BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FAC Q/F v Sheffield United (a) - 19/3/23, 12pm K/O

I’d be picking Dolan over Hedges for this. Don’t get me wrong, I imagine the goal last night means Hedges’ confidence is flowing and he probably sees the right as a more natural side than Tyrhys. I just feel that Dolan does better in games we aren’t favourites in, exploits the space left better and presses a lot better than Hedges. Against these lot, we need to press from the front (which we’ve done excellently recently) and Dolan, Gallagher and Szmodics are crucial to that.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, GHR said:

This is aimed at no-one on here as it's a concept rife everywhere in the game these days, but bottle up this feeling for every time someone suggests the Cup is a distraction these days, a throw back to the era of keepers without gloves, Inside Rights and lifting over the turnstiles. It's well over two days off yet and we may come away with nothing to show, but I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve. Absolute fucking dynamite is this competition.

Amen me friend 🙏

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, CoconutGrove said:

I’d be picking Dolan over Hedges for this. Don’t get me wrong, I imagine the goal last night means Hedges’ confidence is flowing and he probably sees the right as a more natural side than Tyrhys. I just feel that Dolan does better in games we aren’t favourites in, exploits the space left better and presses a lot better than Hedges. Against these lot, we need to press from the front (which we’ve done excellently recently) and Dolan, Gallagher and Szmodics are crucial to that.

Yeap, dolans press is key & 9 times out of 10 can change games. I’d start him and bring on hedges later.

• Like 2

Would be fantastic to make the semi- finals.

However, sadly, feel this is going to be a bridge too far especially at their place.

No denying they are a decent side and I think their experience, physicality and aggression will be too much.

Would be betting against Rovers under normal circumstances, however, this is one match and occasion when I can't.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Would be fantastic to make the semi- finals.

However, sadly, feel this is going to be a bridge too far especially at their place.

No denying they are a decent side and I think their experience, physicality and aggression will be too much.

Would be betting against Rovers under normal circumstances, however, this is one match and occasion when I can't.

Thanks Mercer!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

First time i went we won, that was when Stapleton was here i think and Andy Marriot (?) was in goal.

Don't recall seeing anything else there in terms of a win i obviously missed the early 90's one.  It's never been a good ground for us but we tend to do ok at home against them.

Won , when we won the Prem ....Shearer Shearer might have been season before ....

Edited by Waggy76
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Won , when we won the Prem ....Shearer Shearer

We can’t have done as United weren’t in the PL that season.

I also have been to Bramall Lane when the cricket ground was there. When I went to Sheffield University in October 1971 they were top of the First Division (and Wednesday bottom of Div2) and the cricket ground was still there.

2 minutes ago, only2garners said:

We can’t have done as United weren’t in the PL that season.

I also have been to Bramall Lane when the cricket ground was there. When I went to Sheffield University in October 1971 they were top of the First Division (and Wednesday bottom of Div2) and the cricket ground was still there.

The first time I went was in the early seventies. A pre-season friendly, when we had sold them Tony Field.

8 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Yes it was in use as a county ground until the late 70’s and the last match was a drawn game with Lancashire.

Rovers have had no luck on the 4 previous occasions I've been to Bramhall Lane.

I couldn't contemplate an early return there after trips there in 1969 twice and 1971  when we suffered 3-0 4-0 and 5-0  cosecutive defeats (I still can't get Tony Currie and Alan Woodward out of my consciousness!!) until the disappointment of that FA Cup quarter final penalty shoot-out loss in 1993.

Never again never again was my mantra but i'll be back there on Sunday as undoubtedly every dog does eventually have its day and on Sunday I believe it will be Rovers who will be barking loud and proud,

2 hours ago, GHR said:

This is aimed at no-one on here as it's a concept rife everywhere in the game these days, but bottle up this feeling for every time someone suggests the Cup is a distraction these days, a throw back to the era of keepers without gloves, Inside Rights and lifting over the turnstiles. It's well over two days off yet and we may come away with nothing to show, but I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve. Absolute fucking dynamite is this competition.

Great post. 

I for one saw this as a distraction. Win against Norwich wishing it was 3 league points.

Annoyed Birmingham game was a replay wasting fitness.

Thinking we'd get battered at Leicester and destroy our confidence.

Suddenly we are 90 minutes away from our first day at new Wembley ( only 1 of 6 league clubs not to experience that)

Ironically our last semi final appearance almost saw us as one of the first clubs at new Wembley.

• Like 6

Last time I went to Bramall Lane was the match where Friedel saved 2 penalties, and we missed one too which I think Paddy Kenny saved, 15 odd years ago, time flies!

I’d take a penalty shoot out now if we had big Brad between the sticks!

Edited by superniko