BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham United (a) - 14/1/23 k/o 12:30pm

18 minutes ago, J*B said:

And I think that’s the big decision that needs to be made. Does he try to replace one of Morton, Travis, Garrett, Wharton and Buckley with a real demon of a central midfielder or does he give them time to develop and sign a striker.

problem is will they develop? Morton won't be here next season either?

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Personally i'd have agents out and about trying to get a couple of million for Gallagher.

If replacing him is hard then football truly has gone to the dogs but if someone was looking to be smart he'd be the first one i was looking to trade.

Yep, surely we can bring a few quid in for a player who bags you more than 3 points a game when selected.

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Personally i'd have agents out and about trying to get a couple of million for Gallagher.

If replacing him is hard then football truly has gone to the dogs but if someone was looking to be smart he'd be the first one i was looking to trade.

Scores goals at championship level, defends from the front, we went to shit when he went off today, he’s the least of our problems.

Also on the subject of mentality. I know we don’t have the best squad but that’s no excuse, I bumped into Matty Jansen the year Leicester won the league and was chatting to him about it, he said the reason they’ll win the league is because of the togetherness and the fight in the team, they’re not the best team on paper but they’re working and fighting for each other as a team. He said that’s exactly what Rovers had when we won the Worthington cup, said we weren’t the best team but the group of players fought so hard for each other that it didn’t matter. 

For me that’s exactly what we are lacking, fighting mentality, squad doesn’t have to be the best In This league to go up. If JDT and his back room staff downplay promotion as much in the dressing room as they do in the media then IMO that’s exactly why we are performing the way we are because it’s not a main goal for the team players 

Edited by Crozzy
  • Like 8

17 minutes ago, booth said:

I just don't see how you can adapt with those players. Stop faffing about on the back fine, would be happy to see that but do we go more direct? If we do who scores the goals (sorry for repeating myself)? Which of our fullbacks consistently protect the box from crosses coming in?

I strongly believe we've got a squad were we have a core of 7 or 8 players we can rely on, there's a smaller group of inconsistent players like Buckley, Hedges and Dolan, and the rest are there to rotate or step in for an injury.

Kaminski
Hyam
Ayala
Brittain
Wharton
Brereton
Dack

Who else would you keep for your promotion winning eleven? It's quite damning that I wouldn't rely on any of the others.

agree with this list. 

Kaminski
Hyam
Ayala
Brittain
Wharton
Brereton
Dack

Buckley when he gets a run in he picks up consistency

sad thing is, this isnt enough. we need more depth

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Preston losing at home 0-2

There is still hope of some pleasure today.

You haven't got a Burnleh-supporting friend in New Zealand who's already let me know what is top of the agenda for our regular Sunday morning (here; evening there) WhatsApp chat!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crozzy said:

Also on the subject of mentality. I know we don’t have the best squad but that’s no excuse, I bumped into Matty Jansen the year Leicester won the league and was chatting to him about it, he said the reason they’ll win the league is because of the togetherness and the fight in the team, they’re not the best team on paper but they’re working and fighting for each other as a team. He said that’s exactly what Rovers had when we won the Worthington cup, said we weren’t the best team but the group of players fought so hard for each other that it didn’t matter. 

For me that’s exactly what we are lacking, fighting mentality, squad doesn’t have to be the best In This league to go up. If JDT and his back room staff downplay promotion as much in the dressing room as they do in the media then IMO that’s exactly why we are performing the way we are because it’s not a main goal for the team players 

There’s no fight in them. Not one player won the individual battle against his direct opponent today. Not one !

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

Scores goals at championship level, defends from the front, we went to shit when he went off today, he’s the least of our problems.

As a 5 million pound investment on probably 15 grand a week who'll probably be another leaving for nothing in a few seasons i disagree. I'd say it is a problem and one that could be solved by actually getting some money back if we can, freeing up the wages and using it wisely.

He'd be the perfect one to kick start the Brentford model if we could find someone to buy him.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Gav said:

He was shitness personified today, currently with a rating of 1.7 of the BRFCS player rating, but you keep polishing that turd Gav.

In fact watch the full game on the official site when it’s available and tell me what minute he does anything other than the absolute basic.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We're sadly at the point where Dolan and Hedges have to start every game they're fit - they're not great players, but at least they offer something. They wouldn't start for Burnley / Watford / Sheffield United et al... which is part of the problem. 

