BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pears/ Kaminski.. summer plans?

9 hours ago, scotchrover said:

The second? Absolutely appalling keeping. It cost us a goal. The third was debatable too. I think he got beat way too easily. 

If we’re aiming for promotion next season, Pears needs to be the first out the door. 

A bit harsh haha

Agree both goals his fault alongside Pickering. However not first out the door. There are many others who can leave before him..

Are we aiming for promotion or is this a project to turn youth into profit 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, scotchrover said:

The second? Absolutely appalling keeping. It cost us a goal. The third was debatable too. I think he got beat way too easily. 

If we’re aiming for promotion next season, Pears needs to be the first out the door. 

The second goal, Pears shouts for the ball and yet Pickering still heads it as and the third goal Pickering should have closed down earlier but allow him to push into the box. 

48 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The second goal, Pears shouts for the ball and yet Pickering still heads it as and the third goal Pickering should have closed down earlier but allow him to push into the box. 

Next season, assume we have both. Who starts the opening game?

25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Next season, assume we have both. Who starts the opening game?

That's a tough question to answer. I have a think and get back to you with an answer 

big fan of Kaminski but I don't think he would have done any better than Pears has done in games and I don't think Pears has done anything massively wrong in games. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don’t think he did. Speaking as someone who played in goal, if you’re coming out, everyone on the pitch knows, and you take everything with you. The fact he’s done it a couple times suggests he doesn’t communicate well enough. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

I don’t think he did. Speaking as someone who played in goal, if you’re coming out, everyone on the pitch knows, and you take everything with you. The fact he’s done it a couple times suggests he doesn’t communicate well enough. 

Sky cameras clearly shown Pears shouting for the ball. 

I already played in goal so you are correct in what you say coming out and being clear and loud with the shouts 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I already played in goal so you are correct in what you say coming out and being clear and loud with the shouts 

He did shout so the shambles is on Pickering but he should still have saved the shot

Spoke to a guy who spotted Kaminsky on the train coming back from Millwall, sat in first class, said he was very approachable and gave his lad his gloves and shirt, asked him if he would still be at Rovers next season, and replied only if he was No 1.

Said he needed to be first choice to keep in the Belgian squad, and thought he was the best goalkeeper at the club, without being arrogant. He said Pears has done a decent job since he’s been injured but expected to be back as No 1.

So basically down to the manager, but if he isn’t no 1 he’s definitely off.

Could probably get a few million for him and that might be what the manager is thinking to bolster his transfer kitty for other positions.

Be interesting to see which way it goes…

• Like 3

On 09/05/2023 at 19:20, chaddyrovers said:

He does shout for it, why is he coming out to (I presume) head a ball clear 30 yards from his goal when the striker is nowhere near it and a recognised outfield defender is right under it.

It was a bad decision by Pears. Pickering was probably, in that split second, confused as to why the keeper was shouting for a ball when he expected him to be 15 yards further back in his own area.

The blame is pretty even between both for me. 

Pears did a far better job than I expected and certainly didn't let us down. But over the course of a season I just think Kaminsky is better.

Edited by Hasta

Kaminski is without doubt a good keeper but these days its about being a good footballer too. IMO, of the two, Pears is far more comfortable with the ball at his feet and more accurate with his passing and distance kicking. 

A good postition to be in to have two good keepers but clearly neither will want to be on the bench for any length of time. 

To just promote Pears to perm number 1 now and let TK go whilst bringing in or promoting another rookie as number 2 would be insane at this moment in time.

It would come back and bite us badly at some point and would show very little planning or brains.

Until his bad spell and injury Tommy K was amongst the best few keepers in the div since he came here. Without doubt our best keeper since Robinson still had some gas in the tank.

If someone is offering good money for either then fair enough sell one and reinvest otherwise let them fight it out next season. Loan options are always there in Jan but i wouldn't decide anything before then.

• Like 2

Kaminski is the better 'keeper hands down. He's also bigger and has much more a presence about him. I think there were a few occasions that Pears seemed to make bad decisions. The 1st goal conceded vs Norwich where he basically stood on his line is a prime example of this.

Kaminski HAS to be No.1. I'd be interested to see points per game with and without him between the sticks.

• Like 5

Kaminski is by far the better goalkeeper. The only thing I can't tell is whether we improved in our passing from the back with Pears, or whether we had just improved on it anyway and it was coincidental Pears was there at the time

I remember a couple of passes that Kaminski did which put the midfielder under pressure and we conceded. One to Travis sticks in my mind...think it was against PNE too!

But it would be a moment of madness if we sell Kaminski and replace him with Pears. Pears should be happy to be our #2. He's decent back up but you'd back Kaminski to make the big saves over him. Although Pears has surprised me and if anything I'd be looking to get a couple of hundred thousand for him whilst his stock is relatively high and move on

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Kaminski is by far the better goalkeeper. The only thing I can't tell is whether we improved in our passing from the back with Pears, or whether we had just improved on it anyway and it was coincidental Pears was there at the time

I remember a couple of passes that Kaminski did which put the midfielder under pressure and we conceded. One to Travis sticks in my mind...think it was against PNE too!

But it would be a moment of madness if we sell Kaminski and replace him with Pears. Pears should be happy to be our #2. He's decent back up but you'd back Kaminski to make the big saves over him. Although Pears has surprised me and if anything I'd be looking to get a couple of hundred thousand for him whilst his stock is relatively high and move on

I'd send him out on loan and then bring him back as potentially number 1 when Kaminski goes.