BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pears/ Kaminski.. summer plans?

On 09/04/2023 at 17:00, Trinidad Rover said:

Kaminski should start, from tomorrow.

Pears has done a good job but in my opinion, Kaminski is a better goalkeeper and has been over a longer period. Has better pedigree too when we come to flog him.

How do we do a poll then?! 

TK  or Pears...

“First of all, everyone in the building wants to play.

‘You can only make 11 happy and then there will be a lot of disappointed players.

“The important thing with those players if they put their ego to the side because they’re thinking about the team.

“I think we can see that with the togetherness we have within the squad and of course Thomas, I have two great goalies and both of them deserve to stand in the goal.

“You have conversations with the players who are playing, those aren’t playing, and you are concrete with what you expect and what you want to see as staff and as a coach.

“I would always say that I have talks with players. You need to make connections with players and also be concrete about what you want to see on the pitch.”

• Like 2

I suspect Pears' better distribution is swaying the decision.

It is also sending a message that when you get a first team chance, you get a proper chance.

Really important when there are so many Academy hopefuls they don't make their debut as a bundle of nerves thinking the 15 minutes off the bench is the only opportunity they might ever get.

Must be hugely frustrating for TK though and I suspect he might move on in the summer with mutual thanks and appreciation. 

• Like 2

Kaminski is a better keeper and ultimately it is not about sending messages but sending out our best team.

If he goes in the summer then it is a huge loss of even more of the remaining limited experience and no money forthcoming from the owners who are "better than 90% in the EFL" to replace him.

Goalkeeper is not the same as any other position. Our academy hopefuls suddenly becoming a bundle of nerves due to potential lack of opportunity based on if Kaminski comes back in when considering the general age of the team would be bizarre.

• Like 2

Since Kaminski's poor performance at Burnley he went on to concede 16 goals in seven league matches and as I recall was directly responsible for a good number of them. Pears has conceded 12 goals in 12 league games.

I see absolutely no reason for Pears to be dropped in favour of Kaminski. His errors have been fewer and he simply doesn't take the risks Kaminski does when passing the ball out.

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Since Kaminski's poor performance at Burnley he went on to concede 16 goals in seven league matches and as I recall was directly responsible for a good number of them. Pears has conceded 12 goals in 12 league games.

I see absolutely no reason for Pears to be dropped in favour of Kaminski. His errors have been fewer and he simply doesn't take the risks Kaminski does when passing the ball out.

All valid points. Seems like a lot of fans on the hull thread want TK back... I'm torn as I do rate him, he is our no.1 etc. But pears hasn't done anything worth dropping for at the moment and your points above suggest TK wasn't on top form.. so am tempted to stick with Pears for now

• Like 1

Then in a run hopefully to finish in top 6 again next season TK picks up one of his regular knocks or loses form and we throw an untested kid in ?

No thanks, long time since we've had two good keepers vying for no 1 spot and it has played its part in us -so far- maintaining a challenge.  Is it really worth weakening the bench to save a few per week at best ?

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Neilbristol said:

Think we will sell one of these two this summer?

If we do sell one of them in the summer, which of our young keepers is going to be willing to spend much, if not all of the season, on the bench ? Sub keeper can be a bit of a poisoned chalice.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Neilbristol said:

How you figure?

He didn't even concede last night..

Pears is so indecisive, and that is transmitted to the players infront of him. He has no command of his box, a lot of times he doesn't seem to call for the ball, and when he does call, it seems like the outfield players don't trust him. You don't have to concede to have a bad game. Same as you can concede and still have a good game.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Pears is so indecisive, and that is transmitted to the players infront of him. He has no command of his box, a lot of times he doesn't seem to call for the ball, and when he does call, it seems like the outfield players don't trust him. You don't have to concede to have a bad game. Same as you can concede and still have a good game.

Think you’re being a bit harsh there rigger. Hyam and Carter had their worst game. Hyam took out Pickering on the second half and their loss of control and poor passing was evident all through the game. The whole team are not mentally strong enough. The young players will learn from this experience.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

Think you’re being a bit harsh there rigger. Hyam and Carter had their worst game. Hyam took out Pickering on the second half and their loss of control and poor passing was evident all through the game. The whole team are not mentally strong enough. The young players will learn from this experience.

Harsh but true.