BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pears/ Kaminski.. summer plans?

10 minutes ago, SBlue said:

Honestly don't think he's that bad that I'd stop going to games. Maybe just me then.

He never said it would stop him going to games. Just that he would like a refund of his season ticket money. I would also assume that the comment was made as a light quip, rather than an actuality.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Pears hasn't made a lot of mistakes recently, but he also doesn't make a lot of saves. He's just kind of there!

Millwall 2nd goal, Luton flapped at a corner when they hit the bar, Coventry not dealing with multiple crosses (goal scored from 2 yards out in the centre), Huddersfield 1st goal from the corner he came and flapped at the ball and missed. That's just the last 7 or so games.

Might be harsh to add Huddersfield second goal through his legs and Reading from 25 yards near post went down like the titanic.

In the interest of balance, there were a few Kaminski howlers too, Rotherham in particular springs to mind. 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 7

Pears earned a stay in the team and earned a new deal there's no question of that.

However putting recent distribution and dawdling too long on the ball issues aside, all down to the new style by the way, TK is by some way the better of the two.

Match winning, point earning, stopping things others don't then he is the man.

My personal opinion is if he'd been in the sticks and in his usual form we might well be a point or two better and still have something to play for now.

That's no slight on Pears at all but Kaminsky is that kind of keeper.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

I hope his wage reflects that he will be expected to warm the bench. I don't trust Pears at all, and I think it was a crucial mistake by JDT to not bring Kaminski back into the lineup after his injury. If Kaminski is sold, it would be so disappointing if we don't sign a new first choice keeper. It would be such an unambitious move.

• Like 2

I'm not Pears biggest fan, but in fairness he did enough to keep the shirt. The major howler I expected never came. The second goal of Millwall, the replay clearly showed him screaming for the ball, but Pickering elected his weak header anyway. 

He remind me of Jason Steele in some ways, just lacking the build and size to command the area. That's probably not Kaminski's biggest strength either, but he gives you a bit more confidence so I hope he reclaims the shirt in the summer.

I think overall we've got the best keeper and back up in the division, whichever one is the best. 

For the money we'd get and the hassle with getting one in, there isn't a lot of point in selling either of them.

JDTs challenge is to motivate them both to stay. 

Unless he or they have decided ones going.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, briansol said:

I'm not Pears biggest fan, but in fairness he did enough to keep the shirt. The major howler I expected never came. The second goal of Millwall, the replay clearly showed him screaming for the ball, but Pickering elected his weak header anyway. 

He remind me of Jason Steele in some ways, just lacking the build and size to command the area. That's probably not Kaminski's biggest strength either, but he gives you a bit more confidence so I hope he reclaims the shirt in the summer.

Poor man's Steele sound about right I guess. His positioning was awful for that goal. It's not like Pickering could have trusted him to deal with the situation. Overall he has let in some cheap goals and his inability to deal with crosses is obvious.

• Like 1

I wouldn't call him a poor mans Steele at all hes shown this season he is at least equal to him at a similar stage.

Steele is only where he is because he was a cheap British 3rd choice option who has veered between that and 2nd keeper for a few years before he landed an opportunity.

Wouldn't be surprised if Pears career followed a similar path and i doubt Steele will be a Prem number one for long but stranger things have happened.

• Like 1

Although not an unreasonable assumption, we don't know that Kaminski is being sold. 

I'd like to see them both pushing each other for that number 1 spot. If one does go I hope the fee is reflective of their ability. 1.5m for Pears, 2.5m + for Kaminski. 

• Backroom

Really, really poor decision if this sees TK leave, he’s head and shoulders above Pears who is simply an average keeper, which admittedly is a lot better than he looked previously.

I tend to think we never would have got relegated that season had Raya come into the team earlier and I think we would have made the playoffs this season if TK came back in earlier

With all the screams of handball (which is most likely was) for the Coventry equaliser, it was a corner that landed centrally about 4 yards out, that’s keepers ball any day of the week!

Dumbing down to the nth degree here 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, superniko said:

Millwall 2nd goal, Luton flapped at a corner when they hit the bar, Coventry not dealing with multiple crosses (goal scored from 2 yards out in the centre), Huddersfield 1st goal from the corner he came and flapped at the ball and missed. That's just the last 7 or so games.

Might be harsh to add Huddersfield second goal through his legs and Reading from 25 yards near post went down like the titanic.

In the interest of balance, there were a few Kaminski howlers too, Rotherham in particular springs to mind. 

I wasn't defending him, but as mistakes-to-goals ratio he's been no worse than TK. TK was throwing them in his own net before he was dropped. My other point was he hasn't won matches for us like TK did earlier in the season. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 1

It would be a massively disappointing start to the summer to see them flog Kaminski and promoted Pears to No 1 but that's the inevitable suspicion here. 

I've no particular arguments with Pears getting a new deal. He's a good age, popular around the place and showed enough in the second half of the season to suggest he can do the job to a good level when needed. 

But last season also showed that you need more than one option in each position, because an injury, suspension or problem is never far away.

Of course it would be typical of this regime to spot an opportunity here, promote Pears then flog Kaminski (who is better) probably for a couple of million to a grateful rival and pocket the cash.

Come the new season I hope to see Kaminski over his injury and starting, Pears as a capable deputy.

• Like 2

I can't see Pears signing a new deal unless he's been given assurances that he's the no1 going forward,he spent years on the bench so why would he sign a deal if he might be back on it next season.If that is the case its a bad start to the summer as he's a bog standard average GK,not a top half championship keeper in my book.OK he didn't do any major clangers like at Wigan in recent times  but how many games did you say god i'm glad we had him in net he won us some points today with his saves.

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

I wouldn't call him a poor mans Steele at all hes shown this season he is at least equal to him at a similar stage.

Steele is only where he is because he was a cheap British 3rd choice option who has veered between that and 2nd keeper for a few years before he landed an opportunity.

Wouldn't be surprised if Pears career followed a similar path and i doubt Steele will be a Prem number one for long but stranger things have happened.

Steele was pathetic against Everton - looked like a poor L1 GK playing in the Prem... which is exactly what he is. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I wasn't defending him, but as mistakes-to-goals ratio he's been no worse than TK. TK was throwing them in his own net before he was dropped. My other point was he hasn't won matches for us like TK did earlier in the season. 

Stopped us going 2-0 down in 12mins vs Leicester tbf.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Or alternatively he's delighted to be offered a new deal at Rovers having looked destined for the exit for 90% of his time at the club here and facing a move to League One or Two.

He wasn't destined for the exit for 90% of the time here,he was sitting pretty while his dads mate was manager,If he thinks he's only a League one or Two keeper if he doesnt sign here then i'm right it's a bad signing,no confidence in his own ability so grab what he can.

6 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Sharpe speculated a month or two ago that he thought one of the two would leave this summer as they both wanted to be No.1 

With TK not getting a game, and Pears signing a long term deal, it suggests TK is off and pears is the new first choice. 

Could be wrong though...just putting 2+2 together. 

Fuck pears if he thinks he should be number 1 over kaminski. Sell him. He's nowhere near kaminski's ability.  He'd be number 2 at alot of clubs.

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

Not to be nitpicky but English not British