BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pears/ Kaminski.. summer plans?

10 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Keep both as they are both capable keepers. Especially now as Pears seems to have improved somewhat. 

Do you think they will both be happy to stay and fight it out? Considering we just extended all the youth GK contracts?

2 minutes ago, Neilbristol said:

Do you think they will both be happy to stay and fight it out? Considering we just extended all the youth GK contracts?

If they are professional enough and committed enough then yes. Kaminski will have to wait until JDT thinks Pears is struggling. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aqualung said:

If they are professional enough and committed enough then yes. Kaminski will have to wait until JDT thinks Pears is struggling. 

i think they both are and both have their individual strengths but if a club came calling in the summer and offered ££ who would we sell first?

Kaminski is our best keeper even if it is understandable that Pears has the gloves at the moment. Pears is a solid back up but wouldnt generate much money.

Keep them both, 100%. If Pears really wants out, then sign an experienced number 2 and reluctantly sell. No having kids as the number 2.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Neilbristol said:

Listening to the "what now" 4000 Holes Podcast today got me thinking....

Pears and Kaminski... What should we do this summer? Keep both? Sell one? If so who?  Who will be no.1 next season and going forward?

Its a very interesting debate and guess it will depends what division we are in next season. If we are PL then I think both would stay but if we are in the championship then I think one will move on with Hilton moving the number 2 keeper perhaps

• Like 3

Hilton is 23 years old and given that he has signed 2 year contract here will surely meant he will be number 2 next season if we are the championship next season. or number 3 if we reach the PL. 

We haven't just given our number 3 or 4 choice keepers just be squad fillers for the next 2 years, 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

We tried to sign a keeper in January. That suggests we'll try again in the summer.

I believe the idea was to give Pears a loan with a view to creating value. May be wrong but he has 12 months left on his contract in June. 

If he signs on he won't expect to be benched again. And if he stays in the team TK will understandably want to move on. TK would probably fetch more and reduce the wage budget more but I still think of him as the better keeper. Pears has had a good few months but need at least half a year with the same performance level to have full confidence he can be number 1 next season. 

• Like 5

TK has realistic Belgian international honours aspirations so a place on Rovers bench is definitely not in his plans.

The world would be very different if we win the play offs. Then the question becomes which if either has the mental and physical strength to withstand the coconut shy of a PL relegation fight.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alex l said:

I believe the idea was to give Pears a loan with a view to creating value. May be wrong but he has 12 months left on his contract in June. 

If he signs on he won't expect to be benched again. And if he stays in the team TK will understandably want to move on. TK would probably fetch more and reduce the wage budget more but I still think of him as the better keeper. Pears has had a good few months but need at least half a year with the same performance level to have full confidence he can be number 1 next season. 

Yes, as soon as the Pears loan deal fell through we could no longer afford the Haikin deal. He didn't last long anyway at Brizzle and has already left. 

Sharpe has already indicated TK and Pears will both want to be No1 next season. If Pears signs a new contract then it suggest the club may be willing to sell TK in the summer.

I suppose the real question is does JDT want either of them to be his No1? 

• Like 1

On 07/04/2023 at 08:32, davulsukur said:

TK is our number 1 and the better keeper. Pears has done well to get the gloves but it would be madness to finally get a decent keeper after the likes of Steele and Walton and then sell him.

Keep both unless Pears wants out, in which case, sell him.

On 07/04/2023 at 09:26, philipl said:

TK has realistic Belgian international honours aspirations so a place on Rovers bench is definitely not in his plans.

The world would be very different if we win the play offs. Then the question becomes which if either has the mental and physical strength to withstand the coconut shy of a PL relegation fight.

After 3 losses on the bounce, without Pears at fault for any of the 6 goals conceded.. should TK come back to the fold with potential play off at risk?

On 07/04/2023 at 10:28, Sweaty Gussets said:

Yes, as soon as the Pears loan deal fell through we could no longer afford the Haikin deal. He didn't last long anyway at Brizzle and has already left. 

Sharpe has already indicated TK and Pears will both want to be No1 next season. If Pears signs a new contract then it suggest the club may be willing to sell TK in the summer.

I suppose the real question is does JDT want either of them to be his No1? 

I don’t see either commanding much of a fee, so whatever the outcome it won’t really help any wheeling and dealing funds or budget.

2 hours ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I don’t see either commanding much of a fee, so whatever the outcome it won’t really help any wheeling and dealing funds or budget.

Probably not. TK is contracted until 2025 so if either were to command a decent fee it would be him. 

We need Raya to be sold for £40m and then we're quids in!

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Keep both it's a no brainer for me unless someone is offering a big fee for one of them.

We don't need the hassle of rooting around for another keeper when other areas are desperate for attention.

I think it's more a case that Pears and TK want 1st team football and won't be happy on the bench. 

18 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Probably not. TK is contracted until 2025 so if either were to command a decent fee it would be him. 

We need Raya to be sold for £40m and then we're quids in!

I think it's more a case that Pears and TK want 1st team football and won't be happy on the bench. 

All part and parcel of the job and if they are vying for the no 1 spot we'll get the best out of them.

Wouldn't want to be rotating keepers but Kaminsky does have a habit of getting injured so Pears would get his chance again.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

All part and parcel of the job and if they are vying for the no 1 spot we'll get the best out of them.

Wouldn't want to be rotating keepers but Kaminsky does have a habit of getting injured so Pears would get his chance again.  

Yep, just repeating what Sharpe believes to be the case. 

• Like 1