BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (a) - 21/1/23

The Bristol home game for me highlighted the extreme mental fragility of this squad.

It was a home game we should have been well up for and confident in, yet were second best. Even then we managed to pull a goal back and from there you would expect any serious team at home to at least put the away side under serious pressure and really make them work to hold on to their lead. In many games you'd see the home team recover for a draw or win.

Yet within seconds of getting the goal back they went up the other and and bagged a third with their first effort.

Game over and the most comfortable win you could hope for as an away side.

• Like 2

On 18/01/2023 at 14:55, Mattyblue said:

Kaminsky, Pickering, Ayala, Hyam and JRC is a ‘threadbare’ defence?

Two wouldn't get into any other championship team so...

15 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Being average players doesn’t mean it was a ‘threadbare’ defence.

Implications of that phrase is we had hardly defenders to choose from. They are the defenders we have, mediocre players or otherwise.

May as well pop me down as a defender then too.

Posting on behalf on Matt Pollitt - please dm Matt on Facebook if you interested or text 07967142513

Bristol (a) coach seats available from the craven heifer, pole lane, Darwen. 

8am set off to thornbury for pre match drinks. 

£35 a seat

Edited by PeteJD13

I thought Adam Wharton was injured, is that wrong? 

my team is 

Kaminski 

Carter Ayala Wharton Pickering

Morton Buckley

Markanday   Dack     BBD

Dolan

Subs:- Pears, Phillips, Travis, Garrett, Hedges, Vale, Gallagher

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I thought Adam Wharton was injured, is that wrong? 

my team is 

Kaminski 

Carter Ayala Wharton Pickering

Morton Buckley

Markanday   Dack     BBD

Dolan

Subs:- Pears, Phillips, Travis, Garrett, Hedges, Vale, Gallagher

the only change i would make is travis for morton

44 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I was buying Birmingham tickets this morning and was told that we are close to selling our allocation (about 1000 iirc) for tomorrow. It really is a source of wonderment to me sometimes how good our away support is despite horror days like Rotherham and Burnley.

How are the FA Cup sales looking? I know a few are going that don't normally bother.  I wonder if Brum will sell a lot? 

10 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

How are the FA Cup sales looking? I know a few are going that don't normally bother.  I wonder if Brum will sell a lot? 

I think today was the last as to claim your seat before going on open sale. I normally find for cup games a lot of the regulars where we sit don't bother and their seats are taken by non season ticket holders. To be fair nobody can use the price as a reason for not going.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Issue with cup ties is you often get a decent enough turn out of non-ST holders, but as arbito says, a load of ST holders don’t bother so its always a low overall home crowd as a result.

And yet, I would bet that if we progress and get an away tie, season ticket holders will get a higher priority on tickets than people who have bought tickets for the Brum game. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I think they'll turn out in good numbers at 10 quid a ticket.

Strange lot Brum, anyone remember when they brought 143 for a league cup night game?

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I think they'll turn out in good numbers at 10 quid a ticket.

Strange lot Brum, anyone remember when they brought 143 for a league cup night game?

They're a rough lot if the match at Ewood is anything to go by. A bunch of toothless coked up 50-somethings with bucket hats looking for a fight. And the blokes weren't much better. 

• Like 4