BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (a) - 21/1/23

49 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

A useful point to pick up, when we were down to 10 men. How many red cards is that for Rovers this season. The manager wants to drill discipline into the team. Dack on the scoresheet again can only boost his confidence. We just need BBD finding the net again.

Thought the second yellow was harsh, hardly ill-discipline from Ayala.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, booth said:

He had some brilliant players but his army of referees were something else.

He was also in charge of a very large, extremely well-resourced club yet never got accused of buying the title. Fuck him and his impressive but still overblown achievements, many of which came through chicanery anyway. If he had moved around clubs a bit and succeeded repeatedly (no I don't care about Aberdeen and the mickey mouse trophy), conducted himself with a modicum of honour, and not had referees on the payroll, I might be a bit more impressed.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, ossyian said:

You don't half talk out your arse. Just on the way home from Bristol and believe me the lad Morton is utter dog shite and needs booting back to Liverpool pronto. He goes hiding when the team needs him leaving Buckley trying to do the work of 2. Mind, you don't watch football (aka Mercer)apart from TV so your skewed logic and ignorance is perhaps more understandable

What are you shitting on about? I didn't mention Morton so why are you acting like I was championing him? He can be shit too. Laughable that it's someone else's problem that Buckley is piss ..that's a new one. Buckley can't do his own work so you clearly haven't a clue, contributed nothing this season. Don't have a hissy fit at me. I don't watch football? What you on about? I go to games all the time. Only one talking out their arse is you. Enjoyed your nonsensical ramblings there though, showed your level of intelligence. 

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

He was also in charge of a very large, extremely well-resourced club yet never got accused of buying the title. Fuck him and his impressive but still overblown achievements, many of which came through chicanery anyway. If he had moved around clubs a bit and succeeded repeatedly (no I don't care about Aberdeen and the mickey mouse trophy), conducted himself with a modicum of honour, and not had referees on the payroll, I might be a bit more impressed.

The  European Cup winners cup and the European Super Cup were Mickey Mouse trophies ? I wish we’d won one of them ! The bloke was a winner . In football you need to put your prejudices to one side if the want to see the real picture.

In real time yesterday I didn't appreciate how good this goal was. The movement, accuracy of passing and finish are excellent. Great to see Morton so far advanced, we need to get him in these positions more. The finish from Dack shouldn't be understated neither. The keeper has a big part of the goal covered and Dack cleverly wrong foots him.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, arbitro said:

In real time yesterday I didn't appreciate how good this goal was. The movement, accuracy of passing and finish are excellent. Great to see Morton so far advanced, we need to get him in these positions more. The finish from Dack shouldn't be understated neither. The keeper has a big part of the goal covered and Dack cleverly wrong foots him.

That’s what’s been missing. Midfielders running beyond the strikers. Dack was smart enough to go the short side with the keeper scrambling to get across to cover the long side.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That’s what’s been missing. Midfielders running beyond the strikers. Dack was smart enough to go the short side with the keeper scrambling to get across to cover the long side.

Exactly. Bodies breaking the lines and into the opposition box is so rare. Has to be alot more of it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Butty said:

Did you watch the game? I watched the full 90 minutes on the firestick and Vale did nothing today except fail to get a hold of the ball and then when he had the ball all he did was give it away. He was absolutely shocking today. 

I don’t want to hammer him to much because he’s a young kid but he shouldn’t be playing championship football, he needs a loan to League two or the conference. 

I listened to the game on Radio Lancs with Bayes and Mark Atkins commentary team. 

I have watched the extend highlights this morning on the game on Sky Sports Football channel this morning. I usually watched the game on Sunday Morning on Rovers TV. 

14 hours ago, roversinmyblood said:

I was thinking more of an Ashley Barnes type of player. I hate him personally, but he kept both our centre backs in a permanent state of anxiety when we played Burnley. Both were occupied trying to keep him at bay (unsuccessfully) and it allowed opportunities for others. 

I think we need a striker with pace and box striker who can poach and score goals

14 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

How can you say I am being over critical without watching the game?!

He was crap again, like having 10 men even before the red card. You always evade giving a straight answer on what he brings to the team because presumably you cant think of anything but want to defend the manager.

He is slow, lazy, weak, doesnt hold the ball up, doesnt win headers, doesnt offer a goal threat, doesnt run in behind, nothing. He is a league 2 or conference standard player and in a poor league there isnt a poorer striker playing even semi regularly.

Rovers legend Mark Atkins gave his opinion on Vale performance so I will take that one thanks. 

On Vale, if you look at Rovers' goal its his movement out wide then drags Bristol City defender out wide creating the space for Morton to run in and cross for Dack to score. 

