BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

1 hour ago, superniko said:

No sell-on fee could be something that haunts us here, as well as the actual fee we're missing out on for selling him. We think he's a £10m-£15m player now.... 1 good season in La Liga and you can double that to £30m.

When clubs lose a player for free who they have offered a decent contract to, they should at least get a sell-on from any future deals. Wouldn't affect the player's freedom of movement, which is the purpose of the rules.

As it stands, I think we got him young enough to be entitled to a solidarity payment for any future transfers, but it would be minor (like 1% or something).

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

There would have been a meltdown. 

Nobody at the club gives the remotest shit about supporters having meltdowns. They shrug off protest, planes, banners, music concerts, pitch invasions… I doubt fan reaction played any factor.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Nobody at the club gives the remotest shit about supporters having meltdowns. They shrug off protest, planes, banners, music concerts, pitch invasions… I doubt fan reaction played any factor.

The only fans reaction that would be noticed, would be if a large percentage of the 8000 season ticket holders did not renew, and Waggot didn't achieve his target next season.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

That £8m (the bid was reported at a bit more, but say £8m) is a very sizeable amount at this level to aid the current season and also the long term. For context, we spent maybe £4.5m in the summer, £0.5m last summer and £1m the summer before, so it is more than 3 seasons worth of budgets.

If there is no consideration of any reinvestment then that is an even bigger bad reflection on the owners. Buying, profiting, reinvesting should be a regular thing.

At a normal club that would be correct, money from his sale would be reinvested. With us none of the cash would be reinvested, Venkys would just give us less cash to cover losses for the year. With them it really doesn't matter. So we may as well keep him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, phili said:

At a normal club that would be correct, money from his sale would be reinvested. With us none of the cash would be reinvested, Venkys would just give us less cash to cover losses for the year. With them it really doesn't matter. So we may as well keep him.

What a way to run a football club!

FFP might have a say, not that it stands as an excuse to anyone defending them.

Just spoken to a Brighton supporting pal of mine about Undav..

He said he’s not cut it in the PL but could be great at our level. Also said the new manager isn’t a fan, he’s been playing a 19 year old kid ahead of him and he was a Potter signing. 

He thinks the club would try to recoup as much of the reported £4.5m they paid for him and get shut. 

Would be a wise move for us to include a buy option for the summer. Loan fee now plus an option to buy of say £3.5m+ add ons. If he bangs them in he’ll be worth a lot more than that. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, rover23 said:

He said he’s not cut it in the PL but could be great at our level. Also said the new manager isn’t a fan, he’s been playing a 19 year old kid ahead of him and he was a Potter signing. 

He thinks the club would try to recoup as much of the reported £4.5m they paid for him and get shut. 

Would be a wise move for us to include a buy option for the summer. Loan fee now plus an option to buy of say £3.5m+ add ons. If he bangs them in he’ll be worth a lot more than that. 

If it is wise, I'm pretty certain we won't be looking into that.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, rover23 said:

I'd be well on board with that. Unfortunately though, he'll probably go to Norwich or WBA if anywhere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Brentford had less than 10,000 every week at Griffin Park and next to no corporate or non-matchday income. Yet they had player trading and contracts down to a fine art, ensuring all their assets were under long term deals, enabling them to command big fees when richer clubs came calling, and promptly reinvesting the proceeds to sign replacement quality across their squad and go again.

Not necessarily easy but they had a plan and followed it and now look at them. They didn't hide behind excuses about crowds, income and FFP, they just found a way to overcome those disadvantages by trading very very well. The money recouped from selling the likes of Benrahma and Watkins vastly outweighing a few thousand fans more every other week.

What we have at Rovers has never been and probably will never be remotely close to what Brentford did, Lenihan, Rothwell, Diaz prove that. You can make up whatever excuses you like on behalf of the owners and their underlings but it would never have happened at a sensible football club.

Yet Waggott will be out at the next Forum meeting to deliver his analysis of why we can't spend and why we struggle and why we need to put prices up on season tickets to meet the shortfall. 

They're having us on and always have done. 

IMO, the bottom line is we have sh1te executive management.

The two key managers in a football club are the CEO and the football manager.  You ensure you get the best possible you can attract.  Waggott is on relative peanuts for his position and it doesn't half feckin show - IMO, he's useless and on easy street topping up his pension.  Why would you not pay your CEO £1million, or whatever it takes. when that much is paid to 3rd rate footballers?  I do not think JDT was an inspirational appointment - IMO, a third rater.

2 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Rovers have signed quite  few of their 'assets' to long term contracts since GB/JDT came into the club. Surely that's something to be applauded. 

BBD was never going to sign a contract here. He's been offered one and turned it down.

If the club had sold him last January then there would have been uproar on here and elsewhere that we were selling our only goalscorer when we were 2nd in the league. 

Let's hope JDT/GB are now looking 1 or 2 years ahead and making sure when we do sell someone for a lot of money we have already identified replacements.

And Venky's need to leave them to it and let the football people decide the transfer strategy. I'm hoping that is what has now changed with the appointment of a DoF.  

Sadly, I think Broughton is way, way out of his depth.  It's simple, Rovers should have got what they could have in the summer window instead of most likely ending up with feck all with our ability to improve the team hamstrung as a result.  Broughton should have been wise enough and bold enough to have told the Venky's what was required.

'Assets' given long term lucrative contracts include Travis and Buckley - you just couldn't feckin make it up.  IMO, p1ss poor from Broughton along with the signings of Hirst, Mola and Szmodics.

56 minutes ago, roverandout said:

No one is blaming Broughton for this.  The blame lies with Mowbray for only thinking of lining his own pockets

I am blaming Broughton.  IMO, he's highly culpable as in my response to Sweaty Gussets - based on what's happened under his tenure, I think he's naive, weak, unimaginative and seriously lacking judgement.

• Like 1

Sol Bamba talking about Ryan Porteous potentially moving to Rovers:

“I think it would be a good move for him. Obviously Hibs fans won’t be happy to lose him but I guess he wants to come down to England and test himself.

“Blackburn would be a good club for him. Their captain got injured in the last game which is probably why their interest is a bit more now.

“He’ll be a big miss when he eventually leaves the club. But it would be a big move and good move for him to go to Blackburn.”

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, J*B said:

Interesting. Just to be clear, Brentford plan on selling him with 12 months left on his contract, giving them funds to sign a replacement, rather than letting him run his deal down and leave on a free?!

And I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t already have a replacement identified. 

8 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

And I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t already have a replacement identified. 

Could do worse than go for Kaminski!

Will be interesting to see what fee they get for Raya - only certain fact is it will dwarf what they paid us for him.  Hope someone at Rovers was savvy enough to ensure we had a meaningful sell on clause!

Edited by Mercer

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

They're welcome ......... at the right price. Really isn't a patch on Raya imo.

Agree, he isn't.

However, think Raya has developed significantly whilst at Brentford and little doubt having a quality goalkeeping coach will have helped.

I think Kaminski could be a decent PL goalkeeper and it would be interesting to see how much more he has in his locker under the guidance of a quality goalkeeping coach.

• Like 2