BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FAC Q/F v Sheffield United (a) - 19/3/23, 12pm K/O

30 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Will this be the club's first ever game with VAR then, or did we have it against one of the Prem sides in the League Cup?

We had it against Newcastle in the cup but not in the Replay 

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Lots of the usual "where are these people at (insert random game)" comments on social media. Do some prefer smaller crowds?

The majority of the tickets are to season ticket holders. 

It's surely only a couple of people's comments.  

9 hours ago, A Northern Horde... said:

Great effort to shift nearly 6k that quick....how many could we have sold with 6 days to go!

Think i saw a Sheff U fan recently saying they are obsessed with segregation and leave a corner empty or something even if the home section next to it doesn't sell out.

Yet you go to some grounds and people are virtually next to each other, no wonder teams love coming to Ewood !

• Like 1

11 hours ago, only2garners said:

Rovers asked for the extra 1,000 tickets this morning. They were printed in Sheffield and brought over. They arrived at 2.05, on sale at 2.30 and sold out by 4.30.

There is an outside chance of a few more tickets being made available.

Thanks for that, I was just assuming it was all sorted behind the scenes a bit sooner than that.

13 hours ago, only2garners said:

Rovers asked for the extra 1,000 tickets this morning. They were printed in Sheffield and brought over. They arrived at 2.05, on sale at 2.30 and sold out by 4.30.

There is an outside chance of a few more tickets being made available.

Thanks for that.

Hopefully we'll get a couple of hundred more

In line with the Rovers Trust Marketing Prospectus( see www.roverstrust.co.uk) I have asked the Club(and a Coach traveller) for a list of where all the Coaches for Sunday are actually coming from. In our discussions with the Club we have been aggressively suggesting Facebook groups for "Rovers Helmshore Fans"; Lancaster, Leyland, Whalley etc etc and in selling Season Tickets to reclaim our outlying areas that have always been Rovers fans! We have always punched above our weight and the FA Cup has always been a key element of the DNA of any Rovers fan. Its hard work to get them to understand us....this Sunday really helps that over-lengthy process

• Like 6

It certainly is, but considering you have never outlined what has improved on the commercial side since the maggot days (and on the surface it certainly doesn’t look an improved commercial operation) then folk will take it with a pick of salt.

• Like 3

On 13/03/2023 at 19:40, SBlue said:

Won’t be many left on the pitch if they’re flying in like they were at Ewood. Could’ve done with VAR then!

This is a really good point, and not good news for them, as I think they can only play one way, as they showed there last season. They were a disgrace. 

Good that the ref will feel under pressure to penalise correctly and consistently. 

Already buzzing for this and we are still 4 days out. Jumping the train from sunny Southport at 8am for a 3 hour journey to Sheffield. Hoping a few Rovers join the train as it passes through Manchester to land in Sheffield at just after 11.

COYB!

42 minutes ago, renrag said:

I’d keep your eyes on those trains, there are only a handful of Northern trains running on Saturday. My family have had to change their plans and travel by car instead

BigUts should be OK, as he will be travelling on Sunday when the game is. The strike is on Saturday.

4 minutes ago, only2garners said:

BigUts should be OK, as he will be travelling on Sunday when the game is. The strike is on Saturday.

Never trust the trains the morning after a strike, they usually end up all over the place.

• Like 1

Sundays tend to be slightly better for it given the trains get out of bed later than they do the other six mornings a week anyway. Mind, the service in question between Liverpool and Sheffield is TPE, who don't have the best of form on Sundays, regardless of what is happening the day before. Given that it is also the train at Warrington and Manchester most Lancs-based Rovers fans getting the train will be using, one does hope it runs!

33 minutes ago, only2garners said:

That's true but I assume BigUts will be using Merseyrail first which shouldn't have those sort of issues.

The state of the trains on Sunday are a big worry. I don't care about getting home but getting there on time is the most important thing 😄

33 minutes ago, only2garners said:

That's true but I assume BigUts will be using Merseyrail first which shouldn't have those sort of issues.

You're correct that will be the first leg of my journey to Lime Street. Northern really are the bottom of the barrel and have been for a long time (I used to work for a travel company that dealt with nearly all of the TOCs).

#pray4BigUts

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Displaced Rover said:

Anyone have any idea on best place to park if going by car? Meadowhall seems to be suggestion i've seen?

Street parking should be better as it's a Sunday and a lot of parking restrictions are lifted.