BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham United (a) - 14/1/23 k/o 12:30pm

7 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Need a striker and a signing like the old Lewis Travis. 

Talk of JDT out is so laughably premature as to be embarrassing.

Just the turmoil we need when we’re relatively stable in the league with a squad punching above their weight isn’t it? 

Those calling for his head - who have you got your eye on to do better with this squad and why?

Thing is i said under TM in the last 2 years when the usual crowd were giving it 'but who else is there' nonsense this league is completely bread and butter. You don't have to be Pep or Klopp to have a team punching above its weight, outside of the parachute gang there probably isn't a better club to be at than Rovers.

That has shown with the arrival of JDT who is clearly as green as the grass when it comes to English football. Yet him, his nobody coach and the collection who've been on the gravy train here years have us 3rd. Despite some of the worst football since Appleton and the most weak pathetic efforts since Coyle.

So whilst it might understandably  seem crazy to pull the trigger replacing him isn't as big a deal as some like to portray.

Lets be honest he's fucking clueless we are 3rd because we have BBD and one or two - literally one or two - others. 

• Like 8

Just now, CAPT KAYOS said:

I think it probably is, however lacklustre is down to the manger to sort is it not ..something that he doesn't appear to be capable of changing

Yes but he's been here for 7 months (I think) whereas the man before him had five years and left us with an unbalanced and thin squad. And it's also down to Gregg Broughton who has a lot to prove if he's in charge of supplying quality footballers for the manager to work with (never been a fan of that model personally).

I get frustrated with JDT, the team he put out against Burnley was unfathomable, but the squad isn't great and the over reliance of inexperienced players isn't helping too.

I just don't think the problems are as black and white as some.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, lraC said:

Being a Blackburn Rovers supporter became a chore when Venky’s turned up. I bother, as they are a habit of a lifetime, but it’s no longer enjoyable or good for me. Venky’s have torn the heart and soul from the club and done the same to a large number of supporters too. 

For me, it's a History thing. My parents were Blackburners who moved to live in Blackpool after World War 2. Dad inculcated a love of the Rovers into his son - the only pupil at his Primary School in 1953 who knew for a fact that Rovers (half-way up the old Division 2) were better than the Blackpool team which won the "Matthews Cup Final" in 1953.

I knew that because my Dad told me so.

Goodness knows how he'd have reacted to a walloping like the one it sounds Rotherham have given us today.

• Like 4

He isn’t ‘clueless’ though, is he. He’s a ‘lot to learn’ to coin a phrase. But to have this ragtag lot as high as this, comfortably more wins than anyone below? And he should be sacked?

I’m breaking my own rule of commenting in the aftermath of defeats, as this place loses the plot, but to read that managers should be potted after a few months when top end of the table with this budget and players? 

Take it the ones asking for his head will be getting the chants started at the next Ewood game?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, S8 & Blue said:

Give us a name then?

This was a rebuild job, everyone’s expectations were low this season. .

Was it a rebuild job though? Lost more players than were brought in, and some of those who were brought in were for big money and of dubious quality.

I don't see rebuilding, I see managed decline. Yes we are in trip six, but I wonder for how much longer.

And let's not forget, it's Broughton whose getting the players in, if any fucker should be sacked, it's surely him first.

But still, what's the point, it's venkys. Nothing works, everything is shit, there's no hope and on and on it goes. I just feel so apathetic about it all

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, booth said:

Yes but he's been here for 7 months (I think) whereas the man before him had five years and left us with an unbalanced and thin squad. And it's also down to Gregg Broughton who has a lot to prove if he's in charge of supplying quality footballers for the manager to work with (never been a fan of that model personally).

I get frustrated with JDT, the team he put out against Burnley was unfathomable, but the squad isn't great and the over reliance of inexperienced players isn't helping too.

I just don't think the problems are as black and white as some.

7m or 7 days , its the manner of the performances more than anything  - we appear to getting worse rather than improving, was it jdt who said we would be a different team after the wc break .. 

3 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Give us a name then?

Remove 4 starters from his team, pad it out with kids and give him twenty games to get us in the top two or else.

