BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pears/ Kaminski.. summer plans?

6 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

The eye test suggests TK is better than Pears for me.

There's been a lot of occasions recently where it doesn't seem to take much to beat Pears. McBurnie at Sheff, Coventry's equaliser about 3 yards out, both goals vs Huddersfield. You're left looking at it thinking it seems a bit easy to beat him and he rarely, if EVER, catches a cross from a corner or free kick.

He's made his fair share of saves as you'd expect, he's not a bad goalkeeper at all, he's just not as good as Kaminski. 

Would Kaminski done any better with those goals you said? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Even if you take the view that Pears has not done anything to warrant being dropped, say we have both next season, who is better to start a fresh season as number 1?

That will down to form surely? 

I doubt very much both will be here next season if we aren't promote. Both want to be number 1. I like both and rate both. Kaminski has done very good during his time here and Pears has done very good since coming into the team this season 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That will down to form surely? 

I doubt very much both will be here next season if we aren't promote. Both want to be number 1. I like both and rate both. Kaminski has done very good during his time here and Pears has done very good since coming into the team this season 

Form after 3 months of not playing? The question was who would you rate higher in general to start a fresh season after a spell of no games.

No, they probably wont be both here, we will probably sell one and cut back as tend to do with a kid with no senior football on the bench. I just hope Kaminski starts the season in net. He is the better keeper, a safer presence and prior to his wobbles carrying an injury before he broke down, he had kept us in so many games this season.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Form after 3 months of not playing? The question was who would you rate higher in general to start a fresh season after a spell of no games.

If Pears finished the season as number 1 then I expect to be number 1 next season if he stays here. 

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No, they probably wont be both here, we will probably sell one and cut back as tend to do with a kid with no senior football on the bench. I just hope Kaminski starts the season in net. He is the better keeper, a safer presence and prior to his wobbles carrying an injury before he broke down, he had kept us in so many games this season.

Well Hilton or Eastham will be number 2 I would expect given that both have signed new contracts here. Hilton has played some senior football at Ross County and Fleetwood 

‘Not done a lot wrong’ is what you hear, no he hasn’t. But has he excelled? Not particularly.

He’s a decent number 2, and that’s as far as it goes for me. But as he is supposedly better at passing a ball five yards to a centre half, I imagine the superior *goalkeeper* will be off in the summer. Which in my view is a very short sighted decision.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

Exactly, he has done exactly what you want from a stand in, come in and cover without any significant errors and proven himself as a competent stand in.

Kaminski is a far better keeper, even this season the recency bias has kicked in and many have forgotten that he was outstanding and kept us in games right until the month before injury, at which point he was carrying that injury. Pears has looked edgier lately and there is at least once in each game where there is indecision between him and the defence, probably a contributing factor to us suddenly starting to concede goals again.

Expectations have been stripped down, if we let by far our best keeper go, then have the number 2 as number 1 and promote a kid as back up, many won't bat an eyelid. Modern day Blackburn Rovers.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Exactly, he has done exactly what you want from a stand in, come in and cover without any significant errors and proven himself as a competent stand in.

Kaminski is a far better keeper, even this season the recency bias has kicked in and many have forgotten that he was outstanding and kept us in games right until the month before injury, at which point he was carrying that injury. Pears has looked edgier lately and there is at least once in each game where there is indecision between him and the defence, probably a contributing factor to us suddenly starting to concede goals again.

Expectations have been stripped down, if we let by far our best keeper go, then have the number 2 as number 1 and promote a kid as back up, many won't bat an eyelid. Modern day Blackburn Rovers.

No people haven't forgotten how good Kaminski is but they also remember him making mistakes like Birmingham home cup game for example plus people don't think Pears deserves/warrant dropping like you do

Hilton is 23 years old, hardly a kid is he? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

No people haven't forgotten how good Kaminski is but they also remember him making mistakes like Birmingham home cup game for example plus people don't think Pears deserves/warrant dropping like you do

When he was injured! And it was one game against a half season of general excellence.

Kaminski is better, does Pears "deserve" dropping? Perhaps not, I just prefer to play our best players.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

When he was injured! And it was one game against a half season of general excellence.

They were other mistakes if I remember and JDT was set to drop him before he was injured 

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Kaminski is better, does Pears "deserve" dropping? Perhaps not, I just prefer to play our best players.

Surely you pick players based on form? 

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

They were other mistakes if I remember and JDT was set to drop him before he was injured 

Surely you pick players based on form? 

Pears is not in outstanding form, just doing ok.

Was Tomasson going to drop him? Why did he not drop him even when he was carrying an injury?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Pears is not in outstanding form, just doing ok.

I think is in good form. 

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Was Tomasson going to drop him? Why did he not drop him even when he was carrying an injury?

Yes it was mentioned by Sky Sports commentary team that Kaminski was set to be dropped 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think is in good form. 

Yes it was mentioned by Sky Sports commentary team that Kaminski was set to be dropped 

Wow. Surely it must be true if the sky sports commentary team says so...

I could see why it could feel unfair to drop Pears. He has definitely performed better than what most of us expected. Many wanted to never see him in a Rovers shirt again after his horror show against Wigan last season. However, Kaminski is a better keeper and Pears recent performances should not be enough to keep Kaminski out of the team. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

When you say people, do you mean you ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

When you say people, do you mean you ?

People whether on here or other different Rovers related social media sites

18 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Chaddy speaks for everyone, didn't you know?

People have posted similar opinions to mine on here. Maybe try reading then 🤔

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

People whether on here or other different Rovers related social media sites

People have posted similar opinions to mine on here. Maybe try reading then 🤔

I think this thread demonstrates how divided we are about TK and Pears. Yes TK is our no.1 and has done well over the years but got injured and although Pears had a clanger against Wigan which our fanbase won't forget he had done alright deputising for TK so much so it's hard to justify dropping him for the final few games. Let's see how he performs tonight eh

5 minutes ago, Neilbristol said:

I think this thread demonstrates how divided we are about TK and Pears. Yes TK is our no.1 and has done well over the years but got injured and although Pears had a clanger against Wigan which our fanbase won't forget he had done alright deputising for TK so much so it's hard to justify dropping him for the final few games. Let's see how he performs tonight eh

People keep mentioning Pears clanger from last season but very happy to forget and forgive Kaminski clangers from this season 

• Like 1

No room for sentiment in football chaddy, pears has been ok, as others have said, has he been outstanding? I don’t recall amazing match winning saves, we needed a few of them. 
I just look at the Coventry goal and would feel more confident in kaminski dealing with it than pears , he doesn’t like crosses dropped in near him. I don’t want the passing round the back anyway so that can go. 

if you want to have the best chance of winning you play your best players , kaminski is the better keeper. I think it’s been a mistake keeping pears in this long. He reminds me of Jason Steele , can look ok , not spectacular but you just feel there is a mistake waiting 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Neilbristol said:

Think TK would have done better tonight?

With what? 

5 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

No room for sentiment in football chaddy, pears has been ok, as others have said, has he been outstanding? I don’t recall amazing match winning saves, we needed a few of them. 
I just look at the Coventry goal and would feel more confident in kaminski dealing with it than pears , he doesn’t like crosses dropped in near him. I don’t want the passing round the back anyway so that can go. 

if you want to have the best chance of winning you play your best players , kaminski is the better keeper. I think it’s been a mistake keeping pears in this long. He reminds me of Jason Steele , can look ok , not spectacular but you just feel there is a mistake waiting 

Pears has more good enough for me and deserves to keep his place. 

Yes you might not want to play football from the back but JDT does. 

You mean Steele who had played for Brighton in the PL