BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (a) - 28/02/23 (FA Cup 5th Round)

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Gally was superb tonight. Goes under the radar how much work he does. And SS is proving to be a shrewd purchase. Can't say I was that impressed before his spell out of the side, but like other players he's come back far better after being left out. 

That was the hardest chance of the three he had.

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Gally was superb tonight. Goes under the radar how much work he does. And SS is proving to be a shrewd purchase. Can't say I was that impressed before his spell out of the side, but like other players he's come back far better after being left out. 

To be fair I do think Gallagher's work ethic is noted... it's just that he doesn't seem to use his build to his advantage, and rarely seems to have a real striker's instinct. His barren run in front of goal before the weekend was scary. The weekend's goals seem to have boosted his confidence significantly, though, so fingers crossed he was just taken off as a precaution tonight and can continue to effectively lead the line for us. We're going to need him as there's no guarantee we'll see the best of BBD with his future still up in the air. 

• Like 1

Takes me back to the days when the Telegraph rated the players out of ten. On very, very rare occasions Thornton or Peter White would rate them all 10/10. Tonight felt like it might be another. This game will stay in the memory for a long time

One word of warning. My experience tells me don’t expect performances like tonight’s too regularly. It’s just not possible.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, den said:

Takes me back to the days when the Telegraph rated the players out of ten. On very, very rare occasions Thornton or Peter White would rate them all 10/10. Tonight felt like it might be another. This game will stay in the memory for a long time

One word of warning. My experience tells me don’t expect performances like tonight’s too regularly. It’s just not possible.

Dougie used to get half a dozen 10’s a season. Not many others did then.

• Like 2

As I said on the JDT thread, we did to them what Rotherham, Dingles and Nob End did to us. Leicester were there to be bullied. 

I hope we can keep it up. At least we're seeing them be braver on the ball now, moving it forward, Dolan and JRC give us that outlet, with Travis playing his socks off, needs a partner though.

Something has happened, it's either confidence from a good run or just some team spirit starting to cement itself, and a belief in JDT's system finally. I was angry that he fit the system to the players regardless of their quality, but he's showing that with the right talent in there it can work.

Summer: Get. him. backed.

And...Hedges in for shooting practice at 7am. Come on Ryan lad!

Congrats to the fans that made it down, class everyone of them, gutted I couldn't go. 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, superniko said:

Pears 10 
JRC 10 
Hyam 10 
Carter 10 
Pickering 10 
Travis 10 
Morton 10 (until his last 15 mins) 
Sammie Boy 10 
Hedges 10 
Dolan 11 
Gallagher 10

Honestly the best I’ve felt in a ground since the Doncaster match. 1st 20 minutes of the 2nd half we were unreal, best I’ve seen us play for a long time.

The 3 hour drive starts here, luckily I’m not driving it and I have a 4 pack!

I’ll add a real review now I’m a beer in on the M6….

Can’t really fault anyone. I thought Morton was potentially the weakest link but Trav was phenomenal next to him. The crowd were singing for Buckley so everyone started to see it.
When Hedges missed the sitter I thought that was it and we’ll rue the missed the chances (I assume it was as bad on tv angle as it was where we were stood)

I honestly can’t pick stand outs but I’ll go with Dolan and Szmodics. Hats off to JDT he set us up perfectly and it was one of the first times I started to see this ‘high press’. Would have liked to hear a few more JDTs blue and white army based on that  

Best thing….I had a decent lump on Rovers at 10/1ish on Betfair Exchange….tried getting online to hedge at 1-0 and again at 2-0 but no signal in the ground! Saved me wasting any money and keep the full winnings!

It’ll pay for my flights back over on Paddys weekend for the next round!

Edit: no idea why that photo went in upside down

Edited by superniko
  • Like 5

Just now, roverandout said:

He has such confidence in the youngsters.  Throwing on a 17  year old novice In a huge fa cup tie with our backs against the wall. These games will hold the kids in good stead

He didn't have a choice though. Why didn't he play the Whartons against the Dingles? Trying to protect them? Too soon?

But yeah it's impressive, what an experience for Phillips and JDT obviously trusts him. Just rather BBC didn't broadcast our youth talent to the world 🤫

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

He's a weird player. I've seen many shit strikers play for Rovers over the years, but I've not seen many anonymous ones. Most of the time you just don't even notice he's on the pitch. That's probably worse than getting in good positions but not being able to finish. On the other hand it leaves me feeling like I don't really know anything about him, and that for all I know he's a surge in form away from being an asset. Not worth persisting with for me though, would rather see Leonard (even if I understand the logic of playing the more experienced player with little time left and only a goal up against a Prem side).

It would be nice if Vale showed even a modicum of effort. You don't become a good player by just ambling around as he does.

• Like 5