BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FAC Q/F v Sheffield United (a) - 19/3/23, 12pm K/O

20 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Roy's View From... - Pre-Match View From Blackburn | S24SU Forum | Sheffield United Community

image.png.094e0e15e77b06f3b5548609610d84dd.png

Don't fuck with Tezza. 🥱🤣 Hardest man on t'internet.

Christ, they have a competition to see who can respond first in the match preview threads 😭

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

The FA Cup is the competition that made our Club's name famous...was considered a higher prize than the League title in days of old within the Town.

Lets revive our Tradition.

Quite true. When Rovers first won the League it was observed that this was some sort of compensation for losing the Cup Final!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Roy's View From... - Pre-Match View From Blackburn | S24SU Forum | Sheffield United Community

image.png.094e0e15e77b06f3b5548609610d84dd.png

Don't fuck with Tezza. 🥱🤣 Hardest man on t'internet.

'I hope they show the same spirit as Wrexham did as well.

Proper salty bunch. They seem to dislike us and yet they're a side which my only memories of them are: Sutton and Shearer, Penalty shootout in the 90's, Keith Gillespie having a blinder for them in 2000 when we lost 5-0 (i think)... and that's it. They're such a beige side

Noisy away support? Again can't recall them selling out apart from probably that FA cup game in the 90's'

This excerpt taken from their forum. Like the 90s are our only glory years. We have been prominent in English football for decades unlike those no marks who have achieved squat for nearly a century

4 hours ago, roverandout said:

'I hope they show the same spirit as Wrexham did as well.

Proper salty bunch. They seem to dislike us and yet they're a side which my only memories of them are: Sutton and Shearer, Penalty shootout in the 90's, Keith Gillespie having a blinder for them in 2000 when we lost 5-0 (i think)... and that's it. They're such a beige side

Noisy away support? Again can't recall them selling out apart from probably that FA cup game in the 90's'

This excerpt taken from their forum. Like the 90s are our only glory years. We have been prominent in English football for decades unlike those no marks who have achieved squat for nearly a century

Well, it is a free hit, and there are impassioned views on both sides of the Snake Pass, but I sincerely hope that it is the side that hasn't been allowed to get away with cheating the system this season and which hasn't had the benefit (unfair advantage actually) of parachute payments in assembling a relatively ordinary team, and the side which doesn't routinely seek to inflict physical damage on its opponents (as an alternative to trying to play football) that comes out as winners on Sunday.

Sheep shaggers. Baaaaaahhhh. Humbug. Me duck

Szmodics was on the 72+ podcast  this week and said that JDT has the lads training penalties every training session regardless if it’s a league or cup match. He said that they even practice with the all the players on the half way line and making the walk to the penalty spot.

Great to hear and you can see it’s working with the West Ham penalty shoot out.

• Like 6

The Administration / points deduction thing is quite interesting, as I’ve read that it’s in relation to non payment for players, such as Anel.

As Anel has been a huge part of their season and a big reason why they’re in the top 6, if they continue to fail to pay for him, could that not be construed as an unfair advantage over clubs like Rovers (who, coincidentally, would have paid for him)?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Andy said:

The Administration / points deduction thing is quite interesting, as I’ve read that it’s in relation to non payment for players, such as Anel.

As Anel has been a huge part of their season and a big reason why they’re in the top 6, if they continue to fail to pay for him, could that not be construed as an unfair advantage over clubs like Rovers (who, coincidentally, would have paid for him)?

100%

Just like it would have been unfair if the EFL let us sign O'brien and he'd scored 5 goals including a winner in a play off final.

I find it hard to believe they'd go into administration next week though, further down the line they need to be very, very worried unless they seal promotion of course.

It's probably an additional incentive for them tomorrow if they're THAT skint though, they'd pocket a decent wedge for making the semi's. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy said:

If they haven't met the agreed terms then surely he shouldn't be allowed to play until they do.

• Like 6