BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pears/ Kaminski.. summer plans?

4 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Fair play to Pears; didn’t let us down and has earned a new deal. That being said, IMO Kaminski is the better keeper and I fear this is another cost saving exercise by the club to get TK out and promote from within / on the cheap.

or JDT wants Pears as number 1 for next season

58 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Stopped us going 2-0 down in 12mins vs Leicester tbf.

excellent point Mike. He hasn't let the team down in any games. 

We've been told there'll be more cuts in summer which to me is Nixon assuming BBD, Ayala, Dack will be off the payroll with only a fraction of those wages being allowed next season.

We also now have a DoF who might have the remit to create his own wiggle room and he won't want a 15k a week keeper sat on the bench.

There is also the keeper who JDT wanted to bring in on a free but it fell through, didn't he sign a 12 month contract with someone ?  That might resurface again ?

• Backroom

If Pears is being extended as our backup keeper, no problem. He's proven himself capable.

If he's being primed as our #1 with Kaminski departing then you can't help but think it doesn't bode well for the summer, and JDT's comments about us having no money were in fact the truth, rather than a ploy to supposedly trick other clubs into thinking we're rattling around with a begging bowl whilst having a wad of cash in reserve.

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

There is also the keeper who JDT wanted to bring in on a free but it fell through, didn't he sign a 12 month contract with someone ?  That might resurface again ?

He went to Bristol City then left after a few months to return to Norway (?). He was going to be signed by JDT to allow Pears to go on loan in January, but I think the Pears deal fell through. 

44 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Maybe Tomasson doesn't want that but the decision has been taken out of his hands. Or maybe he does want Pears in net and I know this is frowned upon, but the manager might be wrong in his judgement!

Rovers AREN'T going to force anything on JDT and Maybe it's actually JDT who wants Pears as number 1 next season. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

If Pears is being extended as our backup keeper, no problem. He's proven himself capable.

If he's being primed as out #1 with Kaminski departing then you can't help but think it doesn't bode well for the summer, and JDT's comments about us having no money were in fact the truth, rather than a ploy to supposedly trick other clubs into thinking we're rattling around with a begging bowl whilst having a wad of cash in reserve.

Kaminski might have asked to leave? Or he may be a waste of a wage if JDT thinks Pears is better?

I suppose we'll find out as the summer progresses if there is any money to be spent. 

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Nikita Haikin is that player. He signed for Bristol City then 2 months left moved back to FK Bodø/Glimt on a 3 years contract

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers AREN'T going to force anything on JDT and Maybe it's actually JDT who wants Pears as number 1 next season. Maybe that is actually the situation instead of trying to imply such nonsense like above 

So you can speculate but he can’t?

• Like 1

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers AREN'T going to force anything on JDT and Maybe it's actually JDT who wants Pears as number 1 next season. Maybe that is actually the situation instead of trying to imply such nonsense like above 

No need for that last line Chaddy. Let's keep things civil. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How do you know? I never said he has, but maybe he has been told to cut the wage bill, so keep the cheap back up and sell the proven, experienced and quality keeper likely on much higher wages.

22 minutes ago, DE. said:

No need for that last line Chaddy. Let's keep things civil. 

I have deleted that part of the post. My point was I see this decision being from JDT saying he wants Pears as number 2 and I don't see GB forcing anything on him. 

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have deleted that part of the post. My point was I see this decision being from JDT saying he wants Pears as number 2 and I don't see GB forcing anything on him. 

No problem with that, just try and keep a level head 👍

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

How do you know? I never said he has, but maybe he has been told to cut the wage bill, so keep the cheap back up and sell the proven, experienced and quality keeper likely on much higher wages.

my opinion. JDT didn't put Kaminski back into the team when he could have done but stay with Pears along. 

Maybe Kaminski wants to leave this summer given Rich Sharpe's comments today, I don't know. None of us know what Kaminski might want to do. We find out over the summer. 

I don't GB pushing or forcing anything on JDT and that isn't how the DoF/head coach structure. This isn't American sports where they Director of Basketball for example signs the players and its down to the Head coach to fit them in and build a team style of play to suit them for example. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

my opinion. JDT didn't put Kaminski back into the team when he could have done but stay with Pears along. 

Maybe Kaminski wants to leave this summer given Rich Sharpe's comments today, I don't know. None of us know what Kaminski might want to do. We find out over the summer. 

I don't GB pushing or forcing anything on JDT and that isn't how the DoF/head coach structure. This isn't American sports where they Director of Basketball for example signs the players and its down to the Head coach to fit them in and build a team style of play to suit them for example. 

I never said specifically that Broughton would do anything, although I think you are naive to assume that there is NO WAY that they could ever disagree on a decision. I meant it is more likely that budget cuts have forced the issue. 

I would like an answer on who YOU think is the better keeper, have you decided?

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I never said specifically that Broughton would do anything, although I think you are naive to assume that there is NO WAY that they could ever disagree on a decision. I meant it is more likely that budget cuts have forced the issue. 

What do you mean disagree on a decision? 

Budget cuts? none of us know

what happens if JDT wants Pears as his number 1. Maybe Kaminski wanted to leave. None of us know. 

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I would like an answer on who YOU think is the better keeper, have you decided?

both have different strengths and I would be happy with either. Hard to pick one for me, But given that Pears did well in the spell he played and I would stick with him for the first Championship game

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What do you mean disagree on a decision? 

Budget cuts? none of us know

what happens if JDT wants Pears as his number 1. Maybe Kaminski wanted to leave. None of us know. 

both have different strengths and I would be happy with either. Hard to pick one for me, But given that Pears did well in the spell he played and I would stick with him for the first Championship game

I never said that I do know!

IF Tomasson has said I want Pears as number 1, then I think he has made a monumental, point costing decision to go for a massively inferior player.

IF budget cuts have caused this decision, I think those budget cuts have already begun to hinder us on the pitch and give us an inferior team. 

IF Kaminski does stay and Pears has signed but will be number 2, I will be very happy.

• Like 3

• Backroom

“But he made some decent saves”

He’s a goalkeeper, it’s literally his job, a job he’s done ok enough in but no more than that

• Like 5

I'd say that Pears isn't of sufficient quality for a promotion-winning side.

But Jason Steele is first choice for a top 10 Premier League club and I was convinced that I was a better GK than him, not too many years ago.

So what the fuck do I know.

• Like 3