BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pears/ Kaminski.. summer plans?

5 hours ago, rigger said:

Pears is so indecisive, and that is transmitted to the players infront of him. He has no command of his box, a lot of times he doesn't seem to call for the ball, and when he does call, it seems like the outfield players don't trust him. You don't have to concede to have a bad game. Same as you can concede and still have a good game.

Pears did fine yesterday and he was right to stay on his line and allow Pickering to do deal with the player. Hyam's recent performances are more of concern for me. Carter looks good to me. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pears did fine yesterday and he was right to stay on his line and allow Pickering to do deal with the player. Hyam's recent performances are more of concern for me. Carter looks good to me. 

Yeh it's a challenge when the CBs play poor and make the GK come out. He was looking frustrated. However I don't think Tk would be passing it around with such ease. I think JDT will stick with Pears for Coventry 

The basis of tippy tappy at the back is that the keeper is a footballer first and plays like a Beckenbauer who can use his hands at certain times.

His job description does not include staying on the goal line.

This is why Steele, useless at being a conventional keeper is in the first 11 at Brighton.

Neither of ours are that good at being Beckenbauer.

25 minutes ago, Neilbristol said:

Yeh it's a challenge when the CBs play poor and make the GK come out. He was looking frustrated. However I don't think Tk would be passing it around with such ease. I think JDT will stick with Pears for Coventry 

I would stick with Pears. 

Would Kaminski done any better? Not for me. He would probably taken more risks if anything 

• Like 1

On 16/04/2023 at 22:07, AllRoverAsia said:

The basis of tippy tappy at the back is that the keeper is a footballer first and plays like a Beckenbauer who can use his hands at certain times.

This is why Steele, useless at being a conventional keeper is in the first 11 at Brighton.

Christ, Steele has forced his way into the Brighton first 11?!

• Like 1

On 16/04/2023 at 22:07, AllRoverAsia said:

Surely there's still the requirement for this sort of keeper to y'know catch the ball or stop a shot on the odd occasion? Given Steele can do neither I'm a tad surprised he's in. 

Mind you his kicking was pretty poor as I recall too. Remember number of goal kicks/clearances going out for throw ins. 

Has Pears made a load of ricks? No, not particularly, but is he as good a goalkeeper? Also, no, so why is our best goalkeeper not playing in a run in that could transform this football club in just a month’s time?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Has Pears made a load of ricks? No, not particularly, but is he as good a goalkeeper? Also, no, so why is our best goalkeeper not playing in a run in that could transform this football club in just a month’s time?

Kaminski was not filling me any sort of confidence before he got injured, maybe the two are linked to be fair. This for me is damned if you do damned if you don't scenario. Play Kaminski and he drops a clanger, Pears should play and vice versa. 

• Like 1

I think JDT prefers Pears ability with his feet, and thinks hes good enough with his hands, so we're going to sell Kaminski. Just gut feel, but if he preferred Kaminski to be the long term number 1 he would be back in already as Pears has made enough minor mistakes to be dropped.

Dont think Kaminski will fancy being backup and there will be a decent amount of suitors.

For what it's worth I think Kaminski is the better keeper but can see why his ability with his feet is a significant issue given the risks we want to take with the ball at the back.

Edited by joey_big_nose

46 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I think JDT prefers Pears ability with his feet, and thinks hes good enough with his hands, so we're going to sell Kaminski. Just gut feel, but if he preferred Kaminski to be the long term number 1 he would be back in already as Pears has made enough minor mistakes to be dropped.

Dont think Kaminski will fancy being backup and there will be a decent amount of suitors.

For what it's worth I think Kaminski is the better keeper but can see why his ability with his feet is a significant issue given the risks we want to take with the ball at the back.

Think that is the way we will be playing going forward which means GK and CBs who can pass it around. Watching arsenal last night and seeing the calamity Ramsdale from his poor pass it's always a huge risk playing from the back. Think TK could do it given some time on the training ground?

De Gea gave this week's finest example of a keeper pretending he can play with his feet.

It causes goals to be conceded every week in the PL, the top league in world football, and yet we still think we have players capable of playing tippy tappy. We don't.

Lunacy and a managers vanity project more interested in his own CV than club progress.

• Like 1

The eye test suggests TK is better than Pears for me.

There's been a lot of occasions recently where it doesn't seem to take much to beat Pears. McBurnie at Sheff, Coventry's equaliser about 3 yards out, both goals vs Huddersfield. You're left looking at it thinking it seems a bit easy to beat him and he rarely, if EVER, catches a cross from a corner or free kick.

He's made his fair share of saves as you'd expect, he's not a bad goalkeeper at all, he's just not as good as Kaminski.