BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Can I ask why he couldn't make it as a midfield anchorman? He sounds tailor-made for that more than centre back from those attributes?

Mainly cos he doesn’t play there Mike! 😉 

My attributes are probably well suited to working in finance… doesn’t mean I’d be drafted in by Deloitte any time soon! 

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we don`t need any defenders,ffs has everyone at brockhall finally completely lost the plot,we need midfielders and a centre forward,as for diaz,if it`s true,what a way to run a business,buy someone for 7 million and then let him go for peanuts,this must be the new regime that has a definative plan for the future🤣

To be fair I respect the forward planning, Porteous is a great replacement for an ageing Ayala on big money. Hopefully BBD is the last time an asset leaves us for free. We do desperately need a centre mid and a striker though. 

• Like 6

What about Jonny Howson ? Experienced at this level bit of a battler  chips in with the odd goal and into final 6 months of contract so should be relatively cheap (not sure what kind of wages he would command) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Butty said:

To be fair I respect the forward planning, Porteous is a great replacement for an ageing Ayala on big money. Hopefully BBD is the last time an asset leaves us for free. We do desperately need a centre mid and a striker though. 

we`ve got scott wharton,ayala,carter,barnes(who jdt speaks highly of) and the "future england international!!!" ash phillips as well as hyam,whats the point of having all these young players if you don`t play them,is`nt it greg the egg`s plan to develop them and sell them on,they ar`nt going to develop sitting on the bench or  mincing around in the u23`s,similarly they ar`nt going to increase in value unless we start scoring goals and winning games,something you can`t do if you have a **** poor midfield and a pop gun attack

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Finished 6th with Dalglish and got promoted. I was cheering.

So will I if we finish 6th this time. On present form I'd that's as likely as you ever criticising anything connected with Rovers

• Like 4

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Don't we know you won't stop saying it. 

It depends on how much money would be invest and would we got a good enough replacement in. Also bids on deadline day were pointless. Never going to be accept us. 

We having one loan player to replace one who left us. Maybe the player we want isn't available to the Summer or his club wants too much for him. Plus depending on what the budget and whether you can get a quality player. 

You suggesting signing BBD and signing 3 players but then you are increasing the wage bill which might be over budget. Plus can you sign a quality replacement in this window. Big questions and none we really have the answer to as we don't have access to the budget, what is going on the behind the scenes transfer wise, plus agents, clubs and players demands? 

Fair enough. I judge him on all 6 departments

no transfer window is easy ss you make you it sound. I don't know if you what the transfer documentary yesterday on Sky one at 9pm last night but what a brilliant insight in football and how clubs, agents and players work in transfer window and before. 

I understand your point about BBD but if clubs want to get him on the cheap then no chance. Plus you got to look replacement's cost and can you bring in the required quality. You are talking at least 5 million for a quality striker to replace BBD's goals then you need a left side midfielder to replace him position wise. In the summer maybe we can do it cheaper or have a bigger budget than this season. We see in the coming weeks and months 

We currently have 2 loan players at the club. Garrett and Wharton will replace Morton anyway long term. 

I think BBD will sign a pre contract with a Spanish club. Probably in the near future it will be announce. Said this in the summer also. 

Ayala will go but if we sign the Hibs defender haven't we already replace him plus Carter and Phillips backing this up. 

hardly a rebuild at the minute looking at it but GB and his team will be planning for next season already or should be despite the January window being open. 

what are his strengths and weaknesses

To be honest chaddy would put him in a similar vein to Lenihan. He is super aggressive no nonsense center back who has a red in him due to his aggressiveness. But I would say he about the same level Lenihan but younger with a lot of growth in him still but good old classic warrior something I feel we lack in this team. I do wonder what this means for Scotty Wharton as Porteous is to replace Ayala, we are playing 4 at the back not 5 and I imagine Ash Philips will soon be ahead of him 