I was very impressed with Markanday today - he has to be an impact sub going forward, he ghosted past several Rotherham players today and provides something different. 

I think Hedges would feature at Burnley and he seems a very SU type of player. Dolan probably not any of the above mentioned. Markanday was very impressive, lovely touch and balance, went on some nice dribbles too. Amazed we haven't seen him earlier.

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

As a 5 million pound investment on probably 15 grand a week who'll probably be another leaving for nothing in a few seasons i disagree. I'd say it is a problem and one that could be solved by actually getting some money back if we can, freeing up the wages and using it wisely.

He'd be the perfect one to kick start the Brentford model if we could find someone to buy him.

Forget the original fee, it’s irrelevant in todays market. 

Let’s say we get £1m for Gally, do you think the current regime can replace him with a 15 goal a season man on £15k a week?

That is what you’re asking for?  We need to strengthen in other areas for me, midfield being one.

Edited by Gav

I’ve seen enough of Morton now. No doubt will have a good career but not as a battling ball winner who can protect our box that we so desperately need. I like Garrett and think he’ll make it but he shouldn’t be playing every week yet. Pickering is league one, Gallagher too can only be a signing away from oblivion. That’s Vale’s 3rd (?) league start and he’s been invisible in all of them - can’t be persevering with that. Subs bench at best.

I still remain convinced that our manager is unbending for a reason: to convince everyone above him there’s far more deadwood than they thought, skill wise and heart wise.

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, Hasta said:

He was shitness personified today, currently with a rating of 1.7 of the BRFCS player rating, but you keep polishing that turd Gav.

In fact watch the full game on the official site when it’s available and tell me what minute he does anything other than the absolute basic.

Gally looked like he’d been chosen to play in one of those ganes were a well meaning amateur gets to play in a charity match. That trap from the Dack pass - bloody hell, it was a back pass to the keeper. What do they do in training all week ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, Neilbristol said:

agree with this list. 

Kaminski
Hyam
Ayala
Brittain
Wharton
Brereton
Dack

Buckley when he gets a run in he picks up consistency

sad thing is, this isnt enough. we need more depth

Can we rely on Scott Wharton? He’s been alarmingly shit for a while now. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

This project talk is nonsense, it's like all of a sudden football has become an exact science and the likes of Phillips and Wharton will fulfil their potential, be sold for zillions and fund our promotion to the Premier League. What if they crash and burn (as has happened many times before)? Do we wait for the next cab off the Academy rank and pin our hopes on him? Football is riddled with far too many variables and you simply cannot apply normal business practices to it, it simply won't work. It's about the here and now, Rotherham today and Brstol next week. This project nonsense used as an excuse for a shocking defeat and performance today by some. Win games, get points and get promoted. This mealy mouthed bullshit from Tomasson and Broughton is driving me to despair.

The big flaw in the project is the current transfer market, and it’s not going to change any time soon.

Every footballer now basically has a set value based on their technical ability - there might as well be a big book or spreadsheet with their value next to a name. And it’s all based around how well they can do the tippy tappy shite we are trying and failing to implement.

Bidding wars are a thing of the past, players aren’t valued on how effective they are, their stats on scouting databases are what matters. And it’s one extreme or the other - they are generally massively overpriced or have next to no or no value.

Nobody will pay a decent fee for Brereton despite him being good for 20 goals because he is clumsy and far from technically good. It’s why we got a good offer for Rothwell 12 months ago, despite him being largely ineffective for huge periods of his Rovers career. It’s why Nyambe was worthless in terms of a fee. 

Of our current prospects - Travis, Garrett, S. Wharton, Vale, JRC, Carter - none will command anything over a nominal fee. Buckley, A. Wharton, Phillips, Dolan, Markanday all will to varying degrees.

With this idea of “adding value” we are trying to make too many players into something they are not, and never will be. We could pick up some really useful players on the cheap that would immediately improve our starting 11, but that doesn’t fit the project.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Gav said:

4 goals in 21 games this season. Awful link up play and a clamity at times. Our biggest problem is we cannot score goals. He is a blunt knife of a striker.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

You haven't got a Burnleh-supporting friend in New Zealand who's already let me know what is top of the agenda for our regular Sunday morning (here; evening there) WhatsApp chat!!

No worries, they only just scraped through today.

NZ ..... a Dingle .... say no more ..... But the sheep are scared.