BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (a) - 21/1/23

6 hours ago, arbitro said:

I was buying Birmingham tickets this morning and was told that we are close to selling our allocation (about 1000 iirc) for tomorrow. It really is a source of wonderment to me sometimes how good our away support is despite horror days like Rotherham and Burnley.

It's because our fans are so shit.

Oh, wait, what?

• Like 2

‘We want to be an established Premier Club’ - GB

’We finished the last game with an average age of 23… it needs to be around 27 for stability and the best results… but we don’t have the finance and things’. - JDT.

Square that circle!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

It's because our fans are so shit.

Oh, wait, what?

In just a few mins on my twitter timeline tonight iv'e seen Wolves fans bemoaning other Wolves fans bemoaning everyone about their club.  Other Wolves fans bemoaning those fans moaning, Sheff Weds doing exactly the same and Pompey fans writing off their new manager before hes begun.

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

In just a few mins on my twitter timeline tonight iv'e seen Wolves fans bemoaning other Wolves fans bemoaning everyone about their club.  Other Wolves fans bemoaning those fans moaning, Sheff Weds doing exactly the same and Pompey fans writing off their new manager before hes begun.

thats a shocking appointment by portsmouth in all honesty,a club the size of pompey should be looking at established managers,incidentally during the graham westley era at pne i had the misfortune to attend a few games at deepdale that season and mousinho was absolutely terrible,basically a non league player in over his head,there is no way he`ll cut it at portsmouth,their fans will have him for breakfast,dinner and tea

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

thats a shocking appointment by portsmouth in all honesty,a club the size of pompey should be looking at established managers,incidentally during the graham westley era at pne i had the misfortune to attend a few games at deepdale that season and mousinho was absolutely terrible,basically a non league player in over his head,there is no way he`ll cut it at portsmouth,their fans will have him for breakfast,dinner and tea

But if that was us moaning we'd have a posse screaming unreal expectations etc

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Very evasive from JDT despite some good probing by Bayes. I bloody hope he’s doing more behind the scenes to address our inability to get back into matches.

Why don't we come back from going a goal down?

Answer to that's easy. Not enough goals.

I understand those who say we will take a drubbing, but I also acknowledge those who say Rovers sometimes obtain the unobtainable, when least expected. 

So, we have no idea what to expect. 

I am afraid based on our recent run of results, not to expect a flurry of goals by our lads. 7 goals, in 9 games. 

I do not go against us often, but I will take the hosts this time, 1-0. I hope we obtain the unobtainable. 

Tomasson trotting out the young team excuse (again) and said the average are of the team that finished at Rotherham was 23.3 years old. He didn't say that Rotherham were coasting then due to a combination of tactics, selection and lack of moral fibre. Bayes did point out the ages of at least half of the starting team but Tomassons cheesy grin appeared and he skated around it.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Not overly confident about today, especially with Hyam missing. Getting stuffed 4-0 by Rotherham was an unacceptable result, so they absolutely need to grow a pair and put in a performance.

If it’s another no show today do you think for one minute there will be any consequences ? Just business at usual on the training ground on Monday. Have them all in tomorrow for a bit of punishment training ? Why would we want them to do that. No sweat guys, just drift on to the end of the season. We’ve only just started on the “ journey “.

To the hero’s going down today. I’ve got a hammer and some nails you can borrow. Just knock the nails through the back of your hand. It’s less painful.

By the way how many “ unacceptable “ results have we had this season ?  When does “ unacceptable “ really become “ unacceptable” ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If it’s another no show today do you think for one minute there will be any consequences ? Just business at usual on the training ground on Monday. Have them all in tomorrow for a bit of punishment training ? Why would we want them to do that. No sweat guys, just drift on to the end of the season. We’ve only just started on the “ journey “.

To the hero’s going down today. I’ve got a hammer and some nails you can borrow. Just knock the nails through the back of your hand. It’s less painful.

Too cold for these soft buggers.  Get battered today.

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The fact half the squad went straight to Manchester airport from Turf Moor suggests you are right. Hopefully we can have one of our inexplicable good days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Tomasson trotting out the young team excuse (again) and said the average are of the team that finished at Rotherham was 23.3 years old. He didn't say that Rotherham were coasting then due to a combination of tactics, selection and lack of moral fibre. Bayes did point out the ages of at least half of the starting team but Tomassons cheesy grin appeared and he skated around it.

As has been stated numerous times before, the average age of the Premier League title winning side was 24. 

As you quite rightly point out, age has nothing to do with the bullshit tactics and the weekly capitulations.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

By the way how many “ unacceptable “ results have we had this season ?  When does “ unacceptable “ really become “ unacceptable” ?

No there won't be any repercussions if we put in another no show, as you've said we've had enough no shows already this season.

I live in hope that we will see a reaction but it is hope rather than expectation.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 1