6 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

To be honest chaddy would put him in a similar vein to Lenihan. He is super aggressive no nonsense center back who has a red in him due to his aggressiveness. But I would say he about the same level Lenihan but younger with a lot of growth in him still but good old classic warrior something I feel we lack in this team. I do wonder what this means for Scotty Wharton as Porteous is to replace Ayala, we are playing 4 at the back not 5 and I imagine Ash Philips will soon be ahead of him 

Scott Wharton can be a liability at times takes far too long on the ball and he’s passing asnt been upto scratch the last few months. I agree Ash Phillips will soon be ahead of him 100%

• Like 1

Has anybody been watching the Sky documentary " Deadline Day : Footballs transfer window" 

Really good insight into the role of agents and their relationship with the players. Also shows just how difficult it is to get deals done and what's involved in trying to sign a player

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we`ve got scott wharton,ayala,carter,barnes(who jdt speaks highly of) and the "future england international!!!" ash phillips as well as hyam,whats the point of having all these young players if you don`t play them,is`nt it greg the egg`s plan to develop them and sell them on,they ar`nt going to develop sitting on the bench or  mincing around in the u23`s,similarly they ar`nt going to increase in value unless we start scoring goals and winning games,something you can`t do if you have a **** poor midfield and a pop gun attack

Scott Wharton been miles off it, Ayala is class but is on big money and isn’t a young pup anymore, Carter not good enough for a team supposedly going for top six and Barnes and Phillips not ready yet. 

Porteous would be a class signing. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Loses his awkward cult hero status if he leaves on a free, surely.

From a “cult hero” status, I’d much rather see him leaving and playing in La Liga with our best wishes than take 3m or whatever and see him playing for a Bournemouth or Forest.

Not his fault we ballsed the contract, he’s always given his all and it’s a great opportunity for the lad.

Plus he gets to fire us to playoff victory in the meantime.

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we don`t need any defenders,ffs has everyone at brockhall finally completely lost the plot,we need midfielders and a centre forward,as for diaz,if it`s true,what a way to run a business,buy someone for 7 million and then let him go for peanuts,this must be the new regime that has a definative plan for the future🤣

The time to sell Diaz was in the summer but the club was a captainless ship. With only 6 months on his deal no one is going to offer anything near what we value him at or what value he provides the side. He’s going to cash in as a free in the summer. Get to choose where to go…good on him he deserves it and our fault for not tying him down 18 or 24 months ago. 

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, Butty said:

Pretty much - I'm not going to whine that we're bringing in a quality player. They're scarce enough around Brockhall as it is. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, yankfan said:

The time to sell Diaz was in the summer but the club was a captainless ship. With only 6 months on his deal no one is going to offer anything near what we value him at or what value he provides the side. He’s going to cash in as a free in the summer. Get to choose where to go…good on him he deserves it and our fault for not tying him down 18 or 24 months ago. 

You'd have lynched everyone if we'd tied him down to a contract 18 months ago. He was persona non grata.

8 hours ago, roverstdt said:

I have to admit if we Porteous will be delighted be a fan of his for a while and we have seem to be constantly linked with him for several years. Daniel Ayala has been fantastic this season but in November will be 33 i wouldn't renew his contract and we may save a few quid on the salary as well. 

Gelhardt looks like a decent player going forward but isn't a striker which with Diaz returning i am less worried. The main issue for me is we are missing a Lewis Travis at his best, someone to throw in the tackle and push the midfield to fight for every ball. Garrett will become a decent player but we need someone to really bring the fight in the midfield area. Morton has been decent but isn't the aggressive player we need. I feel like the reason we lose these matches is due to a lack of intensity and confidence sometimes. I feel like Dack has been an incredible support to the team since returning, but we need more players like him who take responsibility.  

We don’t only need players who take responsibility like Dack does. We need players who can actually play skilful football, like Dack can. I felt on Saturday that Bradley was getting frustrated by the lack of ability of his team mates, just as we were. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

You got anything else on incomings? haha

I did try and say it without saying it, if that’s worth anything! 

The only thing I’ve heard is the Leeds lad is the one they want. I think we might announce his loan and BBD signing a pre contract with Villarreal on the same day. 

D83699FE-7B00-4D3D-8A55-534EE1F9339C.jpeg