BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham United (a) - 14/1/23 k/o 12:30pm

22 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’ve backed Gallagher to a certain extent in the past but yesterday was beyond belief. The way he stood and watched cross field balls aimed in his direction just go past him and out of play was unbelievable for a pro. The ball was past him before he realised he needed to get on his bike.

That happened a lot first half and had me insulting the PC monitor. It was like he had no awareness of ball speed, where he was on the pitch and just did nothing.

I did burst out laughing when he messed up the through ball.

JDT claims he was 1 on 1 with the the keeper. Never close to that, the ball has to be controlled first and the effort to control became pass back to the keeper.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

That happened a lot first half and had me insulting the PC monitor. It was like he had no awareness of ball speed, where he was on the pitch and just did nothing.

I did burst out laughing when he messed up the through ball.

JDT claims he was 1 on 1 with the the keeper. Never close to that, the ball has to be controlled first and the effort to control became pass back to the keeper.

Yeah, he was playing in deep sea divers boots yesterday. The image of Herman Munster flashed through my mind. He looked like a pretty poor amateur.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

JDT mentioned it, were not ready to challenge for the premiership yet, lets leave him to it and bring in talent from the January and Summer transfer windows. If Rotherham can put 4 past us, think of playing United, City, Liverpool etc in the premier. By the way I thought Rotherham played well and were up for it specially ongobe pardon the spelling.I would love to see him play in a Rovers shirt. Some of our lads wandered around the pitch like they were on another planet , not fit to wear the shirt. If your chosen to play you should give it 100%. Lets just settle for winning the FA cup and finishing as high as possible in the Championship.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, den said:

I hope the manager and players read this thread.

And Waggott, for all the good it'll do.

It's taken a lot shorter time for the scales to drop from my eyes regarding JDT than it did regarding Mogadon Man.

After yesterday, I now see JDT's talk of a "Project" as bullshit, designed to get him - and by extension, his mate, Gregg - a minimum of 2 - 3 years' undemanding, presumably well-paid, employment from Owners who blatantly don't give a toss about the once-proud club they own.

Masochist that I am, I'll keep my season ticket for the rest of this season but it will take a miracle for me to renew it.

I'll be like one of Al Reid's characters - for all but a few on here, he was a northern comedian "on the wireless" in the 1950s & early '60s - one of whose routines featured an irate football fan who, when asked if he was going to the match at the weekend, replied, "No. Why should I? They never came to see me when I were bad!!"

Uncle Jack must be turning in his grave at the way his legacy's been trashed.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

JDT mentioned it, were not ready to challenge for the premiership yet, lets leave him to it and bring in talent from the January and Summer transfer windows. If Rotherham can put 4 past us, think of playing United, City, Liverpool etc in the premier. By the way I thought Rotherham played well and were up for it specially ongobe pardon the spelling.I would love to see him play in a Rovers shirt. Some of our lads wandered around the pitch like they were on another planet , not fit to wear the shirt. If your chosen to play you should give it 100%. Lets just settle for winning the FA cup and finishing as high as possible in the Championship.

Not ready? So imagine if Andy Murray was in a Wimbledon semi final and said I'm going to lose this semi final because I'm not ready for the biggest moment of my career.  U take the opportunity when it arrises. Imagine Brentford or Brighton saying they weren't ready to be premiership clubs.  Now they're established outfits 

• Like 3

One of those matches that infuriates fans, eh? Crazy scoreline, they scored from pretty much everything from the get-go. Four goals from three chances? We tried in the first half but gave up way too soon in the second half. I also believe that with JRC and Ayala in the backline we cannot and should not play from the back. I think had we been more direct yesterday then we would have done better. I'd prefer us to be more forward-searching in our passes in general, most of us probably do. Oh, and Markanday deserves a start.

Just had to endure the debacle once again on the local news, it doesn’t get any better, an absolute shambles of a performance, the worst I can recall for years and that’s saying something. 

Nothing improves until the owners sod off.

Venkys out!

46 minutes ago, Gav said:

Just had to endure the debacle once again on the local news, it doesn’t get any better, an absolute shambles of a performance, the worst I can recall for years and that’s saying something. 

Nothing improves until the owners sod off.

Venkys out!

We know that demonstration won't shift them. I think the only way they'll piss off is of the club gets taken off them "oh no, out baby!") But how would that even be possible?

