BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FAC Q/F v Sheffield United (a) - 19/3/23, 12pm K/O

28 minutes ago, Ben-2000 said:

With the amount of tickets sold so far & general sale coming up on Monday surely the club will be asking for the additional allocation Spurs got to take it up to 6,000?

Doesn't look like it according to the below.

21 hours ago, Will said:

I wouldn't be so sure. Every Tom, Dick and Harry I know wants to go. There's 22 of us going in total, a good number of which hardly go away, not since the 90's. We've only just got over 4500 tickets and after speaking to the ticket office today they aren't getting any more when they have gone.

Two questions - 

1) How would it even work if I had someone else’s season ticket number? Can I just input it online or something? Or would I need someone to buy it for me under their name?

&

2) Anyone got a couple of season ticket numbers? 😅

39 minutes ago, SBlue said:

Two questions - 

1) How would it even work if I had someone else’s season ticket number? Can I just input it online or something? Or would I need someone to buy it for me under their name?

&

2) Anyone got a couple of season ticket numbers? 😅

If you got one you could ring up and quote the season ticket number and name and collect a ticket. You'll struggle online I think.

• Like 1

Still hopeful it goes to general sale as I’m planning to fly over for this to keep the 100% FA cup attendance going.

Friday and Saturday is just Half Season Tickets and 1875 members so shouldn’t make too much difference, but it sounds like we’re about 2/3rds sold now  

Didn’t sound like the option to increase to the Spurs allocation was available earlier in the week which seems odd if that is the whole stand. 

image.png.9e9560ff844829146f8ff0f8280bcd11.png

A little digging on the Sheffield United site has the Bramall Lane Corner Upper Tier locked (same as the Away End next to it).

Looks like this is where the additional allocation came for Spurs, so we may have the option to take it.

It’s quite likely that Sheffield United will only release extra tickets if Rovers agree to pay for them all, which obviously puts the financial risk on Rovers if they don’t sell them. So it may depend on how quickly the rest of the first batch sell out.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, superniko said:

image.png.9e9560ff844829146f8ff0f8280bcd11.png

A little digging on the Sheffield United site has the Bramall Lane Corner Upper Tier locked (same as the Away End next to it).

Looks like this is where the additional allocation came for Spurs, so we may have the option to take it.

They can't allocate that corner to home fans, as it shares the same concourse and turnstiles as the away end.

So they either need to leave it empty or let Rovers use it.

I imagine part of it will need to be used as a buffer zone but can't see any harm to them of releasing the rest if we need them.

Part of BU3 isn't within the current allocation either, so surely scope to give us at least an extra block or two.

Rovers should be asking now though, not waiting until early next week so that there's enough time for delivery & sales. There's no doubt the current allocation will sell out.

They're now on BU2.

I don't understand why Rovers don't stagger it more so there isn't this mad rush?

They must roughly know how many are each category. So why not allocate on successive days?

S/T with 1875 membership

S/T holders with 2 away days, then 1, then open to S/T holders 

Per the rest of their schedule. 

After all there are still 10 days to the game.

Instead, unsurprisingly, when it became open to the vast majority of fans on 1 day ie S/T holders  (thurs), it was chaos.

Edited by BRFC4EVA

3 hours ago, only2garners said:

It’s quite likely that Sheffield United will only release extra tickets if Rovers agree to pay for them all, which obviously puts the financial risk on Rovers if they don’t sell them. So it may depend on how quickly the rest of the first batch sell out.

I assumed clubs could return unsold tickets. Is that wrong?

10 hours ago, 47er said:

I assumed clubs could return unsold tickets. Is that wrong?

Yeah, because there you can't segregate that stand Rovers will have to commit to paying for them all, so any that get sent back unsold means the club will be out of pocket.

You will often get a minimal allocation that you can return, but additional you need to pay for up front. Prime example being JW taking the smaller one for Celtic as he didn’t want to risk not selling out the larger one (and thousands ergo missed out).

• Backroom
53 minutes ago, oneandycrawford said:

I still replay that miss in my head whenever FA Cup semi-finals are talked about.

Not only that, the header goes in from where I was sat but it carried on through the net, not ruffling it in the slightest...

*sigh

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oneandycrawford said:

I still replay that miss in my head whenever FA Cup semi-finals are talked about.

I was side on level with the pen area and to this day can't believe mgp missed that header from a perfect cross into a vacated gaping goal.

He must have had his mind on what sort of celebration to do after scoring ..... and forgot that he has to friggin score first.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I was side on level with the pen area and to this day can't believe mgp missed that header from a perfect cross into a vacated gaping goal.

He must have had his mind on what sort of celebration to do after scoring ..... and forgot that he has to friggin score first.

I was right behind where he headed the ball to only higher up. Harder to miss than it was to hit the target.

• Like 3