BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

4 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Here is a story which goes back to 2012.

A gentleman by the name of Jack Mcleod made contact with me whilst I was the chair of the action group.

He was quite a unique person in that he was the youngest person to ever become a shareholder of the club, and when he made contact was also the oldest living supporter who still had shares.

His Father in the early part of the last century had been chair of the supporters group.

As a person he was well decorated with achievements ranging from the Queens  Golden Jubilee Medal in 2002, the british defence medal in 1945 to over 50 globally recognised achievements of the highest order.

Having got ill, he decided he wanted to donate his shareholding to the action group, as he wanted to support the supporters in anyway he could.

He wrote a letter to Ian Silvestor initially as they hadnt sent him the shareholders report. However he also made it clear his wishes to transfer ownership of his shares. As part of his letter he instructed the club that the action group secretary would be acting on his behalf in the UK as he now lived in Canada.

What he got back was Silvestor saying if he gave the shares to the action group, then the club will not recognise his shareholding and recind its existence. However Silvestor went one step further; he wrote a letter to tell Mr Mcleod that he needs to write a letter back to the club and include the attached paragraphs clearly stating he is not going to transfer them to the Action group.

This correspondence which I have it all, is shocking to read. The club knew he was elderly, but continued to threaten him until he he finally could fight no more and bowed to these demands.

This is our club secretary, I wasnt going to share this but as someone contacted me on twitter claiming he is the most hardworking guy, i couldn't let people think he is a victim of thr web.

He is a horrible person as his emails which I can provide but wont post on BRFCS paint exactly the type of man he is.

20230202_141411.jpg

20230202_141352.jpg

20230202_140638.jpg

20230202_140623.jpg

I hope the cartoonish sounding wanker has now fallen on his own sword.

• Like 2

Friends, family members and colleagues always ask “why do you bother with Rovers anymore?” 

The Venky ownership has turned us into a complete laughing stock. We’re a shambles of a club and many more fans will be turned away by even more incompetence from the idiots running the club. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Let's wait and see. Believe he was OK last night but looked nothing special. Huddersfield fans say he's bank our of form and happy to see him leave. Wing spaces currently occupied by Brereton and Hedges.

His set pieces alone will get him in the team - I like Hedges as an all round player (one of the few that can receive the ball in a tight space and not lose it), but his end product is a lacking. Brereton-Diaz hasn't scored for 11 games...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

On one hand I too want some sort of fecking apology from the club via a statement.

On the other, what's the point? It'll just be apologetic nonsense, pointing the finger at the big bad EFL which will be swallowed up by Chaddy & co. "We go again in the summer, get behind the lads" bla bla bla b*llocks.

The club won't take the blame, any apology would just be a hollow gesture. 

It's massively frustrating and nothing will happen because of it, no lessons learned either.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Why did the owners not sack Silvester when DJ Campbell didn't sign that time due to a fax issue?

A good question? With his links to SEM he should have been the first out really but it does make you wonder that they haven't left.

I really don't know why he hasn't been sacked on multiple occasions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BRFC_Polky said:

Friends, family members and colleagues always ask “why do you bother with Rovers anymore?” 

The Venky ownership has turned us into a complete laughing stock. We’re a shambles of a club and many more fans will be turned away by even more incompetence from the idiots running the club. 

My forever-suffering missus asks me that at least once a week. I find myself struggling more and more to answer.

• Like 2

Just now, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Very disappointed but not surprised. Will wait to hear more before fully judging but there needs to be an explanation.

Some of the conspiracy nonsense is unnecessary, as is calling for everyone involved to be fired when we don’t know the facts.

The facts are we are in the playoffs spots in Jan, for the second year running and we have not improved, again. BBD is leaving for free. Gregg and JDT both saying we are well positioned coming into the window.

And we get nothing. Then a breath of fresh air comes in, LOB, easily would be the best midfielder in the league and we balls up the paperwork.

Shambles and a joke shop.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's the club secretary job to sort the paperwork of the transfers out and sent to the correct people on time. 

