BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FAC Q/F v Sheffield United (a) - 19/3/23, 12pm K/O

Tough ask against a dirty side, obviously the fraud who’s in charge of them is carrying on wilders ways but he’s a man under pressure to go up, if he doesn’t he’s gone in the summer and sheff uniteds financial advantage decreases even more. 

same team as last night as that’s the best we can field these days I think but would also be tempted on Wharton over Morton. Also how great it is to be competitive in the league.. jdt wiring miracles on tight strings while also going for it in the cups unlike the last one who had us bow out in the first or early rounds in poor ways… morecambe and Wigan knocking us out in the first round of both comps last season says it all, so it’s nice to have a coach who has that winners mentality to go for it on all fronts which we’ve lacked since mark hughes left. 

I e every confidence we can seal our first trip to Wembley, get the first goal and rattle them they will lose their heads and commit stupid fouls and hopefully then we have a better ref than at ewood who will start dishing out the necessary cards  

• Like 1

Biggest game we have had for a long long time. What an achievement it would be to reach the semi final.

From a financial perspective this is also massive.

Obviously wish we were playing this at Ewood but we do seem to have the form at the moment, including recently beating them. The win last night was massive as it a) provides momentum and confidence b) takes the pressure off a bit

I imagine he will go with the team that started last night, hard to argue for any changes with perhaps Dolan being unlucky.

Fantastic effort for us to sell so many tickets.

On the cusp of something really special, its nice to have some pride in the team again. Let's hope the story continues and the players give it their all. Could go a long way to announcing Rovers are back!  

Edited by Trinidad Rover
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, booth said:

Dirty team, I expect Rovers to come away with a lot of bruises. Will be another tough match.

And I can't stand that Thunderbird puppet of a manager.

I don't mind losing as long as we kick the bastards back and don't get bullied.

For reference, see Mark Hughes Blackburn Rovers at Cardiff against Arsenal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, booth said:

Dirty team, I expect Rovers to come away with a lot of bruises. Will be another tough match.

And I can't stand that Thunderbird puppet of a manager.

There is no other club in the PL down to L2 who for so long, which was day 1 of the Wilder reign, have so many basic thugs in any match day starting team.

They are also at the forefront of surrounding and pressuring Refs, and consistently allowed to get away with 99.99 per cent of their ingrained shithousery.

Destestable.

I so want us to win this.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

We are long overdue a win there.

I went one New Years day, late 80's, I'm sure Sellers played a blinder and we won, but not seen us win there since. 

That all changes on Sunday 🤞

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Biggest game we have had for a long long time. What an achievement it would be to reach the semi final.

From a financial perspective this is also massive.

Obviously wish we were playing this at Ewood but we do seem to have the form at the moment, including recently beating them. The win last night was massive as it a) provides momentum and confidence b) takes the pressure off a bit

I imagine he will go with the team that started last night, hard to argue for any changes with perhaps Dolan being unlucky.

Fantastic effort for us to sell so many tickets.

On the cusp of something really special, its nice to have some pride in the team again. Let's hope the story continues and the players give it their all. Could go a long way to announcing Rovers are back!  

Of course Thomas is cup tied so either Dolan or Hedges for him. I’d like Wharton over Morton but that won’t happen 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

I remember Scottie doing an amazing crossfield pass for the winning goal. That year Sheffield United went up and had a good forward  line of Agana and Deane.

Did they come to Ewood back end of that season with illuminous yellow shirts on? Lit the Darwen End up in day light! 

22 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

I remember Scottie doing an amazing crossfield pass for the winning goal. That year Sheffield United went up and had a good forward  line of Agana and Deane.

I have seen decent highlights of the game within a SU season video review on YouTube.

Typically, I forgot that it's bloody mother's day on Sunday and the Mrs is expecting me to have sorted a day out somewhere with the kids. 

"No worries love, we're off to Sheffield for a family day out....."

(Sadly, I'm not going but now might not even be able to watch at all 😢, unbearable if I'm just getting twitter updates)

2 hours ago, Gav said:

I went one New Years day, late 80's, I'm sure Sellers played a blinder and we won, but not seen us win there since. 

That all changes on Sunday 🤞

First time i went we won, that was when Stapleton was here i think and Andy Marriot (?) was in goal.

Don't recall seeing anything else there in terms of a win i obviously missed the early 90's one.  It's never been a good ground for us but we tend to do ok at home against them.

• Like 1