12 hours ago, booth said:

I blame Morton over Kaminski. That shot should have never happened.

It sums our players up. He does good work for our goal but then switches off at a crucial moment.

5 Rovers players should have done much better including Vale, Morton, Ayala, Kaminski and Scott Wharton. Vale should have fouled him but after that Morton is weak in the challenge and Ayala should have done better then half turned his body in trying to block the shot. Kaminski should have done better with not pushing it out to the middle of the penalty box. Scott Wharton didn't react to Kaminski mistake. Only 2 players who did which was Dack and Pickering. 

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I listened to the game on Radio Lancs with Bayes and Mark Atkins commentary team. 

I have watched the extend highlights this morning on the game on Sky Sports Football channel this morning. I usually watched the game on Sunday Morning on Rovers TV. 

I think we need a striker with pace and box striker who can poach and score goals

Rovers legend Mark Atkins gave his opinion on Vale performance so I will take that one thanks. 

On Vale, if you look at Rovers' goal its his movement out wide then drags Bristol City defender out wide creating the space for Morton to run in and cross for Dack to score. 

5 Rovers players should have done much better including Vale, Morton, Ayala, Kaminski and Scott Wharton. Vale should have fouled him but after that Morton is weak in the challenge and Ayala should have done better then half turned his body in trying to block the shot. Kaminski should have done better with not pushing it out to the middle of the penalty box. Scott Wharton didn't react to Kaminski mistake. Only 2 players who did which was Dack and Pickering. 

So fans who watch Vale every week have less opinion on someone who watches him once in a blue moon? And yes vale was non existent yesterday 

5 minutes ago, roverandout said:

And yes vale was non existent yesterday 

We don't score our goal without Jack Vale's movement dragging Atkinson to the byline, pointing inside the gap and holding position.

14 hours ago, Gav said:

His defensive qualities are arguably his best attribute, hardly misses a header when defending from a corner if you watch. But the bottom line is he’s paid to score goals and he’s doesn’t get enough, but he’s the 2nd best attacking player on the books with no signs of money to replace him. 

What? Hedges is our second best attacking player and I would say dack is better. Taking into account you said attacking player not striker

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

We don't score our goal without Jack Vale's movement dragging Atkinson to the byline, pointing inside the gap and holding position.

The only movement with Vale is his bowel movement.  And he was problem running away from the ball because its like a grenade to him

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I'm not writing him off as I think he's a golascorer, it's just at what level that will be. However, what you're praising him for in your post is what I'd expect from a striker in the West Lancs -  basic movement. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I'm not writing him off as I think he's a golascorer, it's just at what level that will be. However, what you're praising him for in your post is what I'd expect from a striker in the West Lancs -  basic movement. 

I'm not sure hes even a goal scorer.  Can't see any facet to his game that would suggest he should even be playing at professional level.  I had hoped we would have unearthed the next Simon garner but we will have to wait

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

However, what you're praising him for in your post is what I'd expect from a striker in the West Lancs -  basic movement.

Sure 😆

Look if we're going to micro analyse Jack Vale in a negative way, then I'm going to add some positive micro analysis to the debate in return. Jack Vale wasn't the problem yesterday for me, I think plenty had poorer games. And Ben Brereton Díaz seems to be getting a very easy ride for what was probably his worst performance in a Rovers shirt for a few years!

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

Can't see any facet to his game that would suggest he should even be playing at professional level.

Scores goals whenever there's a chance. Proven that in the 21's and at West Ham and Norwich. He can finish. His movement is top, he can drop in and play. He's not the finished article and he's far from a Top 6 Championship goalscorer. But I don't believe we have any better. Sam Gallagher is infuriating to watch and does much more wrong, but occasionally comes out with a Middlesbrough away performance. 

There seems to me to be a bias towards pointing negativity at our own players who we've "developed". People seem to jump to those players rather than the ones we've spent money on, or have already "made it" and I don't really get that. In my world, it should be the other way around. The heaviest criticism should come to the players who should know better, who should BE better by this stage. Sam Gallagher has probably 200 professional games to his name, it's fair to expect more of him.

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Scores goals whenever there's a chance. Proven that in the 21's and at West Ham and Norwich. He can finish. His movement is top, he can drop in and play. He's not the finished article and he's far from a Top 6 Championship goalscorer. But I don't believe we have any better. Sam Gallagher is infuriating to watch and does much more wrong, but occasionally comes out with a Middlesbrough away performance. 

Neither Gallagher or Vale are top 6 championship standard. Both lack any effort.  Both are technically poor. Both are terrible finishers.