BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FAC Q/F v Sheffield United (a) - 19/3/23, 12pm K/O

10 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Does the winner of the FA cup still get a spot in Europe?

Assuming if we got there we would play a prem team likely already in Europe….

Are we all off to Salzburg again?!?!

The winner of the FA Cup goes straight into the Europa League group stages. We would also play the Premier League champions at Wembley for the Community Shield

But there’s a long way to go yet…😂

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

The winner of the FA Cup goes straight into the Europa League group stages. We would also play the Premier League champions at Wembley for the Community Shield

But there’s a long way to go yet…😂

The Community Shield! We didn't take that one seriously did we? 

• Like 1

Just now, TonyM said:

Moving the semi-finals to Wembley was a huge mistake by the FA and massively devalued the competition .....but I'd still very much like us to be there.

My grandfather (1928) and my father (1960) both got to see Rovers in FA Cup finals - I'd really like to have the same happen just once in my lifetime. More important (sentimentally, but not financially I know) then getting back into the Prem for me ...

My Dad went to the 1928 one with his Dad and his brother. Gave me the story about it at least once a year!

I went to the 1960 final with him and my Mum but I seriously wish I hadn't. My Dad never went to Ewood again except once in 1963-4 at Christmas when we played West Ham!

I'd been geeing him up for weeks as well!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 47er said:

Moving the semi-finals to Wembley was a huge mistake by the FA and massively devalued the competition 

Not to the FA it isn't. Done solely to help pay the cost of the new stadium. They couldn't care less about the fans

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, 47er said:

My Dad went to the 1928 one with his Dad and his brother. Gave me the story about it at least once a year!

I went to the 1960 final with him and my Mum but I seriously wish I hadn't. My Dad never went to Ewood again except once in 1963-4 at Christmas when we played West Ham!

I'd been geeing him up for weeks as well!

His name wasn't Jonah, was it, @47er?! 😉

Happy St Patrick’s day to the Irish lot on here (bring back BIGDOG!) - I managed to get through a mental Dublin and on my way back for this one at the weekend. 
If you’re not excited for this with 6k of us in the away end then it’s not for you! This is what following Rovers is all about. 
All I ask for is a better performance than the Millwall shambles (I think that’s pretty much a given)

Also - this weekend is your last chance for the 1000/1 FA Cup and Promotion double! I’m sure some of you have some Diaz winnings left over for a nice summer bonus.

Edited by superniko
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think I would be very tempted to take the semi final. In theory, we would also be one win from being in Europe too!

Football is about memories and moments, not balance sheets.

I'm astounded by that answer, but to each their own. So essentially, you think this match is more important than the rest of the season combined?

10 minutes ago, superniko said:

Also - this weekend is your last chance for the 1000/1 FA Cup and Promotion double! I’m sure some of you have some Diaz winnings left over for a nice summer bonus.

Where can I get that?

27 minutes ago, superniko said:

Looks like Bet Fred are your best odds at 1004/1, will be able to back in their high street shop too if you don’t have / don’t want to open an account.

56EAB8CF-1121-4903-AAD0-34A1BDA26BD7.jpeg

Betfred is one of the only three I'm on...but I'm struggling to figure out where I can make that bet on it! Might be for the best, my bets are often the kiss of death...

2 hours ago, superniko said:

Happy St Patrick’s day to the Irish lot on here (bring back BIGDOG!) - I managed to get through a mental Dublin and on my way back for this one at the weekend. 
If you’re not excited for this with 6k of us in the away end then it’s not for you! This is what following Rovers is all about. 
All I ask for is a better performance than the Millwall shambles (I think that’s pretty much a given)

And "Beannachtaí na féile Pádraig ort!" to you, too @superniko! (One of the few phrases I can manage in my great‐grandfather's language when he arrived in Blackburn some time in the 1850s.)

And, fwiw, I agree with you about big dog; at least, his heart was in the right place. Hope he's still reading this.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

In this theoretical It's tough. If you guaranteed we'd finish 4th or 5th and not have to face boro and Stoke I'd take playoffs because then I think we'd have a great chance against whoever else. 

I think Wembley for a playoff final would trump a nice day out at Wembley to get beat by city or united.

Saying that there's obviously no reason we can't do both.

But aren't Burnley knocking City out we can beat Utd. 

3 hours ago, TonyM said:

Moving the semi-finals to Wembley was a huge mistake by the FA and massively devalued the competition .....but I'd still very much like us to be there.

My grandfather (1928) and my father (1960) both got to see Rovers in FA Cup finals - I'd really like to have the same happen just once in my lifetime. More important (sentimentally, but not financially I know) then getting back into the Prem for me ...

I agree semis shouldn’t be at Wembley. Think it would be class for the younger fans to see us there and all of us at the new Wembley but seeing rovers in a major final would be amazing if a little far fetched.

In 1987 the old man left a family holiday abroad as he decided we’d never see rovers at Wembley again. If we win I’ll have a similar predicament in April and I’m realising how ballsy it was to vanish knowing he’d piss my mum off (which he did) just to watch rovers at Wembley. He missed out in 1960, not least of all to a few members of the family who’d never seen rovers before or since, and decided it’s better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

The irony is we watched rovers at Wembley 5 times over the next 10 years, a point not lost on my mum 35 years later. 😂

• Like 2

Just enjoying a pint in Sheffield right now (I live close by). Driving in about 20 minutes ago, 5 Rovers fans trying to dodge the traffic crossing the ring road. 

The invasion has started early.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, 47er said:

The Community Shield! We didn't take that one seriously did we? 

Never understood why this isn’t given the respect it deserves. It’s before the season starts so no prioritising necessary, you have to be a premier league champion or an fa cup winner just to take part. I class this as a proper trophy , but get laughed at by all my glory hunting mates

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Just enjoying a pint in Sheffield right now (I live close by). Driving in about 20 minutes ago, 5 Rovers fans trying to dodge the traffic crossing the ring road. 

The invasion has started early.

Arriving tomorrow coinciding with son’s open day at the uni

• Like 2