BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pears/ Kaminski.. summer plans?

3 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Or he’s impressing in training… (I reckon you’re right!)

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Was 4th in line the other day. Think they're just mixing up bench duties.

Courtois (1st choice) apparently threw a strop between the 2 fixtures and refused to play in, or even travel to the Estonina fixture because the Belgium Manager picked Lukaku as captain instead of him, so unless his temper tantrum means that he is walking away from International football altogether (which is possible), it is likely that Kaminski's promotion is only temporary

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65957261

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

Much discussion in the transfer thread about the merits and shortcomings of each...A question was raised about how many points pears cost us.  Two of the biggest.  Right prior to the famed Hedges chip Pears collected the ball.  He immediately booted it long and right into touch surrendering possession.  Now, had he held the ball for sometime then fed the ball to feet the Hedges chop may not have even had tome to happen.  Vey expensive niavety.  Just to add, I am OK keeping either one or both.  Kaminsky better shot stopper but Pears moves the ball with his feet better.  We need a keeper good at both.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 2

You have two decent defenders, one of them is exceptional at last minute tackles but passes the ball straight to the opposition midfield or plays a teammate into trouble 30% more than the other. Those last minute tackles do save a lot of goals though.

Who you picking?

A stretched analogy yeah but it’s funny how people act so obtuse as if distribution doesn’t matter.

I’m fairly happy with either, but Kaminski was poor for a of last season, throwing in a few Pears would’ve been crucified for - and if he was injured he shouldn’t have been playing. Flip side is, TK would’ve saved the winning goal in the FA Cup semi.

DECISIONS DECISIONS

27 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

What has Pears done with his feet that makes everyone think's he's amazing with them?!

Nothing at all.

Imo TK was over confident with the ball at the back and overdid it at times trying to draw opposition on - clearly under instruction from the coaches. This sometimes caused panic amongst our own players clearly trying to get to grips with this new style being imposed.

Pears comes in an doesn't look as confident doing that so naturally gets rid of it simpler and doesn't hold onto to it as long - clearly under new instruction from the coaches.  Players, especially minus Ayala, seem more comfortable with this and in turn don't put him under the same pressure.

The assumption is he's better with the ball but it's also only fair to assume Kaminsky would've adapted as the season went on and tactics changed slightly (which they did).

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 4

The Kaminski was poor last season thing keeps cropping up which must either be recency bias or confirmation bias to justify what is expected to happen. Kaminski was superb until those last few games, keeping us in games as the stats reflect.

The disparity between the superiority Kaminski as in terms of shot stopping and command of his box far outweighs Pears being a bit better with his feet.

• Like 1

Having exhaustively critiqued Pears based on one incident of not dominating his six-yard box for a cross and neglecting to clean out the goal scorer, he could surely learn from repeated viewings of Burnleh’s first at the Turd when TK, errrm, stayed rooted to his line, watched a free header go past him before being thoroughly cleaned out by a Sunday League dolloper. 

Edited by Exiled in Toronto Mk2
  • Like 2

Kaminski had some ups and downs this season (as did Pears). I felt that way before his supposed injury that he was playing through. I think he had better seasons in the previous two campaigns, but he still shows his quality.

I'm of a simple opinion. Kaminski is good, and Pears has the potential to get to that level. Let's just remember that he is still very young for a 'keeper, and while there is an argument to be had that he may not be reliable enough for a promotion push, I think he will develop into a good 'un.

The conundrum here is that neither of them would be happy sat on the bench, and I'm not convinced Pears would now be happy with a loan move to the lower leagues. He's already shown (in my opinion) that he can play at Championship level.

I'm happy with both of them to be honest. It would be nice if we didn't have to deal with this part of the squad, but I suspect something will have to give (likely Kaminski).

Pears has gotten some very unjustified pelters on here

The strange thing is that nobody has argued he is a better goalkeeper than Kaminski. But the situations that posters have chosen to highlight - the Millwall goal and the Coventry goal - are not at all examples of Pears mistake. They are, perhaps, the closest to a mistake he made since he stepped in for Kaminski

Pears has had all sorts from his glove work to his charisma (weirdly) slated. It just seems unnecessary to me. Is Thomas Kaminski that irreplaceable? We got him for less than a £1m. He made mistakes too

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The Kaminski was poor last season thing keeps cropping up which must either be recency bias or confirmation bias to justify what is expected to happen.

So if highlighting Kaminski's mistakes comes under 'confirmation bias' then what does highlighting Pears' mistakes come under?

