BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The games that really choked you

Today has totally murdered me. It's made me think of the times that rovers have really brought me low.

Palace eighty nine George bloody Courtney, glad all over and going into second leg with a healthy lead. Just absolutely unreal

Sheffield Wednesday cup semi in ninety three. We'd just signed Anderson and I was hopeful of a trip to Wembley 

Leicester at home in ninety two or was it ninety one. I can still remember Russell getting that lucky bounce off mimms, all these years later. We needed a win to get back on track but we lost again

The champions League campaign, the first portent that we were on the slide. Trelleborgs at home was a dead rubber. Great expectations come to nought

Thecup semi against Chelsea, Morten missing An easy header 

Defeat against Burnley always hurts of course .

think that's it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Palace away is the one but I was listening on radio whilst at a wedding so doesn’t really count. 

Chelsea FAC S/F.

Bristol Rovers away even though we won. If you know, you know. 

What if your one of the ones that doesn’t know ?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Palace away is the one but I was listening on radio whilst at a wedding so doesn’t really count. 

Chelsea FAC S/F.

Bristol Rovers away even though we won. If you know, you know. 

Courtney's face when he came out at Bradford was a picture. It was the first match he reffed after the Palace match. He genuinely looked surprised at the barrage he got. 

He made up for it at Wembley I suppose. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

What if your one of the ones that doesn’t know ?

We had to win at Bristol Rovers to have a chance of promotion to the 1st Division. It would have been back to back promotions under Howard Kendall. The problem was that PNE needed to stop Swansea winning at Deepdale...and...

Just look at Faz's expression at full time...tells you the story in full. 

IMG_2910.JPG

IMG_1213.JPG

• Like 1

football wise iv`e never felt as low as after the palace game,mainly because palace were terrible in the first leg and we patently bottled the game at selhurst park

england losing to germany in the 1990 world cup was pretty devasting as well,we matched the best german side ever only to lose on a bloody penalties then had to watch the final,one of the worst games iv`e ever seen

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, roverandout said:

How can we score a last minute winner then lose

What he means is we scored what should have been a last minute winner then lost. Leeds somehow managed to reply with two further goals in injury time. Speaking of which the 2-2 draw v City when we were 2-0 up in the 90th minute in one of Sam’s early games in charge was a sickener but I agree that nothing comes close to Palace, not even Bristol Rovers.

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 1

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

What he means is we scored what should have been a last minute winner then lost. Leeds somehow managed to reply with two further goals in injury time. Speaking of which the 2-2 draw v City when we were 2-0 up in the 90th minute in one of Sam’s early games in charge was a sickener but I agree that nothing comes close to Palace, not even Bristol Rovers.

Matt Derbyshire never (or rarely) played for us again after that.

• Like 2