BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (a) - 21/1/23

After the debacles of the last two months I was certainly happy with our commitment. We tackled, put a foot in and fouled when we had to do that (albeit elementary) pleased me. We defended well throughout as a team although some individual mistakes were made particularly Kaminski who does have these basic mistakes in him but he can also be a match winner. I would say we allowed the Bristol player far too much room to move into before getting his shot away. I thought Ayala was naive for such an experienced player by trying to get in front of the Bristol player who cleverly 'rolled' him. Overall I thought we were worth a point in a generally scrappy game and some of the positives were a couple of recently out of form players looked like some confidence had returned. And the nonsensical passing around wasn't as much in evidence today and that is fundamental to results in my view.

Wellll done to our away support again today.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Sir Alex Ferguson would struggle to get a tune out of this team.

Totally disagree. Fergie would have this squad in the top two with Burnley. The players are good enough. The back room staff + JDT aren't. End of..........

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bazza said:

Totally disagree. Fergie would have this squad in the top two with Burnley. The players are good enough. The back room staff + JDT aren't. End of..........

Have you been on the Whisky with Fergie bazza? 

It’s all about opinions, but this side is lacking quality, strength in depth and is nowhere near good enough to be top 6 let’s alone top 2.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Butterworth put in some pathetic performances last year. Nowhere near up to it. Both will end up at a similar level to Joe Nuttall in a couple of years.

Yeah I agree , butterworth is a league 2 player and nowhere near good enough for us, he’s just better than vale ever will be

2 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Yeah I agree , butterworth is a league 2 player and nowhere near good enough for us, he’s just better than vale ever will be

Butterworth looked really promising until he had that long term back injury. After that he wasn’t the same player. Having had disc trouble myself I’m not surprised.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, bazza said:

Fergie would have walked the moment Greg Broughton said "here's your number 9, George Hirst."

There's a handful of players that are good enough, a few that are decent and the rest shouldn't be playing in this league, or be bench warmers at best.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gav said:

Have you been on the Whisky with Fergie bazza? 

It’s all about opinions, but this side is lacking quality, strength in depth and is nowhere near good enough to be top 6 let’s alone top 2.

Yeah. You win nothing with kids.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bazza said:

Hahahahahahahaha, if all our players were free agents tomorrow only Dack BBD Hyam and maybe Kaminski would be picked up by a top six club. 

We’re starting games with Vale up top, he wouldn’t get into a league two team. Get a striker in and a physical presence in the middle of midfield and maybe we have a sniff of the top six, but I’m not convinced. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, booth said:

Fergie would have walked the moment Greg Broughton said "here's your number 9, George Hirst."

There's a handful of players that are good enough, a few that are decent and the rest shouldn't be playing in this league, or be bench warmers at best.

Then if we’d have convinced Fergie to come back after Hirst was recalled he’d soon be walking straight back out the door if he had to play Vale up top instead 😂😂

• Like 1

I just saw this comment on the Rochdale site. It’s from Shaun Reid who was Peter Reid’s brother and a combative midfield player for the Dale back in the day -

“ Time these players rolled up their fecking sleeves and showed some bollox. Don’t care about tactics, Don’t care about how many fecking passes. Don’t care how nice on the eye or playing the right way. Show some Desire and fight. Get together and play ugly .”

• Like 8

• Backroom
1 hour ago, booth said:

Blimey Gav, a managers dream? Great player?

I don't know how you can be so vehement about Venkys then set your sights so low. He's not good enough.

Gallagher has scored 3 league goals this season by the way. Travis is one goal away from equalling him.

If you compare it to other teams around us the difference is an extra goal from all the other contributing players, and their second top scorer having twice as many goals as Gallagher, or having almost as many as their top scorer, or joint top goalscorer.

Sheffield United are massively ahead but Burnley have three players banging them in regularly and three players chipping in with 14 goals between them. It's easy to see why they are the best team. Goals win games.

So I'd say Gallagher is a massive problem. Big wages for little return. Swap Gallagher for a good goalscorer and the future may look rosier.

On a positive note, Dack all things considered, is doing really well.

359486370_Screenshot2023-01-21at20_50_19.thumb.png.638f2b0dbfd896e77a5269d811809811.png

Captain pedantic to the rescue - he has four league goals this season!

My work here is done.

Captain pedantic - AWAY!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Fergie would take the No 9 shirt and wear it himself before he’d play either of those.

Have thought before actually that, even at his age, JDT would be better playing himself upfront over Hirst, Vale and lately Gallagher.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, frosty said:

Have thought before actually that, even at his age, JDT would be better playing himself upfront over Hirst, Vale and lately Gallagher.

i honestly think you could buy a centre forward from the conference north and they`de give you more than hirst or vale,i have never seen two centre forwards do less than those two

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's the best manager I've ever seen, which is why I used him as the example.

It is possible that he was a great manager and a twat.

To be honest a lot of the success he had was down to the fact that his team always gave 100% and always played to the whistle. 

The amount of games they won in the last ten minutes just because they never stopped was unreal. (Yes I am well aware of the 15 minutes of injury time they would get when drawing or a goal down) It was so infuriating seeing us always concede points and goals in the last ten minutes because we'd always switch off. Ferguson's teams never did that.

• Like 1

Just now, Upside Down said:

It is possible that he was a great manager and a twat.

To be honest a lot of the success he had was down to the fact that his team always gave 100% and always played to the whistle. 

The amount of games they won in the last ten minutes just because they never stopped was unreal. (Yes I am well aware of the 15 minutes of injury time they would get when drawing or a goal down) It was so infuriating seeing us always concede points and goals in the last ten minutes because we'd always switch off. Ferguson's teams never did that.

He had some brilliant players but his army of referees were something else.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, booth said:

He had some brilliant players but his army of referees were something else.

Certainly in the 2000s they won more than one league title simply because of generous refereeing decisions. 

But the point still stands that they never stopped until the final whistle went.

Edited by Upside Down