BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FAC Q/F v Sheffield United (a) - 19/3/23, 12pm K/O

7 hours ago, roverandout said:

I was right at the side of the goal. Miserable drive home

That moment and the whole of the playoff game at Palace are the match moments that still haunt me.

By coincidence I came across a full copy of the playoff game on YouTube very recently. I'll watch it when I feel the need for self harm.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

That moment and the whole of the playoff game at Palace are the match moments that still haunt me.

By coincidence I can across a full copy of the playoff game on YouTube very recently. I'll watch it when I feel the need for self harm.

By a country mile the worst day I've ever had watching Rovers Asia, absolutely devastated and its a bloody long way home from Croydon after that. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

By a country mile the worst day I've ever had watching Rovers Asia, absolutely devastated and its a bloody long way home from Croydon after that. 

Same for me. At the time thinking we might never get another chance of getting to the top flight. Then got back to the car and had a parking ticket!! I disliked Sarf London before then - hated it even more ever since!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gav said:

I was based in Haywards Heath then so went south on a train full of Palace fans. Hell would have been nicer.

I had got a ticket from a work colleague who was Palace so was sat amongst Palace and gave it away when I berated Windy for blasting a good chance high. A steward came to my rescue with the sound advice to just reign it in.

Leaving the ground, tearing up the programme and jumping on the pieces brought some odd stares though.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Bristol Rovers away was by far and away the worst feeling ever!

Never felt quite the same for me as Palace. Maybe because I wasn't there (was at Preston hoping they'd do us a favour). Also wasn't in our own hands - we did all we could on the day. Well except win by about 9 goals!!

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Bristol Rovers away was by far and away the worst feeling ever!

We won - a nice Stonehouse goal - but I have never seen so many grown men crying at the end of a game, even on the train back to London. 

And that crush getting out was scary too.

Just bought ours, upper tier centre.

If we get the same application as we did in the league game at Ewood we'll be going to Wembley.

Never seen us at the new Wembley, but many of us were fortunate enough to see us at the old Wembley several times, great days out.

Edited by Gav

3 hours ago, renrag said:

Yeah but they’d get 45% of that back as their share of the gate

Oh yeah I more meant why would they not do it as even if we sold 0 of them it’d still be just a few thousand pounds cost to Rovers. 
I’d imagine it’s just the case that we won’t get any more as SU don’t want to give us any more 

We need to focus on the league on Weds then take that into Sunday.

Just like last season though after a few intense performances the team looks ready for the beach, JDT really needs to find some magic formula again in the next 8 days.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, norwichblue said:

Terrible results this weekend for our Championship Play Off hopes, but at least Sheffield seem to be wobbling somewhat. 2 defeats in 3.

I watched the second half of their game v Luton. Slow and ponderous in building attacks, Norwood invisible and had forgotten how to take free kicks. Billy Sharp still a thug, but nowt else. There are a nervous team worried about their automatic promotion place. Good time to play them in a Cup game, IF we turn up with our A game.

• Like 2

They've got Mowbrays boys away on Wednesday, a lot tougher game than ours on paper. I don't want to tempt fate but Reading haven't won away since November. We need to go into this one on a high.

The blades fans aren't a happy bunch at all, calling for the managers head. A loss on Wednesday for them would be ideal....

• Herbie6590 changed the title to FA Cup Q/F v Sheffield United (a) - 19/3/23, 12pm K/O
3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I watched the second half of their game v Luton. Slow and ponderous in building attacks, Norwood invisible and had forgotten how to take free kicks. Billy Sharp still a thug, but nowt else. There are a nervous team worried about their automatic promotion place. Good time to play them in a Cup game, IF we turn up with our A game.

Plenty of them in that team Asia,

I remember one of them going right through Khedra? at Bramall Lane last season, 2 footed and he was rightly sent off, could have been more from that lot. They were no better last week, when they realised the game was up they started kicking us, how Basham stayed on is still a mystery to me, dirty bastards. 

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Plenty of them in that team Asia,

I remember one of them going right through Khedra? at Bramall Lane last season, 2 footed and he was rightly sent off, could have been more from that lot. They were no better last week, when they realised the game was up they started kicking us, how Basham stayed on is still a mystery to me, dirty bastards. 

They have been a team of bullies ever since Wilder took them up the leagues. He quickly realised that was the quickest way. What's his name, Higginbum, just carries it on. They have a couple of normals, the rest are gbh merchants.

Bashams first lunge last week was a red by itself.

They bully Refs, which they did with Basham, who chicken out or are simply shite.

Anyway what a fu of a weekend, Rovers, England RU and England T20 ....

• Like 2