Edited by Dreams of 1995

This thing has taken on a narrative of its own, Kaminsky is Jason Lowe with his feet whilst Pears is akin to Tugay with the ball !!!

Top and bottom of it is TK is by far the better mon with his hands, a vital stat for a keeper, whilst Pears is a bit more decisive with his footwork which JDT seemed to prefer.

Nobody would expect Pears to be as good as Tommy though seeing as he is only at the start of his journey. We need to remember that Raya always looked a quality keeper in the making and was an instant improvement on Steele but then ended up getting dropped himself due to the wobbles.

Steven has a way to go yet so that's why i wouldn't be so quick to get Kaminsky out the door for less than 3 million AND another experienced guy coming in to fight it out with Pears.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

This thing has taken on a narrative of its own, Kaminsky is Jason Lowe with his feet whilst Pears is akin to Tugay with the ball !!!

Top and bottom of it is TK is by far the better mon with his hands, a vital stat for a keeper, whilst Pears is a bit more decisive with his footwork which JDT seemed to prefer.

Nobody would expect Pears to be as good as Tommy though seeing as he is only at the start of his journey. We need to remember that Raya always looked a quality keeper in the making and was an instant improvement on Steele but then ended up getting dropped himself due to the wobbles.

Steven has a way to go yet so that's why i wouldn't be so quick to get Kaminsky out the door for less than 3 million AND another experienced guy coming in to fight it out with Pears.

Who’s Steven????

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The strange thing is that nobody has argued he is a better goalkeeper than Kaminski. But the situations that posters have chosen to highlight - the Millwall goal and the Coventry goal - are not at all examples of Pears mistake. They are, perhaps, the closest to a mistake he made since he stepped in for Kaminski

Pears has had all sorts from his glove work to his charisma (weirdly) slated. It just seems unnecessary to me. Is Thomas Kaminski that irreplaceable? We got him for less than a £1m. He made mistakes too

So if highlighting Kaminski's mistakes comes under 'confirmation bias' then what does highlighting Pears' mistakes come under?

As far as I am concerned, Pears hasn't made loads of terrible errors, both of the ones you mention were errors but not terrible ones.

He just isn't as good all round, he doesn't keep us in games like Kaminski did many times this season.

So it's not just those errors that determine my opinion, unsure on others. 

No one has said that Kaminski is irreplaceable. But because he was so cheap, he was an excellent bit of business, there aren't loads of keepers of his quality at that price.

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The Kaminski was poor last season thing keeps cropping up which must either be recency bias or confirmation bias to justify what is expected to happen. Kaminski was superb until those last few games, keeping us in games as the stats reflect.

The disparity between the superiority Kaminski as in terms of shot stopping and command of his box far outweighs Pears being a bit better with his feet.

using stats when they in your favour but not when they aren't. 

Kaminski was good last season but made mistakes and he is far too 

3 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Pears has had all sorts from his glove work to his charisma (weirdly) slated. It just seems unnecessary to me.

100% Agreed there

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

As far as I am concerned, Pears hasn't made loads of terrible errors, both of the ones you mention were errors but not terrible ones.

no there weren't errors tho but the closest thing to almost being an error 

No one has said that Kaminski is irreplaceable. But because he was so cheap, he was an excellent bit of business, there aren't loads of keepers of his quality at that price.

The way you go on its almost like you think he is irreplaceable. He is deffo replaceable and also where we could use some of the money to improve the overall quality of this squad. 

"No one has said that Kaminski is irreplacable" = thinking he is irreplacable.

He was a brilliant bit of business and a bargain at £500k or whatever. He clearly is worth more hence why he will likely move on for considerable profit. Doesn't mean you can't find another for a similar price, but it is a small chance, proven by the fact that Kaminski himself is worth much more now.

• Like 3

"No one has said that Kaminski is irreplacable" = thinking he is irreplacable.

He was a brilliant bit of business and a bargain at £500k or whatever. He clearly is worth more hence why he will likely move on for considerable profit. Doesn't mean you can't find another for a similar price, but it is a small chance, proven by the fact that Kaminski himself is worth much more now.

We should be more than able to find a replacement for Kaminski with the money to compete with Pears

To compete with, ie as good as/at a similar level to Pears?

To compete with Pears for the number 1 jersey. No one is guaranteed their place in my opinion and the team comes first..

As good as Kaminski and better than Pears? Not impossible, but very difficult, especially if not all of the chunk of proceeds made available is needed elsewhere.

Rubbish. We have the recruitment team in place now and I know Rovers will have a list of replacements already scouted to replace him with(GB end of season interview) as we do with any players who might leave or be sold