BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FAC Q/F v Sheffield United (a) - 19/3/23, 12pm K/O

Wrong how? I said they should’ve put the request in last week as they were flying out the door, A fair opinion. I also said ‘all’s well that ends well’.

And as for ‘wrong again’ glass houses and all that..

Edited by Mattyblue

41 minutes ago, arbitro said:

If there is any justice Sharp will be given a retrospective three match ban for this act of violence but the fact the referee appears to have seen it might be the loophole.

Play him for me. Getting on now and think McBurnie gives us more problems.

There. I've jinxed it.

2 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Any word on how sales are in the home ends?  I get the impression they aren't quite as up for it as we are, partly because their league form has faltered a bit........

I looked last week when I wondered if we’d get the extra allocation and there was a lot of empties. 
Cup games at home often sell closer to the date so it will build up, but not sure they’ll fly off the shelf like against Spurs, especially at £25 to a team you’ve played twice already this season (and the last X years)

https://abs-0.twimg.com/emoji/v2/svg/1f6d1.svg Our additional allocation for the upcoming #EmiratesFACup quarter-final has now 𝗦𝗢𝗟𝗗 𝗢𝗨𝗧! 5,700 #Rovers fans will be cheering on the boys at Bramall Lane on Sunday. A phenomenal effort! https://abs-0.twimg.com/emoji/v2/svg/1f44f.svg
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, superniko said:

I looked last week when I wondered if we’d get the extra allocation and there was a lot of empties. 
Cup games at home often sell closer to the date so it will build up, but not sure they’ll fly off the shelf like against Spurs, especially at £25 to a team you’ve played twice already this season (and the last X years)

image.thumb.png.d261abfb531a9665b87e2e0e325621b1.png

Only 6 of the unsold blocks are limited availability. I'm sure they'll sell more this week, but that's rather poor.

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

Almost as though it is possible with a small squad to push for promotion and take the cups seriously at the same time despite being told for years that it must be one or the other.

We have frequently rotated in the cups though. That's not the usual definition of taking it seriously. The main difference has been the players coming in have been hungry to prove themselves, and the manager isn't a fuckwit.

• Like 1

The appointed referee for this match is Tim Robinson who interestingly had us in the last round at Leicester where I thought he had a decent match. Perhaps even more interestingly there WILL be VAR. I can only assume it's being used as Sheffield have the set up from their PL days. That then begs the question why they didn't have it in the last round against Spurs or Burnley didn't have it against Fleetwood.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Wrong how? I said they should’ve put the request in last week as they were flying out the door, A fair opinion. I also said ‘all’s well that ends well’.

And as for ‘wrong again’ glass houses and all that..

Surely they did have the request in last week to be able to have them at the ticket office today to sell?

Or did they send them anyway in case we did ask the question. Either way I'm sure the club knew by last week that they'd have the extra allocation to sell but just didn't publicise it.

3 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

I find it so amusing when it’s all the clubs fault and absolute no blame is apportioned to the supporter who has failed to plan since we best Leicester in the last round 😅

Heaven forbid someone criticises an "incompetent maggott" as you described him not long ago.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Lots of the usual "where are these people at (insert random game)" comments on social media. Do some prefer smaller crowds?

It takes all sorts, mate of mine hates big crowds especially at Ewood.

"I can't park, I can't get a pint or a pie, getting home is a bloody nightmare too"

Blackburn folk eh 🤣

Tremendous effort from the fans, its just goes to show what is possible. If the club is put back into decent ownership the fans will return, no doubt about that. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

The appointed referee for this match is Tim Robinson who interestingly had us in the last round at Leicester where I thought he had a decent match. Perhaps even more interestingly there WILL be VAR. I can only assume it's being used as Sheffield have the set up from their PL days. That then begs the question why they didn't have it in the last round against Spurs or Burnley didn't have it against Fleetwood.

Just looked this up on the net,apparently all ties from the QF onwards get VAR,it came into effect last season.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Just looked this up on the net,apparently all ties from the QF onwards get VAR,it came into effect last season.

I can see that being a problem if you ever got a home tie for a League Two side or something in the QF.

38 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Lots of the usual "where are these people at (insert random game)" comments on social media. Do some prefer smaller crowds?

Considering over 4,000 were sold before general sale, at Ewood for said random game would be the answer…

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Derby Blue said:

Surely they did have the request in last week to be able to have them at the ticket office today to sell?

Or did they send them anyway in case we did ask the question. Either way I'm sure the club knew by last week that they'd have the extra allocation to sell but just didn't publicise it.

Rovers asked for the extra 1,000 tickets this morning. They were printed in Sheffield and brought over. They arrived at 2.05, on sale at 2.30 and sold out by 4.30.

There is an outside chance of a few more tickets being made available.

• Like 1