They smell of piss, they've got breath like a rubbish tip fire, they've got skiddies for days, and proper man boobs. And they've got pork pies where their brains should be.

It's embarrassing that they're associated with this club. It would need her enough if they cleaned the stadium toilets out, but as owners? Hell no!

2 hours ago, broadsword said:

We know that demonstration won't shift them. I think the only way they'll piss off is of the club gets taken off them "oh no, out baby!") But how would that even be possible?

They smell of piss, they've got breath like a rubbish tip fire, they've got skiddies for days, and proper man boobs. And they've got pork pies where their brains should be.

It's embarrassing that they're associated with this club. It would need her enough if they cleaned the stadium toilets out, but as owners? Hell no!

To continue, the Venky's baby analogy, neglect is the ongoing failure to meet the child's basic needs.

If only there were a football NSPCC!

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 5

Not sure what we can say about JDT...if, in the summer, anybody had suggested we'd be in the play-offs into the second half of the season then we'd have bitten their hands off. Nobody was predicting that beforehand. Poster after poster state how crappy our squad is, yet JDT has them challenging near the top. 

Objectively, he's done a great job so far. It's such a shame we also have to see us being trounced by three goals by our two local rivals and then embarrassed 4-0 by Rotherham of all teams. Life as a Rovers fan, eh? This season and last season are the best we've had under the Venky's. Doesn't feel great like it should though, eh?

Feels like we lost part of our soul when the Walker Trust sold us. 

• Like 1

We've pulled off a few wins but the team since the WC break when they had time to work with them looks like its regressed imo.

We've seen several performances that reflected that Burnley defeat after which we were told the months break would iron that out. 

That's an issue, teams don't even have to play that well to turn us over but they know we are a soft touch. One of the main problems is the soft gooey centre were the weakest link starts every game and those next to him get swapped about almost weekly.  

Then heads get scratched as to why there is no consistency but is it any real surprise ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Not sure what we can say about JDT...if, in the summer, anybody had suggested we'd be in the play-offs into the second half of the season then we'd have bitten their hands off. Nobody was predicting that beforehand. Poster after poster state how crappy our squad is, yet JDT has them challenging near the top. 

Objectively, he's done a great job so far. It's such a shame we also have to see us being trounced by three goals by our two local rivals and then embarrassed 4-0 by Rotherham of all teams. Life as a Rovers fan, eh? This season and last season are the best we've had under the Venky's. Doesn't feel great like it should though, eh?

Feels like we lost part of our soul when the Walker Trust sold us.

No; @TheRoversReturn, it certainly doesn't feel as great as it ought to feel having spent as much of this season as consistently high in the table as we have.

Part of that's probably down to how well our 6-fingered neighbours are doing and the way they had us sussed in the last game before the World Cup break, though.

As regards your final paragraph, I can't help wondering how much "due diligence" the Walker Trust did before selling us? So much water's flowed under the bridge since the I can't recall if it was ever revealed to us - the poor bloody footsoldiers who turn up week after week - whether Venky's were the only bidders for us; or whether theirs was the largest bid.

2 hours ago, R0verb0y said:

No; @TheRoversReturn, it certainly doesn't feel as great as it ought to feel having spent as much of this season as consistently high in the table as we have.

Part of that's probably down to how well our 6-fingered neighbours are doing and the way they had us sussed in the last game before the World Cup break, though.

As regards your final paragraph, I can't help wondering how much "due diligence" the Walker Trust did before selling us? So much water's flowed under the bridge since the I can't recall if it was ever revealed to us - the poor bloody footsoldiers who turn up week after week - whether Venky's were the only bidders for us; or whether theirs was the largest bid.

There may have been other bidders - who knows ? - but based on what was being reported at the time it was reasonable to regard Venkys as the best bet , given that they were a successful publicly quoted company in India. I don't think anybody could have predicted that they would take a whole series of decisions that were obviously not in their own interests, or those of the club.

As I recall, the club was up for sale for 2 to 3 years before it was sold. The only "bidders" whose names leaked in to the public domain were some alleged property magnate called Dan something who appeared to have risen without trace as nobody could find out anything about him, and another bloke who ended up being hunted by Interpol.

Well that was a real low point… 

Look, like @TheRoversReturnsaid if you had offered us this position at the start of the season we would have grabbed it with both hands.  The squad is also younger, so in theory will get better, rather than worse on and off the field.

As pretty much with every club we need a striker who can take the chances, we should have been ahead at half-time.

• Like 2