BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JRC contract?

49 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Could be wrong but isn't JRC's contract running down? .. 

Expires in 15months time according to lancs live.

In reality, it shouldn't be that difficult getting him a new deal, I mean he's only really been decent for about 8 games and has spent a lot of time out injured. 

Obviously it's incredibly naive to assume there is any loyalty in football but feels like he should want to stay here for a few more seasons at least.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, robbojohnno said:

Crazy that he hasn't been tied down to a new deal yet, he has won back to back player of the month awards and has been key to our upturn of form. Fingers crossed it gets sorted out in the next few weeks. 

I don't think he has ever played as well - but every time he has looked like becoming a regular first team player he has got injured.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robbojohnno said:

Crazy that he hasn't been tied down to a new deal yet, he has won back to back player of the month awards and has been key to our upturn of form. Fingers crossed it gets sorted out in the next few weeks. 

Club would have been slated if they had given him a contract before his upturn in form. He was on his way out of the door. Hopefully the form continues and he signs a new deal

• Like 5

Does it matter if the ‘club would’ve been slated’ by nobodies on social media?

In this instance the club themselves obviously thought he was on the way out, so no surprise his contract has started to run down. But generally if the club wants to protect its assets, it should do it, the opinions of roverboi1995 is neither here nor there. Like we did with SG last season (the club did get slated online, but so what) and what we should have done with BB in 2021.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

There's a reason we pay 'experts' a huge amount of money each year - that is to form judgments on players and personnel and address contracts appropriately. The purpose is to protect the Club's investments.

If the Club decide to do something to try and protect said assets, then that might at times raise eyebrows or question marks, but if it is being done with the future of the Club in mind, with the best intentions and is a decision reached by people who should know best and certainly better than people on here, then that's their call.

If a player signs a new deal and people don't like it then it might mean a few whinge or question it on here or in the pub but it really doesn't matter - what matters is that the Club does what it needs to do to protect its assets and growth.

Personally I am a little bit concerned about the direction things have taken off the pitch since last year - but delighted with how things have gone on it. I say I am concerned because after an initial flurry of activity under Broughton with transfers and new contracts things seem to have gone quiet of late. We've also had the shambles of all shambles in the January transfer window and this week our Head of Recruitment has walked out after 6 months in the job and no summer window to oversee.

I know enough about Venkys and the last 10 years to have some concerns about this. I think a new deal for JRC or Carter, or both, soon, would settle the nerves a little bit.

• Like 3

I always found the comments at the start of the new season about a "new dawn" regarding the contracts we did get signed to be very premature.

Over the last few years, we still regularly got deals done, no different to this year, and worryingly there has been a lull lately. 

Rankin Costello even aside from the nonsensical idea that "people would have moaned" is a strange one in that there was no value in signing him up prior to his recent run. That being said, it should be a priority along with the likes of Dolan, Carter etc.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Sharpe saying another Academy graduate contract extension to be announced before weekend. Possibly JRC

Or Carter. 

I've a feeling it will be Carter. JRC's last contract took forever to negotiate. I think they will both sign extensions but see one reaching its conclusion far quicker than the other.

• Like 1

On 09/03/2023 at 10:46, Mattyblue said:

Does it matter if the ‘club would’ve been slated’ by nobodies on social media?

In this instance the club themselves obviously thought he was on the way out, so no surprise his contract has started to run down. But generally if the club wants to protect its assets, it should do it, the opinions of roverboi1995 is neither here nor there. Like we did with SG last season (the club did get slated online, but so what) and what we should have done with BB in 2021.

You’re missing the point. Of course the club shouldn’t care how fans might react but the point is that there were very good reasons for not offering JRC a new deal before now and yet some are criticising the club for not acting sooner. 

• Like 1

I obviously don’t disagree on JRC as the quoted post states.

I was talking *generally* re contracts and it looks as if finally the club seems to have got its act together after learning some hard lessons.

Edited by Mattyblue

The acid test will always be with anyone that doesn't want to renew and whether they are allowed to run their deals down due to the owners stubbornness. That I can't see changing unfortunately.

But it would definitely be a boost to get Carter and Rankin Costello signed up. Dolan hasn't been mentioned but he should also be a priority.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Carter signs new 4 year contract to 2027 👍👍

JRC next ?

Great news. He's surprised me since January. The shirt is his to lose at the moment. He's definitely progressed to be a solid championship centre back. 

Hopefully he can continue to develop from here. Playing regularly next to such a good defender in Hyam is only going to help his game.

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Delighted with Carter's new contract..Well deserved 

Fair play to Broughton on this. That's 11 players apparently signed new contracts this season. Got plenty of stick (rightly) for the OBrien fiasco but he's been true to his word on this 

3 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Fair play to Broughton on this. That's 11 players apparently signed new contracts this season. Got plenty of stick (rightly) for the OBrien fiasco but he's been true to his word on this 

Not sure how much he was responsible for with the O'Brien deal. As far as I can make out he'd done his part, it was more the useless drones upstairs that fucked that one up.

15 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The acid test will always be with anyone that doesn't want to renew and whether they are allowed to run their deals down due to the owners stubbornness. That I can't see changing unfortunately.

But it would definitely be a boost to get Carter and Rankin Costello signed up. Dolan hasn't been mentioned but he should also be a priority.

So its nothing to do with the player himself?

If the player doesn't want to move he wont.

If there is no offer for the player from another club, he stays.

If he wants to run his contract down he can and the club can do fuck all about it! Nothing to do with owners/manager/CEO or agents, its the players choice and his alone.