BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FAC Q/F v Sheffield United (a) - 19/3/23, 12pm K/O

1 minute ago, superniko said:

Holy shit - rewatching the match on a recording. Did McCoist really say all that nonsense for the penalty. What on earth is he on about the senile muppet. Only explanation is that he had no replays to watch. These guys get paid for this commentary / punditry. 

I said pen right away and I was watching on TV. I couldn’t believe the shit McCoist came out with. In todays football it was a pen all day long.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’d like to know why in one game a handball is a pen and a yellow card and in another game a handball is a pen and a red card ? Maybe Arbitro can help us.

It confused me right away when he got a yellow. I don't know the letter of the law on it, especially these days, but for me it makes sense that although the player didn't intentionally handball it, the shot was going in the net, so the penalty makes sense. If you think it's deliberate, you definitely send him off I would think. If you don't, but it needs to be given because his hand stopped a nearly certain goal and the rest of his body wasn't going to, you give the penalty but no card.

Not the first time I've seen a yellow given for handball though, but I'm sure they ruled years ago that a deliberate handball is an immediate red. I think refs just bottle it, especially if they've already given a penalty, because handball intent can be hard to discern in real time, so they take a 'safe' middle option. Of course, this ref had the benefit of VAR.

Personally I don't think he meant to handle it, and his arm was in a natural position for trying to get the block in.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Underground, Roverground said:

I refuse to criticise JDT. His coaching is much of the reason why we were both at this stage, and competitive on it. Sure the substitutions didn’t work, but at the time they seemed sensible and he’d have been getting criticism had we not made subs and still conceded. 

I won't criticise JDT in general for it, but I do think the subs were a mistake. Not in terms of freshening up personnel, or who came on, more that it seemed to be going fine and I didn't see any need to change formation. I said at the time it seemed a risk to me. But he has shown this season he is a much better manager than his predecessor, who never got out of the starting blocks in this competition for us in 5 years.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

It confused me right away when he got a yellow. I don't know the letter of the law on it, especially these days, but for me it makes sense that although the player didn't intentionally handball it, the shot was going in the net, so the penalty makes sense. If you think it's deliberate, you definitely send him off I would think. If you don't, but it needs to be given because his hand stopped a nearly certain goal and the rest of his body wasn't going to, you give the penalty but no card.

Not the first time I've seen a yellow given for handball though, but I'm sure they ruled years ago that a deliberate handball is an immediate red. I think refs just bottle it, especially if they've already given a penalty, because handball intent can be hard to discern in real time, so they take a 'safe' middle option. Of course, this ref had the benefit of VAR.

Personally I don't think he meant to handle it, and his arm was in a natural position for trying to get the block in.

Unlike Willian who looked like he deliberately handled is the only explanation for giving a red ot yellow but its all interpretation.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, superniko said:

Holy shit - rewatching the match on a recording. Did McCoist really say all that nonsense for the penalty. What on earth is he on about the senile muppet. Only explanation is that he had no replays to watch. These guys get paid for this commentary / punditry. 

McCoist was still better than the co commentator on ITV for scum v Fulham.

Recognised the voice, forget the name.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

No he isn't. Gallagher creates the impression of doing something. but at the end of the day he can't be arsed getting into the correct positions from which he is likely to score.

I think you are being a little harsh - I just don't think he has a goal scorers instinct (like Dack).

A Wembley FA Cup appearance (even if it was a semi-final) for the famous blue and white halves is something I'd love to see in my few remaining years and to get so close is hard to take. While not quite reaching the heights of the Leicester tie Rovers put in a excellent performance and the players can hold their heads high. Lady luck did not smile on us today.

This time next year, we'll be at Wembley, Rodney. Let's hope so. The sands of time are running out

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

This is the relevant part of the law:

Where a player denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by a handball offence, the player is sent off wherever the offence occurs (except a goalkeeper within their penalty area).

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

Sudden increase in member registrations — likely Sheff United fans. Standby on the report buttons incase!

We was tha better team than sens. Tha's not wilcome in yarkshire in't future.  Got me whippets and pint o' best bitter ready

proud of rovers today,we were fantastic,i did think  going to a back 5 was a mistake but then again we should have been out of sight by then,hedges hitting the post was unlucky but gallagher not anticipating the cross is an illustration of why we need a goalscoring centre forward,he`s a willing worker but is never going to get you 15-20 goals a season

at least we are spared getting a***e raped by man city on a big wide wembley pitch and no surprise the manchester clubs were kept apart🤔

Just now, wilsdenrover said:

Or just don’t let them on - if they want to be constructive they’d be happy to wait a few days

We’ve no way of working out whether they’re rovers fans, well meaning Sheff Utd fans or trolls. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I think you are being a little harsh - I just don't think he has a goal scorers instinct (like Dack).

Look at some of our (excellent) crosses today. Even an average finisher would have been on the end of at least 2 of them. Gallagher just doesn't have that ability. He's been playing quite well of late by his standards but the bottom line if we are going to get anywhere is that he needs to be replaced

• Like 8

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

proud of rovers today,we were fantastic,i did think  going to a back 5 was a mistake but then again we should have been out of sight by then,hedges hitting the post was unlucky but gallagher not anticipating the cross is an illustration of why we need a goalscoring centre forward,he`s a willing worker but is never going to get you 15-20 goals a season

at least we are spared getting a***e raped by man city on a big wide wembley pitch and no surprise the manchester clubs were kept apart🤔

I’m not sure Utd will beat Brighton.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

A Wembley FA Cup appearance (even if it was a semi-final) for the famous blue and white halves is something I'd love to see in my few remaining years and to get so close is hard to take. While not quite reaching the heights of the Leicester tie Rovers put in a excellent performance and the players can hold their heads high. Lady luck did not smile on us today.

This time next year, we'll be at Wembley, Rodney. Let's hope so. The sands of time are running out

We'll be at Wembley this season, in the play-offs

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Play offs coming up Jim. We might make it yet.