BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (a) - 21/1/23

Hard to get enthused after a diabolical second half against Rotherham.... humiliation so complete I think there may be quite a few changes come Saturday -  I imagine Dolan will come in, Vale dropped, can actually see Morton being benched if we are allowed to... and after really struggling to get up the pitch all game at the New York stadium I could see Ayala being rested so we can play higher up. All assuming Hyam is fit and BBD available to come back in. 

Kaminski

JRC         Hyam         S Wharton     Pickering

Buckley      A Wharton

Dolan           Dack          BBD

Gallagher

No idea the score.

Kaminski

JRC.   Ayala.  Hyam  Pickering

Travis    Buckley

Markanday.   Dack.   Dolan

BBD

Subs: Pears, Wharton, Carter, Morton, Wharton, Hedges, Gallagher.

Travis starting because Wharton and Buckley would be far too powderpuff. Morton needs dropping, Garrett isn't up to standard yet and maybe the time out the team has done him good.

• Like 2

Bristol City haven't been awarded a penalty in a very very long time... hilariously, their fans have even set up a website tracking how long it's been since their last one (https://www.bristolcitypenalty.co.uk/).

Now that it's gone viral, I wonder who will resolve that for them? Rovers of course! The gift that just keeps on giving. This I feel, is absolutely nailed on.

Nakhi Wells (it'll have to be him) will be clean through early on, before being brought down in the box... the home fans can't believe it, finally a Penalty! Wells will step up to take it, slot it and proceed to 'shush' our travelling fans.

That'll be 1-0 to them, which of course, also means 3 points for them. The match will probably finish 2-0, since Wells will then go and randomly smash one in from 30 yards or something, shushing our fans again.

We experience more heartbreak, with a hint of betrayal, as we slide down to about 8th.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Hard to get enthused after a diabolical second half against Rotherham.... humiliation so complete I think there may be quite a few changes come Saturday -  I imagine Dolan will come in, Vale dropped, can actually see Morton being benched if we are allowed to... and after really struggling to get up the pitch all game at the New York stadium I could see Ayala being rested so we can play higher up. All assuming Hyam is fit and BBD available to come back in. 

Kaminski

JRC         Hyam         S Wharton     Pickering

Buckley      A Wharton

Dolan           Dack          BBD

Gallagher

No idea the score.

Pickering’s a very lucky boy to get another game after starting the rot on Saturday. I’d have made him sit in a darkened room on his own watching their first goal over and over for a good hour in training yesterday.

If we’re going to play him and JRC we need to go to three centre halves and play them as wing backs. No way are either of them good enough defenders to play as conventional full backs.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

I would go with, three center-backs, two wing-backs, three center midfielders, and two central strikers

KAMINSKI

HYAM                             AYALA                          WHARTON

JRC                                                                                                                                                PICKERING

GARRET                         WHARTON                    BUCKLEY

MARKANDAY                   GALLAGHER   

Anyone but Gallagher for me. 

Kaminski

JRC Hyam Wharton Pickering 

Travis Buckley 

Hedges Dack Brereton 

Dolan 

I still think despite the majority preferring Travis he’s more effective generally than Garrett. 

16 minutes ago, rigger said:

I would go with, three center-backs, two wing-backs, three center midfielders, and two central strikers

KAMINSKI

HYAM                             AYALA                          WHARTON

JRC                                                                                                                                                PICKERING

GARRET                         WHARTON                    BUCKLEY

MARKANDAY                   GALLAGHER   

I think Dack has to play. He was the only one busting a gut on Saturday.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think Dack has to play. He was the only one busting a gut on Saturday.

The fact is we lost 4-0 to a poor team.

For me it is not whether Dack bust a gut or not. It is the fact that the system didn't work. So I would try a different system, rather than the same system with different players . Sadly Dack is not suited to the system I would play, that is why I would have him on the bench.

Edited by rigger

9 minutes ago, rigger said:

For me it is not whether Dack bust a gut or not. It is the fact that the system didn't work. So I would try a different system, rather than the same system with different players . Sadly Dack is not suited to the system I would play, that is why I would have him on the bench.

I was for 352 earlier in the season but think we have to commit to a system now. We can't keep flip flopping. 