The forms have to be signed by the CEO or club secretary (paragraph 47.1 of the regulations) there is no rule on who has to submit them.

that is entirely up to the management structure (ha!) to decide (and you’d hope to ensure takes place in a timely manner - again ha!)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I don’t want to be dramatic but I really do fear this could be a defining moment and the last straw for many long suffering and loyal fans

I mean this lot even managed to fuck up the best shirt in football (it's crap and wrong this year too, as it has been for about 12 years) - so I'm not surprised they fucked up a transfer. 

1 minute ago, Fraserkirky said:

The facts are we are in the playoffs spots in Jan, for the second year running and we have not improved, again. BBD is leaving for free. Gregg and JDT both saying we are well positioned coming into the window.

And we get nothing. Then a breath of fresh air comes in, LOB, easily would be the best midfielder in the league and we balls up the paperwork.

Shambles and a joke shop.

We've improved, just not enough. Obviously there's a big reset in the summer, but that's tomorrow's problem.

7 minutes ago, BigBar said:

For everyone saying we needed a striker, yes we could have done with one ideally but I don't think it can be understated just how much Lewis O' Brien would have improved this team. A presence and a bit of tenacity in midfield would improve the whole team, it's the core of any football team. 

With him in the side, being solid and robust in the middle of the park, the defence is not a problem for me and I have enough faith in Gallagher, Dolan, Dack and BBD to score the goals needed to win games if the rest is functioning as it should be.

I would prefer a midfield with Lewis O' Brien in it and the attackers we currently have than a new striker and a midfield of Morton/ Travis/ Garrett/ Buckley. 

Agree to disagree. There's no goals in Gallagher and Dolan should be a 20 minute impact sub. Dack and Brereton-Diaz are our only 'consistent' goal scorers, but one of them hasn't found the net for 11 games.

Replacing Vale / Gallagher with a goal scoring #9 (of any variety really - target man / quick, whatever) would have seen us win the Boro and Rotherham games quite comfortably. 

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

We've improved, just not enough. Obviously there's a big reset in the summer, but that's tomorrow's problem.

I can’t  begin to understand it, but I am amazed by your capability to remain pragmatic and calm about a very emotional matter. To me, it is equivalent to Nero fiddling whilst Rome burns.

• Like 2

If this is true (and we don’t know at this stage), it is entirely unacceptable.

I was considering a HST (can’t make every game due to work commitments), particularly on the back of O’Brien signing, but now there’s no chance.

We’re talking about a signing that legitimately could have pushed us into the promotion mix; which has a knock on effect of how bright the future of this club is.

But no, due to what seems to be sheer incompetence, computer says no.

Sack the Secretary if he’s to blame. Give me the job; I have a basic level of competency in my job and I actually give a shit about the club.

Not meaning to sound dramatic, but this could be a tipping point…

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

My forever-suffering missus asks me that at least once a week. I find myself struggling more and more to answer.

Yes, my wife is the same!

We both have season tickets, but she rarely attends Ewood Park anymore due to work commitments.

Her first year with a season ticket was the League One season and she loved it. I’ve told her what a full-ish Ewood Park is like and how great the club used to be. She saw a glimpse of this at the Oxford home game.

We’ve both spoke about not getting season tickets next season due to the prices. I can’t really imagine not having a season ticket at Ewood Park…but having some of the most expensive ST in the league, I can’t justify it anymore.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Andy said:

If this is true (and we don’t know at this stage), it is entirely unacceptable.

I was considering a HST (can’t make every game due to work commitments), particularly on the back of O’Brien signing, but now there’s no chance.

We’re talking about a signing that legitimately could have pushed us into the promotion mix; which has a knock on effect of how bright the future of this club is.

But no, due to what seems to be sheer incompetence, computer says no.

Sack the Secretary if he’s to blame. Give me the job; I have a basic level of competency in my job and I actually give a shit about the club.

Not meaning to sound dramatic, but this could be a tipping point…

I’d omit the penultimate paragraph from your application if I was you or they’ll consider you to be overqualified!

Edited by wilsdenrover
Because my grammar is shocking!
  • Like 1