BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (a) - 21/1/23

13 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

If you want to highlight a particular passage of play that shows this lack of quality it's in the second half when Hedges was played through on the right hand side... only he didn't have the pace to beat the CB so had to cut back inside (and wasted the chance). When your starting IF doesn't have the pace to run a CB you're in trouble. 

He's one of our best players, but only a role player in a good side imo. 

Buckley will play a couple of decent passes, break up play but then turn into a passenger for the rest of the half. And he's been that way for a long time.

Brereton has reverted to running about a lot with little end product. That miss in the first half was like going back in time. I think we've now seen the best of him before he leaves.

Morton will put himself about, get an assist but then completely shirk defensive duties leading to a goal at the other end.

Vale looked like he does in most games, not arsed. There were times he wasn't even bothering to jump or run for the ball. That's not a lack of quality, that's a lazy bastard.

I'd say a big problem with our players is they don't want to play the full 90, or the full season, and that's something that's bred during the last five years, and continued in the last 6 months. We need to kick it out.

On the other hand we're two of three good signings from making the rest of the squad look better than they are.

• Like 6

• Backroom

As others have said, two very poor teams and a draw was probably fair.

Would have been happier if our first draw had broken our streak of losing when we go a goal down, rather than winning when we go a goal up, obviously.

• Like 1

When are the cavalry going to turn up?

we can’t go on performing this poorly and not start slipping down the league ala TM. 
Our squad is too thin with little class, even TK has been poor lately. There has been no mention of the midfield player we desperately need more than any other position imho. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

That's a red card!!!

Vyner has flown in recklessly and cleaned Buckley out.

Straight red card that - you've set your stall out, ref, bloody stick by it. 

1 hour ago, booth said:

Shocking it was only a yellow.

And yet the immensely irritating Wurzels commentating on Robins TV were adamant it wasn’t even a booking 🙄

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DE. said:

As others have said, two very poor teams and a draw was probably fair.

Would have been happier if our first draw had broken our streak of losing when we go a goal down, rather than winning when we go a goal up, obviously.

Unfortunately we broke the streak of winning when we go a goal up against Sunderland. This is now I believe our third time losing points from a winning position. Losing when we go behind remains intact, in fact we've only even scored in one game from behind (Bristol at Ewood).

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BigBar said:

On a positive note. Over the moon for Dack, can't be understated what he went through, as testing as it gets, especially for someone who wasn't blessed with a natural athletes physique. Genuinely makes me happy when I see him score and do what he loves best. Congratulations Dacky👌👏

Should never ever write off a player like that whilst he's still running around.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Hasta said:

And yet the immensely irritating Wurzels commentating on Robins TV were adamant it wasn’t even a booking 🙄

Well they would, wouldn't they. It wasn't offside and they should have had two stonewall penalties if you ask them - oh and Wells 'bought the foul', but it's still a booking for Ayala apparently. 

Clowns.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Another inept performance 

Really? what are your high expectations based? 

38 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Aside from Tomasson and @chaddyrovers surely nobody rates Vale? He is absolute rubbish.

I think you yet again are being over critical of Vale. He is learning and develop. 

37 minutes ago, Doogs said:

Just don't care any longer while JDT in charge.....So bloody boring...Also the lack of ambition from the club is a crying shame...Loans and free transfers will get you out this league....Unfortunately is its down not up..

Didn't we spend money in the summer and we will continue to develop and bring through our excellent talent academy players

33 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Brereton down the middle or Dolan, in the absence of a striker so far this window and a horrendous attempt at signing one in the summer.

If I had to pick between the 2, and I agree it is a terrible choice, Gallagher would score goals in League 2/The Conference so him.

Brereton Diaz isn't a main striker. 

This may be a naïve question, and is only peripheral to today's game; but can anyone closer to being in the know than me - not difficult! - tell me the answer to the following question. (And apologies to anyone who thinks I'm too cynical!)

When we borrow a Premier League club's youngster for a season, do we have to take whichever player they're prepared to lend; or do we know enough about their youngsters to ask about borrowing a specific player?

I ask because, with the exception of the first Liverpool player we borrowed, it's felt like we've had to take whichever player they feel they can manage without for a season.

And that, for me, is a danger sign. If they feel they can manage without him, what are the chances that, more often than not, we could as well?

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think you yet again are being over critical of Vale. He is learning and develop.  

Is there one area you think he's learnt and developed in this season Chaddy?

I'm all for giving young players time and patience. 

But also, the player has to show something to warrant the continued gametime. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hasta said:

There was a brilliant moment when the lesser of said Wurzels claimed Wharton had stamped on one of their players after fouling them.

Completely ignoring the fact that Wharton was stumbling uncontrollably backwards at speed. And it wasn't even a stamp, more of a moonwalk.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Really? what are your high expectations based? 

Didn't we spend money in the summer and we will continue to develop and bring through our excellent talent academy players

Brereton Diaz isn't a main striker. 

Vale should be sent out on loan, the fact he’s starting games in the championship shows how much our squad is lacking quality, fingers crossed we can finish this window strong and push on in the summer to get this squad where it needs to be next season. 

As usual recently, today was such a poor game to watch but getting a point with 10 men you can’t grumble. We just lack quality all over the pitch. 

• Like 3

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, goozburger said:

He bundled him over after being initially out of position.

Yep, I got no argument with the red.

Sometimes you get away with them due to being so far from goal.

But can't complain when the ref shows a 2nd yellow there, player should know better when he's on a card. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cherry Blue said:

His heads elsewhere. Drop him.

Blokes just had a baby, I know when I just had my first kid I wasn’t at my A game for months. It’s not his heads not on it for transfer reasons , he’s been nothing but professional, I’m sure the lack of sleep might have something to do with it. 

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

Well part of being an outstanding manager / coach is bringing in your own players. 

It's a big window for Broughton - let's see what happens. Sir Alex Ferguson would struggle to get a tune out of this team.

Yes, an outstanding manager/coach would want to bring in his own players.

However, an outstanding manager / coach would also set the side up to get the best out of what he's already got and adapt tactics accordingly.

We are uninspiring, boring and IMO, worryingly, for the large part, don't even look interested.  Are these players even playing for JDT?

To me, today's performance only confirmed many things we already knew - Buckley is vastly over hyped and over rated, Morton couldn't direct traffic, Hedges needs to play on the left side of our team and Vale is like a little boy lost.  Kaminski now seems to have developed the yips (high on my recruitment list would be a goalkeeping coach with credibility and proven coaching ability).  Great to see Dack regularly playing again - still our best player by a country mile, let's just hope he doesn't get p1ssed off with this shambles. 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Silas said:

Is there one area you think he's learnt and developed in this season Chaddy?

I'm all for giving young players time and patience. 

But also, the player has to show something to warrant the continued gametime. 

his movement is improving and the way he took his 2 goals shows there is something there. 

Mark Atkins said today that Vale was doing a job for the team instead of being the number 9 striker 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

his movement is improving and the way he took his 2 goals shows there is something there. 

Mark Atkins said today that Vale was doing a job for the team instead of being the number 9 striker 

Sounds like he's playing in the wrong position then. But those who were watching on here have described his performance as lazy, so not sure what job he was doing for the team. Supervisor perhaps...