BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JRC contract?

Of course you can’t force a player to move, footballers run down contracts all the time. But here, Armstrong aside, when did we last sell anyone for any kind of decent fee?

A rather odd ‘trading club’ that never sells a player. But, the penny has finally dropped it seems. So all power to GB.

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

So its nothing to do with the player himself?

If the player doesn't want to move he wont.

If there is no offer for the player from another club, he stays.

If he wants to run his contract down he can and the club can do fuck all about it! Nothing to do with owners/manager/CEO or agents, its the players choice and his alone.

Had we accepted a bid from Nice and the player then rejected it then it is a totally different situation and I don't criticise the owners in the same way.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

Fair play to Broughton on this. That's 11 players apparently signed new contracts this season. Got plenty of stick (rightly) for the OBrien fiasco but he's been true to his word on this 

Not of O'Brien fiasco was his fault as far as I read everything 

8 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

So its nothing to do with the player himself?

If the player doesn't want to move he wont.

If there is no offer for the player from another club, he stays.

If he wants to run his contract down he can and the club can do fuck all about it! Nothing to do with owners/manager/CEO or agents, its the players choice and his alone.

While technically true, this is a very blinkered view on the matter.

7 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Technically true but blinkered ? Its reality where football players are concerned

The point is more that the club should be dealing with new contracts whilst there is still a couple of years left on the current one. That way if they don't sign then we can either make a better offer or put them up for sale.

All the players leaving for nothing is just another sign that the people in charge are not fit for purpose.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Bohinen1983 said:

If we don't get him tied down soon he'll be off..  imperious today. He was everywhere.  If JRC wasn't playing we draw that. Come on Rovers...

Don't think I've ever seen a bigger turnaround in a players form than that of JRC.

Been pretty remarkable 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

Don't think I've ever seen a bigger turnaround in a players form than that of JRC.

Been pretty remarkable 

What's truly remarkable yesterday was that he was the most dangerous player on the pitch. Could have scored 3.

Yet he was playing right-back!

Edited by 47er

Still pretty relaxed about this. Six months ago it was questionable whether JRC would be able to stay fit enough to have a career as a professional footballer. His turnaround has been brilliant to see - but potential suiters will not have forgotten about his injury record. Pretty sure that he is young enough for us to receive a compensation fee if he was to leave too, so it isn't as though there's no risk for the next club that comes along. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Interesting observation @Armchair supporter supremo , he does seem to have a real drive and ambition about him. 

I’m not ITK in the slightest but it wouldn’t surprise me if these negotiations are tougher than some of the others…

I was thinking/worrying that it could be more of a case of the Nyambes. Thinking the grass will be greener.... (and wages will be higher) elsewhere. 

That said! He could actually just be being clever... With each performance he puts in like yesterdays hiswage demands should increase!! So hopefully he's just going to wait until the summer and see where things lay

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

If he suddenly decides he's Billy big bollox after having about 15 good games for us over the last 4 seasons and countless long lay offs, I'll be fuming.

Equally, not long ago he would probably be thinking that his only options for next season would be at L1 level, probably on no more than what he has been on since signing his first proper contract with us. 

I'm sure we'll arrive at a sensible outcome, but I don't blame him for not signing the first thing which is put to him when he has suddenly started proving that he can play well at this level. 

I watched this boy many times over several seasons in the youth teams. He always seemed one of the more important lads in that set up and something of a leader in the group. More so than Buckley actually.

I was amused, but not in the least bit surprised, at his furious turf thrashing reaction to being booked yesterday. The lad has fire in his eyes and a touch of devilment about him. A very bad loser!

With a good, injury free run and an inevitable growing in confidence, I could see him regain his aura and become a main man for us as he was in the 23s.

I would like to see him further forward, with Brittain behind. His marauding style fits in well with our front three and I think he would give the team something that someone like Hedges isn't quite capable of.

• Like 3

Have to say I like the cut of his jib. We need "leaders" on the pitch and his competitive streak and demands for the others to do better marks him out as captain material - possibly better than Travis? Still not sure what his best position is though because he's certainly not a right back

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I was thinking/worrying that it could be more of a case of the Nyambes. Thinking the grass will be greener.... (and wages will be higher) elsewhere. 

That said! He could actually just be being clever... With each performance he puts in like yesterdays hiswage demands should increase!! So hopefully he's just going to wait until the summer and see where things lay

Nyambe did not get a pay rise NOR a signing on fee as his deal was 12 months without any clauses!

• Like 1

On 10/04/2023 at 15:42, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Starting to get the feeling that he's a player thats going to be 'looking for a new chapter in his career' 

I'd say that's pretty stupid of him if so. For the first time in his career, he has been able to stay injury-free and playing consistently, but moreover, consistently well. Things have finally come together for him- here, now. A new club, the upheaval of moving to a new home, new manager, new coaching staff and training regime puts all of that at risk and could destroy his career as soon as it has got going.

I'd understand him wanting more money (not an outlandish amount though, he should accept his previous injury record and quality have been poor), although other clubs probably aren't about to give him the big bucks as they'll know his great form is a new thing and they'll know his poor injury record. I'd also understand him taking a fairly short deal, in the hopes he keeps playing well and injury-free and attracts bigger fish. But if he's actively thinking already that he wants to leave the club ASAP, I think that's a huge mistake on his part.

• Like 1

Unfortunately as rational as all that is, players are often badly advised and make bad footballing decisions due to their ‘representatives’ who obviously purely want a bigger slice of a bigger pie, wherever that is.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2