BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pears/ Kaminski.. summer plans?

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

They have one shot on target and scored. Nothing Pears could do but his overall performance was good, Communicating, making decisions to keep long or short. 

He has good game. 

You mention these moments of indecisions but Kaminski had them before his injury. 

You attitude is form doesn't matter, would you put Kaminski back in goal for Luton and Millwall game? 

You know I would, you keep asking me.

Kaminski is the better keeper, he was outstanding up until the weeks in which he was carrying an injury to which he eventually broke down.

My attitude isn't that form doesn't matter, I just don't think that Pears is as good and I don't think you could describe his performances as outstanding. 

Bemusing to me people who say Pears has out performed or form doesn't count for anything. Pears has been an improvement on his own performances previously. He isn't anywhere near TK level at all. The only reason why I would potentially keep Pears in goal is that i would rather have an average keeper and invest in other parts of the pitch. 

18 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

Bemusing to me people who say Pears has out performed or form doesn't count for anything. Pears has been an improvement on his own performances previously. He isn't anywhere near TK level at all. The only reason why I would potentially keep Pears in goal is that i would rather have an average keeper and invest in other parts of the pitch. 

A top class keeper wins you games. 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Kaminski is the better keeper, he was outstanding up until the weeks in which he was carrying an injury to which he eventually broke down.

My attitude isn't that form doesn't matter, I just don't think that Pears is as good and I don't think you could describe his performances as outstanding. 

Pears form hasn't been outstanding but its been steady away and constant 7 every week. 

I leave it them there

• Like 1

Although at first I really respected JDT for sticking with Pears initially as he excelled in his first bunch of games when Kamiski was injured, but I do think it was ANOTHER naive JDT mistake not to get Kamiski back in as first choice once Pears performances levelled out, he's been very average the past month or so and let in a few soft goals, solid back up keeper but not a number 1 if you want to get promoted.

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 5

TK is a better GK in the old school sense.

Pears appears better regarding distribution and with the ball at his feet.

I’d prefer TK but if Pears can improve his decision making then I could understand if TK was sold for a few million.

edit: i can understand selling him but i wouldn”t if promotion is actually the aim 

Edited by Roverthechimp

Getting rid of an experienced, reassuring goalkeeper that has won us many points and would have won player of the season by a landslide had he not been hindered by an injury for a few weeks that eventually caused him to break down in favour of a bang average keeper is modern day Blackburn Rovers to a tee. Especially when we could potentially downgrade to Pears AND be left with totally inexperienced alternatives should Pears start to make mistakes leading to goals or get injured himself.

I feel like a mistake with Pears is in the post, very lucky that it didn't come v Luton when he totally misjudged that cross. He has been in the main well protected but he doesn't keep us in games and there are often moments of indecision that have tended to thankfully only result in unnecessary throw ins and corners conceded amidst anything but total confidence in him from his defenders.

He is a good solid back up, is it asking too much to have a good keeper in Kaminski and a reliable stand in?

• Like 4

My theory is that we're sticking with AP to give him gametime and sell in the summer. I think it's clear TK is the better keeper but Pears hasn't quite done enough to justify dropping without going against JDTs policy of "keep a spot if you've earned it"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Getting rid of an experienced, reassuring goalkeeper that has won us many points and would have won player of the season by a landslide had he not been hindered by an injury for a few weeks that eventually caused him to break down in favour of a bang average keeper is modern day Blackburn Rovers to a tee.

Is it a fact TK's downturn in form was due to an injury? He was awful for quite a few matches before Pears took his place. 

And Pears is very vey average which makes you wonder why TK hasn't got his place back? .

Doesn't add up. 

2 hours ago, ElTwis said:

My theory is that we're sticking with AP to give him gametime and sell in the summer. I think it's clear TK is the better keeper but Pears hasn't quite done enough to justify dropping without going against JDTs policy of "keep a spot if you've earned it"

Even for modern day Rovers it would be illogical to pick our second best goalkeeper to try and generate a fee in the summer when we have been trying to secure a top 6 finish. Pears won't generate a significant fee, it will surely be a couple of hundred grand max for someone who could potentially be a regular in League 1 or at a push at a lower Championship side.

2 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Is it a fact TK's downturn in form was due to an injury? He was awful for quite a few matches before Pears took his place. 

And Pears is very vey average which makes you wonder why TK hasn't got his place back? .

Doesn't add up. 

Tomasson said he was carrying the injury before he broke down with it fully so it must have played a part. 

I would agree that it doesn't add up why Kaminski hasn't displace Pears who has been ok but not undroppable. Hopefully there is no intention to sell Kaminski in the summer but I do fear that. The only other thing I could speculate is maybe Pears is popular within the squad and it might impact the dressing room? Kaminski is undoubtedly the better keeper.

If it is because Tomasson wants players to buy in to the idea that as long as your form doesnt dip then you keep the shirt then it isnt a policy that has been consistent.

6 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

My conclusion is that they're edging TK out because they want to sell him.

JDT knows the venkys won't invest. So he has to sell to buy. This is a good suggestion 

6 hours ago, Roverthechimp said:

TK is a better GK in the old school sense.

Pears appears better regarding distribution and with the ball at his feet.

I’d prefer TK but if Pears can improve his decision making then I could understand if TK was sold for a few million.

edit: i can understand selling him but i wouldn”t if promotion is actually the aim 

Think pears is more coachable for JDT and his staff. Think we will see him develop those skills over the next few years.

Probably cheaper to keep Pears if we can sell TK. We know venkys love to sell our good players when they can

On 27/04/2023 at 17:43, roversfan99 said:

I think a few of Pears' performances have been outstanding. But it's interesting to note that our results when TK was playing, and when Pears was playing, are night and day. Even though we have looked a better footballing side, results have been much worse overall with Pears. There are 10 other players in our team, but that does suggest it may be connected.

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

???

what did Pears do wrong with any of those goals? 

The second? Absolutely appalling keeping. It cost us a goal. The third was debatable too. I think he got beat way too easily. 

If we’re aiming for promotion next season, Pears needs to be the first out the door. 

Edited by scotchrover
  • Like 3