 2) we will be faced with the prospect of replacing one of the best players in the league with whatever budget we can put together. 

Let’s not forget Ben can choose to sign for a foreign team today for nothing, albeit he wouldn’t move until summer. 

I don't care that much if 3 happens, if 1 & 2 do. But they won't of course. I'd sell for about 10-12 million at this stage. And then I'd spend the rest of the season wondering what would have happened if he stayed.

2 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Definitely - but it was a fair criticism that as a team, we were letting in far too many soft goals from crosses. You couldn't put all of that at Raya's door, obviously, but it was definitely an aspect of the game that he needed to work on. 

We didn't get enough money for him though, and replacing him with Walton for a season was a poor bit of business. 

I still think Kaminski is a better all-round GK.

Not this again, Kaminsky's decent, probably looks better than he actually is by virtue of coming in immediately after the calamitous Walton but he's nowhere near being in Raya's class imo. Anyhow I believe we do have a surprisingly large sell on clause in our favour as regards Raya so I hope he secures a massive move to one of the "big" Clubs ASAP.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not this again, Kaminsky's decent, probably looks better than he actually is by virtue of coming in immediately after the calamitous Walton but he's nowhere near being in Raya's class imo. Anyhow I believe we do have a surprisingly large sell on clause in our favour as regards Raya so I hope he secures a massive move to one of the "big" Clubs ASAP.

How can he look better than he actually is? Walton has been gone for ages and Kaminski has been superb this season.

• Like 2