We got turned over by Preston in the 352 so Im not sure going back is the answer.

I've no confidence, hope, expectation or enthusiasm for this.

After the Cardiff and Norwich wins and clean sheets I had hoped we had something to look forward to over the coming few games against poor struggling sides. The Rotherham experience and conceding 4 goals has quite understandably obliterated any hope. A real shocker by any standard.

Prior to last weekend Bristol City had gone 8 without a win at home and were in a real mess. Then they put 4 past Birmingham and will see us as a perfect opportunity to get back to back wins.

As ever it will hinge on getting the first goal. Go behind and we are done.

I would shake it up. I'd have both Whartons featuring, Scott in for Hyam who had a knock and could do with a break, Adam in preferably starting but if not coming off the bench (although not sure if he'll be fit). Travis and Buckley in and Diaz back. Garrett and Morton out.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 3

They are a side who score a lot of goals and concede a lot of goals. Got a bad feeling if we show the same lacklustre form we’ve been showing infront of goal we could get another hiding. 3-0 Bristol City. 

I hope I’m wrong!

My hope for this game is that we, at the very least compete and put a few tackles in. Get a few yellow cards too but not for technical offences, for actually smashing into a few Bristol players. In other words I want to see some commitment. Too often since the World Cup we have rolled over and allowed ourselves to be bullied and out fought, a terrible indictment on any professional sportsman. Show some pride in that famous shirt you are privileged to wear, have a go, show us you at the very least care.

And if you can't just fuck off.

• Like 5

I am very tempted to take the current odds of 16/5 on Bristol City beating us by more than one. Not because I want it to happen, but, given that they scored 4 at home last week and given that we have conceded 4 in 3 different matches (2 at home) in the last 6 matches, I see us getting a hammering yet again.

If my £50 gives me a £160 profit to take me and the Mrs out on Saturday, to dull the pain, maybe the weekend won't be fully ruined for a change.

2 hours ago, rigger said:

Maybe Dack as the central striker? No tracking back, just put the ball in the back of the net, or at the very least spare us seeing Gallagher lumbering around.

We don’t have a good record against Bristol but it’s our turn to win in our win, lose season.

• Like 1

Get in their faces be a bit more direct and aggressive with the ball and move it with purpose and aim to get it and some players in their box.  Get a goal and it's 60/40 we'll go on the win but i said exactly the same before the Rotherham game and we were a goal down before half the fans had taken their seats.

It's almost like you can script it.

So it'll either be the Norwich Rovers who turn up and win or more likely the Burnley/Reading/PNE/Rotherham version who role over after gifting the opposition a goal from some powder puff nonsense at the back. There's nothing in between with this lot so there'll be no draw nor late winner you can put your house on it.

Brizzle   3     Rovers   1

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Bristol City (a) - 21/1/23
  • Herbie6590 pinned this topic

Zero hope or optimism after the last couple.

Which means that we'll win 2-0.

I'd go with:

Kaminski

Hedges Wharton Ayala Hyam Pickering

Morton Travis Wharton

BBD Gallagher

Need to start well and not concede early, keep it 0-0 til HT maybe. Then switch to a 4-3-3, with Dack, Dolan and Markanday coming on to insert a bit of quality (Dack) and pace (the other two).

Edited by Andy
  • Like 1

I cant see any sense in Hedges at right wing back which he cannot play effectively whilst dropping Dack and not starting Markanday. Plus Wharton is injured.

Kaminski 

Rankin Costello Ayala Hyam/Wharton Pickering

Travis Buckley

Markanday Dack Dolan

Brereton

Subs: Pears, Wharton/Phillips, Carter, Morton, Szmodics, Hedges, Gallagher

7 hours ago, lraC said:

I am very tempted to take the current odds of 16/5 on Bristol City beating us by more than one. Not because I want it to happen, but, given that they scored 4 at home last week and given that we have conceded 4 in 3 different matches (2 at home) in the last 6 matches, I see us getting a hammering yet again.

If my £50 gives me a £160 profit to take me and the Mrs out on Saturday, to dull the pain, maybe the weekend won't be fully ruined for a change.

Sound logic