BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FAC Q/F v Sheffield United (a) - 19/3/23, 12pm K/O

Massive game.

One win from our 1st visit to the new Wembley. 

Tickets on sale on Wednesday.

The footballing authorities have made it more difficult for 5000 Rovers' fans to get there, but the club have made a generous offer of discounted coach travel, se be there we will!

Was it March '93 that a young Jason Wilcox was selected to take the 1st penalty in the shoot out following a 2 - 2 draw at Brammall Lane in the cup quarter final? Took me years to get over that decision, in fact I'm still not over it 🤣

• Like 3

• garnersfags changed the title to FA CUP QUARTER FINAL - Sheffield United, Bramall Lane - Sun 19 March 12 Noon
1 hour ago, garnersfags said:

Massive game.

One win from our 1st visit to the new Wembley. 

Tickets on sale on Wednesday.

The footballing authorities have made it more difficult for 5000 Rovers' fans to get there, but the club have made a generous offer of discounted coach travel, se be there we will!

Was it March '93 that a young Jason Wilcox was selected to take the 1st penalty in the shoot out following a 2 - 2 draw at Brammall Lane in the cup quarter final? Took me years to get over that decision, in fact I'm still not over it 🤣

Makes me feel old, I was there.

2 hours ago, ElTwis said:

Considering taking my 8yo to his first away game for this, just hoping tickets make it to general sale

They will defiantly go on general sale. I’d be amazed if we sell out to be honest…despite the size of the game. It’s on ITV, early kick off and still £35.00 without food & drink.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

I wouldn't be so sure. Every Tom, Dick and Harry I know wants to go. There's 22 of us going in total, a good number of which hardly go away, not since the 90's. We've only just got over 4500 tickets and after speaking to the ticket office today they aren't getting any more when they have gone.

Well, I'm one who won't be going.

The game's on Free-to-air TV coming from a ground with I first visited when I saw us lose 5-0 in the 1970-71 season at the end of which we were relegated to Division 3 for the first time.

I've seen a few games there ‐ most, if not all, defeats - since.

So I don't want to be a Jonah.

2 hours ago, Will said:

I wouldn't be so sure. Every Tom, Dick and Harry I know wants to go. There's 22 of us going in total, a good number of which hardly go away, not since the 90's. We've only just got over 4500 tickets and after speaking to the ticket office today they aren't getting any more when they have gone.

Good evening my friend, hope you and the family are keeping well.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

This will sell out, but not until general sale.

Wouldn't be surprised if the lower tier sells out tomorrow as they've already opened 3 out of the 4 sections available in there.

Sales will slow over the weekend as there's not many new people who qualify in phases 3 and 4, then it'll be the inevitable rush when it's reaches general sale on Monday.

56 minutes ago, Gav said:

Good evening my friend, hope you and the family are keeping well.

Alright Gav, it’s been a while, all good here and like wise for you and yours. Good to see you’re still posting on here, I keep on eye on things every now and then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, R0verb0y said:

Well, I'm one who won't be going.

The game's on Free-to-air TV coming from a ground with I first visited when I saw us lose 5-0 in the 1970-71 season at the end of which we were relegated to Division 3 for the first time.

I've seen a few games there ‐ most, if not all, defeats - since.

So I don't want to be a Jonah.

We haven’t won many there in my time so now is a good time to start putting things right. My first every game at Ewood was against these, we lost 2-1.

• Herbie6590 changed the title to FA CUP QUARTER FINAL v Sheffield United (a) - 19/3/23, 12pm K/O

Just purchased my tickets online, looks like they’ve managed to sell out seven coaches so far. Hopefully we can sell out our allocation and have the same atmosphere as Leicester away. 

Edited by BRFC_Polky
  • Like 1

Online sales suggest still selling in the lower tier, which will be filled before they open the upper tier sales, so a good chunk of the allocation still available.

This is annoying, as the lower tier offers a quite terrible view of the action whereas the upper tier is better. Once again those regulars who get their tickets first and are 1875 members will be allocated the worst seats.

Very excited for this one. Toying with the idea of official travel, but if anyone has any alternative coaches running then please drop me a message and I'll speak to the people I'm attending with to see what they fancy. 

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Online sales suggest still selling in the lower tier, which will be filled before they open the upper tier sales, so a good chunk of the allocation still available.

This is annoying, as the lower tier offers a quite terrible view of the action whereas the upper tier is better. Once again those regulars who get their tickets first and are 1875 members will be allocated the worst seats.

If you don't want the lower tier, wait to buy your ticket until the upper tier is on sale. Because you can buy a ticket at a set date, doesn't mean you have to.

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

If you don't want the lower tier, wait to buy your ticket until the upper tier is on sale. Because you can buy a ticket at a set date, doesn't mean you have to.

I know that, but it puts me in a position of unnecessary risk, because I will have to wait and time my purchase to when they get around to selling the upper tier, they won't announce this so will have to rely on word of mouth and the risk is that once they are on open rather than restricted sale they will get snapped up quickly.

My view is that ST holders and 1875 members should get allocated best seats first, but more often than not they get allocated the worst down in a corner somewhere because it makes it easier or preferable for the Clubs to do it that way.

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

I know that, but it puts me in a position of unnecessary risk, because I will have to wait and time my purchase to when they get around to selling the upper tier, they won't announce this so will have to rely on word of mouth and the risk is that once they are on open rather than restricted sale they will get snapped up quickly.

My view is that ST holders and 1875 members should get allocated best seats first, but more often than not they get allocated the worst down in a corner somewhere because it makes it easier or preferable for the Clubs to do it that way.

See, my view is that in the FA cup, people with a history of buying previous cup tickets, should have priority.

1 hour ago, smiller14 said:

Very excited for this one. Toying with the idea of official travel, but if anyone has any alternative coaches running then please drop me a message and I'll speak to the people I'm attending with to see what they fancy. 

Very thin on the ground coaches we found with our usual companies, not sure if Rovers themselves have snapped some additional ones up? 

We've ended up going down the official route, not done this for many a year apart from the mandatory dingle travel so it'll be an experience.....

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I tried to book a ticket about an hour ago but couldn’t as I didn’t have my full credit card details with me then. Ivey just tried again and there are none. Maybe the bottom tier is now sold out?

All the blocks this morning were BL1, BL2 and BL3.

They are now onto block BU so presume it's upper.

BLane.jpeg

Edited by Hasta