BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

20 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Screenshot_20230119-083425.png

Could do with this getting over the line pronto, 20% sell-on clause isn't it?

That'd be around £3-4m if he went to United... but it'lll be more around £5-6m when they manage to shaft £30m out of Chelsea.

Edited by TheRevAshton

12 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Would Chelsea be looking to sign him? They've already got Kepa and Mendy, that's like £100m spent on the 2 keepers they already have.

Man Utd might be looking more long term for a successor to De Gea but he's only 32.

I could see Spurs going for him though to replace Lloris.

Spurs need a keeper, that’s for sure. I’ve never rated Lloris.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

Could do with this getting over the line pronto, 20% sell-on clause isn't it?

That'd be around £3-4m if he went to United... but it'lll be more around £5-6m when they manage to shaft £30m out of Chelsea.

Where's Henderson these days? He's a better keepers than Raya - assume they sold him?

• Like 1

On 16/01/2023 at 18:25, roversfan99 said:

Not sure where £5m comes from but you don't seem to fathom the fact that the alternative to taking these sums is to replace Brereton for free. Straight question, do you think we can sign a quality striker on a permanent contract on a free transfer, as well as a left sided midfielder? Would it be easier with £5m even or zilch?

The 5 mil come from cos that would striker would cost to replace BBD's goals. Someone like Jerry Yates from Blackpool would cost that. 

I am sure they will be players on free transfers who have the quality we want but whether they will come here I don't know

On 16/01/2023 at 18:25, roversfan99 said:

You are throwing lots of excuses in front of the club regarding transfers. Surely now we have created this extensive recruitment team supposedly, we are in a strong position to deal with the hurdles of signing players to be able to do it effectively?

Every transfer window is difficult and we are better place than we were last season in terms of recruitment and how we selected our targets. Of course we would have done our homework on signings which 

On 16/01/2023 at 18:11, Exiled_Rover said:

Loses his awkward cult hero status if he leaves on a free, surely.

not really. I will remember BBD and what he did here

On 16/01/2023 at 19:49, Sweaty Gussets said:

No surprise if BBD is signing a pre-contract abroad, that's been mooted since last summer when he was 'happy to stay' at Ewood for another season . It seemed even then that was the plan all along, just assumed it would have been Sevilla. 

I think its always be in his mindset for him to sign a pre contract with foreign club for the last 6 to 9 months 

20 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Undav will do for me, a bit older; more experienced and has scored goals where he has been. 

agreed there Glen. 

18 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I doubt we can compete with Watford on wages. 

But we can offer him first team starter place? can the others? does he want to be another Josh 

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Gelhardt has got an assist for Leeds tonight off the bench.

where did he play? did he impressiv

4 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Thanks. I hope he can play up front. 

Haha I know, of all the free transfers out there and we’re eyeing up a keeper. Maybe Kaminksi is attracting some attention? If the case then it’s a good move…
We best hope this Brighton lad is keen because it sounds like we’ve missed out on the Leeds lad to little Wigan.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

Here is a quick google translate from Nettavisen:

Nikita Haikin guarded the Glimt cage for several successful seasons at Aspmyra. After the 2022 season, the goalkeeper's contract expired and he has since been looking for a new club. For now, he has not signed, but now a decision on his future may be approaching. Nettavisen is aware that Haikin has several offers that he is now considering. Among other things from the MLS club Vancouver Whitecaps.

Haikin is said to have recently visited the club in Marbella in Spain where Vancouver is said to have stayed at a training camp. In recent days, Nettavisen has been sent photos of the 27-year-old in place on the Spanish sunny coast in meetings with the Canadian club, together with the Swedish agent Blash Hosseini. He also represents several Norwegian players and players who play daily in the Eliteserien.

Haikin is said to have recently also received a concrete offer from Blackburn, where Danish Jon Dahl Tomasson sits in the manager's chair and former development manager in Bodø/Glimt Gregg Broughton has the position of football director.

• Like 4

I said in the summer that a 2nd choice keeper was high up on my list of wants. I still think it makes sense so long as it isn't taking money away from the search for a striker.

Presumably Pears heads out on loan, gets some game time and then in the summer someone takes him off us and we maybe even get a small fee for him (okay I'm getting carried away). Presumably one of the younger lads stays as 3rd choice and plays regularly for the under 21s. And another of the young lads will presumably be released. 

So it does make sense. Bit of forward planning, importantly we aren't paying a transfer fee for a no.2 keeper which is a huge no no in this league.

• Like 4