BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FAC Q/F v Sheffield United (a) - 19/3/23, 12pm K/O

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I thought he did his best work between and in front of the sticks 😉

Haha - had to go in and edit that! Suppose keepers start ‘behind’ these days to make sure they’re not off the line for the kick (let me get away with it!)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bboy said:

Theoretical question.

Would you rather finish 7th and make the semi final ( no guarantee how we progress after) 

Finish 6th and lose Sunday. (No guarantee how we perform in playoffs.)

In this theoretical It's tough. If you guaranteed we'd finish 4th or 5th and not have to face boro and Stoke I'd take playoffs because then I think we'd have a great chance against whoever else. 

I think Wembley for a playoff final would trump a nice day out at Wembley to get beat by city or united.

Saying that there's obviously no reason we can't do both.

Feels to me like we will do well to get a result out of this one. Sheffield Utd are a good side, will have looked back at how we beat them, and set themselves well up. They've got the pace and athleticism to hurt us on the break out wide.

Would love a win, we've got a good chance, but just feel that Sheffield Utd will adapt and make it very difficult for us.

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

So frustrating that after this game, rather than more club football there is an international break that nobody cares about with Southgate trotting out the likes of Maguire, Dier, Phillips, Gallagher and Mount regardless of club form/appearances.

Or in Maguire's case, lack of them?!

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

So frustrating that after this game, rather than more club football there is an international break that nobody cares about with Southgate trotting out the likes of Maguire, Dier, Phillips, Gallagher and Mount regardless of club form/appearances.

The fixture congestion is causes is ridiculous.

The season has already been disrupted due to a Winter World Cup but now we have. 2 games a week for the rest of the season.

Those with the stronger squads benefit massively from that.

Just hope that, given our opponents' reputation, we've got a good, strict-but-fair Referee on Sunday, given our opponents' reputation.

Also a silent prayer of thanks that it's Sheffield Utd's away stand our fans'll be in. From recent reports, not a lot's been done to Hillsborough in the last 34 years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, R0verb0y said:

Just hope that, given our opponents' reputation, we've got a good, strict-but-fair Referee on Sunday, given our opponents' reputation.

Also a silent prayer of thanks that it's Sheffield Utd's away stand our fans'll be in. From recent reports, not a lot's been done to Hillsborough in the last 34 years.

I think it's the same referee that we had at Leicester. I don't think he's reffed a Sheffield United game yet. So maybe he's on first term names with some of our players. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bboy said:

Theoretical question.

Would you rather finish 7th and make the semi final ( no guarantee how we progress after) 

I think I would be very tempted to take the semi final. In theory, we would also be one win from being in Europe too!

Football is about memories and moments, not balance sheets.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Feels to me like we will do well to get a result out of this one. Sheffield Utd are a good side, will have looked back at how we beat them, and set themselves well up. They've got the pace and athleticism to hurt us on the break out wide.

Would love a win, we've got a good chance, but just feel that Sheffield Utd will adapt and make it very difficult for us.

Let’s not give them too much credit here. They were well beaten at ours a couple of weeks ago.

Their manager is a jumped up wannabe hard man PASHUN merchant. “Play like a non-league side and give the ball to Ndiaye/Berge” seems to be the extent of his tactical prowess. Certainly not expecting him to totally outfox JDT or have us worked out.

We just have nothing to fear. Play to the best of our ability, with a loud away end behind us, and all the pressure on them…

We really have a great chance.

Incoming 5-0 Blades 😅

• Like 5

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think I would be very tempted to take the semi final. In theory, we would also be one win from being in Europe too!

We’d need to win the cup to get into Europe. If the team who wins the cup are already in Europe, the place goes to the next available team in the PL.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I care

6 hours ago, SBlue said:

Let’s not give them too much credit here. They were well beaten at ours a couple of weeks ago.

Their manager is a jumped up wannabe hard man PASHUN merchant. “Play like a non-league side and give the ball to Ndiaye/Berge” seems to be the extent of his tactical prowess. Certainly not expecting him to totally outfox JDT or have us worked out.

We just have nothing to fear. Play to the best of our ability, with a loud away end behind us, and all the pressure on them…

We really have a great chance.

Incoming 5-0 Blades 😅

5 shots on target perhaps!

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

FA cup finalist doesn’t make Europe anymore - you need to win the whole thing unfortunately, so still about 1 in 100 chance now. 

• Like 1

Sat here with a Wednesday fan, to be honest he's more nervous than I am about Sundays game.

The look of angst on his face when he talked about the possibility of United getting to Wembley, I wanted to assure him that won't happen, but I'm not tempting fate!

10 hours ago, bboy said:

Theoretical question.

Excellent question.

I'd take an F.A. cup win over promotion, without a shadow of a doubt. Would I take a semi-final where we would likely be massive underdogs over a realistic chance of promotion? Probably not. 

10 hours ago, bboy said:

Theoretical question.

6th

2 hours ago, philipl said:

If Boro beat PNE tomorrow, league or cup will be a very live issue for our opponents on Sunday.

That win at Sunderland will have given them a big boost for Sunday i suspect.

If we don't wilt in the first 15 mins we'll be ok, it isn't a day for keep ball at the back it's a day for clear your lines or hit the channels.

• Like 3

If there was another league game in midweek (or even next weekend) then maybe they would be thinking of priorities.

But with a two week break after Sunday I don’t see why they wouldn’t be going for it. It’s an FA Cup Quarter Final, at home, against a side lower than them in their division.

• Like 2

With our counter attacking game a fast start should suit us but we need to be at the races from the very first whistle. We have been recently to be fair and we know there'll be no need to draw them out.

I don't want to see another rabbit in the headlights Burnley job but then no disrespect the Blades aren't as good as that lot.

A bit stronger than us yes but it's a cup tie so anything goes.

• Like 2