Seems a fair, reasonable and not batshit way to run a football club. Instant gratification mindset, zero patience, and catastrophizing every defeat isn’t a constructive way to operate.

This was a rebuild job, everyone’s expectations were low this season. But yeah let’s try and build a promotion challenging squad by changing the manager every five bastard months.

That's not what i was saying and you know it cut the hysterics.

Who expects promotion ?  Nobody but when you finish 8th you are entitled to expect to try and build on that.  He has enough - more than enough - at his disposal to come up with better than that abject pathetic effort today.

Ask the numerous away followers i know who are now saying that's me done on the road i'm not wasting time and money and this.  Look at the home gates, there is no belief in this 'project' it's just prep for more water treading and there is very little belief in it on the pitch either that much is evident.

The only ultimate goal is to have the book value of the squad raised with little outlay

• Like 3

Just now, broadsword said:

Was it a rebuild job though? Lost more players than were brought in, and some of those who were brought in were for big money and of dubious quality.

I don't see rebuilding, I see managed decline. Yes we are in trip six, but I wonder for how much longer.

And let's not forget, it's Broughton whose getting the players in, if any fucker should be sacked, it's surely him first.

But still, what's the point, it's venkys. Nothing works, everything is shit, there's no hope and on and on it goes. I just feel so apathetic about it all

Yeah. We lost more than we’re brought in. Hence the need to rebuild?

Can only assume you’re talking about Szmodics “for big money and dubious quality”. Surely can’t be Hyam or Brittain? I still need to see more to decide on Sammie, don’t think he’s been totally crap.

Broughton seemingly has inherited a disjointed (if not downright poor) recruitment team/process, had to replace starters first, brought through more kids, and has had one transfer window.

Take a bloody breath lads.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Give us a name then?

Remove 4 starters from his team, pad it out with kids and give him twenty games to get us in the top two or else.

Seems a fair, reasonable and not batshit way to run a football club. Instant gratification mindset, zero patience, and catastrophizing every defeat isn’t a constructive way to operate.

This was a rebuild job, everyone’s expectations were low this season. But yeah let’s try and build a promotion challenging squad by changing the manager every five bastard months.

It’s the manner and regularity of the defeats that are the concern.

We are consistently shipping four goals.

I also agree with the groundswell of opinion that we have little or no ambition for promotion, either now or in the future.

It’s all smoke and mirrors overseen by the same ignorant, disinterested owners.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

That's not what i was saying and you know it cut the hysterics.

Who expects promotion ?  Nobody but when you finish 8th you are entitled to expect to try and build on that.  He has enough - more than enough - at his disposal to come up with better than that abject pathetic effort today.

Ask the numerous away followers i know who are now saying that's me done on the road i'm not wasting time and money and this.  Look at the home gates, there is no belief in this 'project' it's just prep for more water treading and there is very little belief in it on the pitch either that much is evident.

The only ultimate goal is to have the book value of the squad raised with little outlay

Who would you like to see succeed him and what would you like to see as long term strategy to improve the health/prospects of the football club?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S8 & Blue said:

Yeah. We lost more than we’re brought in. Hence the need to rebuild?

Can only assume you’re talking about Szmodics “for big money and dubious quality”. Surely can’t be Hyam or Brittain? I still need to see more to decide on Sammie, don’t think he’s been totally crap.

Broughton seemingly has inherited a disjointed (if not downright poor) recruitment team/process, had to replace starters first, brought through more kids, and has had one transfer window.

Take a bloody breath lads.

By disjointed I think you mean non-existent. We had the bloke that went to Aberdeen, Mowbray and Venus as our recruitment team. 

• Backroom
Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Tbf considering we've not seen much of Brittain either thanks to injuries we probably should wait to judge his transfer as well? Feels like most positive judgement on Brittain comes from a couple of decent games at the start of the season and a good reputation from before he joined us. 

Not sure home gates are anymore an issue because of this manager. We all know why they struggle to grow.

12/13k home fans every week, pretty standard over the past few years (and far better than half of last season) and that’s with them more expensive than ever.