BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (a) - 21/1/23

We'll either win 1 nil or get twatted again 4 nil, who knows really. I'm not looking forward to it regardless and to be quite honest I'm wondering where my motivation is coming from for the remainder of the season.

Other teams fans will scratch their heads as to why fans of a team that are still (somehow) top 6 feel this way. Pretty sure the majority of us feel this way though. I guess that yeah it could be worse, for example Blackpool are tied down to Appleton on a 4 year deal and can't afford to get rid... 

West Brom, Millwall, Luton, Norwich all queued up to leapfrog us and our pathetic goal difference gives them an additional leg up.

• Like 2

Let's face it - the supercomputer said last week that we would finish 12th. The script is already written. We are going to have to eat a lot of humble pie laced with shards of glass for the remainder of this season, and Saturday will be no different than any other outing against a team with more desire, more grunt, more energy and more ideas than we have. We all know what will happen if we concede early, or indeed if we go behind in the game at all. We are a limp-wristed, soggy wheetabix bunch of amateurs, mixing it with seasoned and savvy snidey-tackling snakes.

So, BCFC 1 - BRFC 3 then 🙂 and the delusions enjoy yet another false dawn and brief resurgence..

COYB!

On 17/01/2023 at 10:26, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Pickering’s a very lucky boy to get another game after starting the rot on Saturday. I’d have made him sit in a darkened room on his own watching their first goal over and over for a good hour in training yesterday.

If we’re going to play him and JRC we need to go to three centre halves and play them as wing backs. No way are either of them good enough defenders to play as conventional full backs.

We had threadbare team against Rotherham specially in defence, when we played them earlier in the season with a full team we thrashed them 3-0. I am backing Rovers to bounce back and win 0-3.

10 hours ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Let's face it - the supercomputer said last week that we would finish 12th. The script is already written. We are going to have to eat a lot of humble pie laced with shards of glass for the remainder of this season, and Saturday will be no different than any other outing against a team with more desire, more grunt, more energy and more ideas than we have. We all know what will happen if we concede early, or indeed if we go behind in the game at all. We are a limp-wristed, soggy wheetabix bunch of amateurs, mixing it with seasoned and savvy snidey-tackling snakes.

So, BCFC 1 - BRFC 3 then 🙂 and the delusions enjoy yet another false dawn and brief resurgence..

COYB!

Why eat humble pie the 2nd half of the season, when were at full strength we can beat the best. We need to go forward and play like we know we can.

5 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

We had threadbare team against Rotherham specially in defence, when we played them earlier in the season with a full team we thrashed them 3-0. I am backing Rovers to bounce back and win 0-3.

Threadbare my arse.

On 17/01/2023 at 10:26, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Pickering’s a very lucky boy to get another game after starting the rot on Saturday. I’d have made him sit in a darkened room on his own watching their first goal over and over for a good hour in training yesterday.

If we’re going to play him and JRC we need to go to three centre halves and play them as wing backs. No way are either of them good enough defenders to play as conventional full backs.

Under Big Sam after that cock up he would get the darkened room treatment and then loaned out to Crewe or Hartlepool. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

That’s a different issue, but right back aside it ain’t far away from as good as we have.

And given the right back misses as many as he plays, its a stretch to say we are unlikely to see JRC at right back. 

8 hours ago, martonrover said:

On the flip side they will be in good spirits as they won, and also had a good win last Saturday.

Good point. Hopefully fatigue outweighs moral. Shame they are on a decent run, we generally need sides not to be of late. 

6 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Especially upfront more like.

I hope I don't have to witness Gallagher and Vale upfront together ever again.

• Like 4

On 17/01/2023 at 18:22, Ozz said:

Pauline and I are stopping over for this one if any old school members fancy a pint either before or after and pretty close to walk across to ashton gate (i live in bristol!) 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Grain+Barge/@51.4493978,-2.6123224,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x6b236930fccf58f6?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjwm6iHkNL8AhXbgVwKHf5vBaUQ_BJ6BAh9EAg

hi would be up for a pint before the game, the grange barge or rose of denmark in hotwells are good and not full of city fans

Edited by Neilbristol

12 minutes ago, Staffordshire Rover said:

I don’t like the look of this fixture at all, we need to start with real energy especially from the front so I’d play both Markanday and Dolan. This won’t happen and they will both come on with 20 mins to go when we are losing 2-0 and the game is already finished.

Please prove me wrong Rovers

I thought BCFC looked good at our place. They had a young lad named Scott who ran the show I thought. They had a very mobile front four generally with Weimann playing well too. Tricky fixture. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I thought BCFC looked good at our place. They had a young lad named Scott who ran the show I thought. They had a very mobile front four generally with Weimann playing well too. Tricky fixture. 

They looked good when they were here, they clearly wanted it more. I remember wondering why I was there when the third went in, some of the players hadn't wanted to be there since kick off it seemed.

Travis was awful at fullback after doing an okay job previously.

Carter was thrown in at CB, and was clearly not up to the standard.

Adam Wharton was knackered from the game a few days earlier.

Dack was played too far forward.

Hirst up front and despite people saying he showed "good touches", he was awful.

Needlessly tip tapping about at the back.

Then Edun came on and managed to be the worst player on the pitch for twenty odd minutes.

Notably we aren't too much better off now. At least Hirst isn't an option.

• Like 3