BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FAC Q/F v Sheffield United (a) - 19/3/23, 12pm K/O

19 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Hope he likes the look of the place. Declaring an interest slightly as I work at the uni - but it's a great city to be a student in. 

I’ll second this - not as a student, but I used to work in the north part of the city and looking after the students was one of the many duties (I was based at Broomhall).

To say it’s Yorkshire, Sheffield is alright.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Hope he likes the look of the place. Declaring an interest slightly as I work at the uni - but it's a great city to be a student in. 

Cheers

he has an offer but has not yet visited , so the cup draw was perfect opportunity to do so.

I think he will like the city 

I'm really looking foward to it

I don't live local anymore and have a 12 yr old who plays grassroots on saturdays so we only make a few games a season...although we can usually make the yorkshire away games

So happy that my lad is going to experience a big game as he amazingly supports rovers even though every single one of his mates 'support' city,utd,liverpool etc and give him a bit of stick for it...hopefully we can get a result

• Like 9

Superb city is Sheffield, often overlooked as it's not seen as glamorous as the other large Northern cities but it more than holds its own. Excellent array of pubs, proper football grounds and the home of snooker. Can't ask for more from a place really.

• Like 6

I see selective quotes from this thread have made it on to a Sheffield United forum. It’s got them so rattled it’s hilarious 😂 

Didn’t think our friends from across the Pennines were so thin skinned.

One of them called us a “beige” club. I mean if we’re a nothing club what the fuck does that make them? Zero history in comparison 

Edited by Displaced Rover
  • Like 9

6 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

I see selective quotes from this thread have made it on to a Sheffield United forum. It’s got them so rattled it’s hilarious 😂 

One of them called us a “beige” club. I mean if we’re a nothing club what the fuck does that make them? Zero history in comparison 

I'm impressed they can read. Sheep shaggers.

I wonder if they've handed over their bank details yet to the prospective buyer. 

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

Historical stadium is Bramall Lane, the oldest stadium in the World still hosting professional football. 
One of only two grounds anywhere to have hosted an England football international, an England test match and an FA Cup Final. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

We're a far bigger club than that soul-less shitpit

• Like 4

23 hours ago, GHR said:

This is aimed at no-one on here as it's a concept rife everywhere in the game these days, but bottle up this feeling for every time someone suggests the Cup is a distraction these days, a throw back to the era of keepers without gloves, Inside Rights and lifting over the turnstiles. It's well over two days off yet and we may come away with nothing to show, but I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve. Absolute fucking dynamite is this competition.

Best part of football bar none. Maybe European competition draws but I’m too young to have experienced that properly so couldn’t say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

For the first time in years its exciting again to follow this grand 'owd Club!

What a tune SG, what a band, superb stuff, I salute you 👍

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ianrally said:

Historical stadium is Bramall Lane, the oldest stadium in the World still hosting professional football. 
One of only two grounds anywhere to have hosted an England football international, an England test match and an FA Cup Final

Good stat, @Ianrally! I'm filing that one away!!

1 hour ago, Ianrally said:

One of only two grounds anywhere to have hosted an England football international, an England test match and an FA Cup Final. 

Is the other one, The Oval ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Displaced Rover said:

It can't be easy being by far the smallest club in a two-club city. 

I suppose their real rivals have always been Barnsley and Rotherham. 

• Like 6