BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (h) - 1/5/23

11 minutes ago, booth said:

I've just been told that Tomasson was on Sky talking about his lack of goalscorers again.

If so good on him for passing the buck, Waggott and co deserve their day in the spotlight.

Agree, but JDT needs to shoulder some blame - too defensive, continually playing players who don't deserve a shirt.

Why has he never brought on Garratt to give pace, bite and desire to the midfield.

• Like 3

Wish we had what Luton have, a couple of monstrous creatures at centre back, that don't miss anything, and then athletes all over the field, and strong forwards able to hold the ball. We are a far cry. 

An absolute shambles since January. Sickening.

• Like 4

JDT: 

“The feeling is disappointment, frustrating that we didn’t get the win we deserved.

“On the other hand we played against a very good side who went 1-0 up, relief to get the goal, but if you look at the whole game we were in control first half, creating chances, scoring opportunities, and it’s the same old story, a lack of goals of course.

“The performance at that level at this stage of the season with this young squad not used to playhign for the play-offs was brilliant.

“It was great that we got the equaliser, it was deserved, and could you imagine if Sammie’s shot went in rather than hitting the bar.

“We have one final left, so who wouldn’t have taken this that we can play for the play-off spot in the last game of the season, after a long season, I for sure would taken it.

“I know we are needing other results as well but this team has shown another way of getting back, togetherness, energy, and another good performance, but also need to be realistic that it was a defender who scored the goal, his first goal, a player who has developed a lot during the season, not just him but the whole team.”

When you’re at this stage of the season you would want your only senior No.9 Sam Gallagher to be involved in every game.

“We shouldn’t put any pressure on young Harry, but of course you want a senior striker playing in those games who is used to scoring goals.

“I think we can’t complain about the effort, the performance, can’t complain about the chances being created because at this level it’s more than enough.

“Actually quite brilliant that the players are able to do it week after week.

“It’s more or less the same old story and having the same talk, what we didn’t see was games, that was the only thing.”

“It’s frustrating, but it makes me proud to see the energy the players are playing with, the belief, the way we’re playing football, this team have come far in playing great football and creating opportunities so all the credit to the lads.

“Of course we are disappointed because we deserved more but needed to put the ball in the goal.”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Wish we had what Luton have, a couple of monstrous creatures at centre back, that don't miss anything, and then athletes all over the field, and strong forwards able to hold the ball. We are a far cry. 

An absolute shambles since January. Sickening.

That’s all you need to get out of this division. Why people think you can football your way out of it with less than excellent players is a mystery to me. With Dunn, Jansen, Duff etc yes but we won’t see the like of them again.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Yeah I'm ok with that. Can handle all 3 staying but really need upgrades. 

I think Carter is fine to start. CB defo isn’t a priority. 
Others I agree with both. Need a full new front 3 (or 2 alongside Sammie depending on formation), and a new midfielder next to Wharton, and new LB if we’re really wanting to be serious.
Today has me settled on my opinion that Travis isn’t good enough for a promotion starter, and he certainly is anything but a captain! He goes into his shell if a game ever matters. 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Loans and frees with GB in charge does not give me the slightest bit of confidence.

I also do not think the Championship will be so bang average next season with so many rated teams underperforming allowing Luton, Coventry, Millwall, Sunderland and us to challenge for the playoffs 

This season was a once in a decade chance which we have messed up with what, quite honestly, has been a death spiral of Mowbray proportions.

Twice in a decade chance, surely. We did basically the same thing last season.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Dolan is a trier, but only special players get me out of my seat, and he certainly isn’t in that category.

Anyway, here’s to the mother and father of twists and turns a week today, (not holding my breath).

I am holding my breath. 

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

“We shouldn’t put any pressure on young Harry, but of course you want a senior striker playing in those games who is used to scoring goals.

Wait is he talking about Gallagher here? Sam Gallagher?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Loans and frees with GB in charge does not give me the slightest bit of confidence.

I also do not think the Championship will be so bang average next season with so many rated teams underperforming allowing Luton, Coventry, Millwall, Sunderland and us to challenge for the playoffs 

This season was a once in a decade chance which we have messed up with what, quite honestly, has been a death spiral of Mowbray proportions.

I've said it since January, what's the point in bringing in an ambitious manager than not even bringing in a centre forward?! Especially as they knew the taps would be turned off next season.

Waggott is definitely cementing his place alongside the likes of Kean, Anderson, Shaw and Agnew for most hated Rovers employees.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DE. said:

That was my first thought as well. If he's throwing out public criticism of our recruitment team that probably doesn't bode well. 

What is it about JDT that you think it would be a massive disaster if he left?

Genuine question as I'm open to be convinced BUT I'm  not really seeing it at the moment. As the poster above says, irrespective of quality or lack thereof, it seems incomprehensible that we could be nonchalantly knocking the ball about at the back at one down with minutes remaining of a must win game.

That's not really for me I'm afraid, a lack of quality you can forgive, a lack of desire you can not.

• Like 5

Hugely frustrated once again. Anybody with half a football brain knows the problem we have had all season and nothing, absolutely nothing done about it. I couldn't give a flying fart about being let down, players changing their minds, in the building and all the other crap we have been fed. The manager, squad and fans have been let down by our new all singing, all dancing recruitment team headed up by Saint Gregg, the master bullshitter. We can analyse many aspects of recent games and they haven't been perfect but all roads lead back to not being able to score goals.That is what has cost us more than any other single thing. The more learned amongst us predicted this dearth of goals would come back to haunt us and it has.

• Like 6

JDT full of shite. Yes we needed a recognised striker but any chance of being a bit more creative Jon???? Dolan, BBD, Dack, SS,  Gallagher, Leonard, Hedges, Thomas are all attackers. JRC very dangerous getting forward. Ayala and Hyam very good in the air. Short corners and playing it around at the back ain't going to solve your lack of goals.

• Like 1

Not sure Dack will be around next season. JDT will want the wages for new people and not sure Fack will get the assurances he wants. The club has been good to him and he has had terrible luck. Doubtless he will move to Sunderland and turn into a Pele like Bell did for Luton  🤔 

10 minutes ago, booth said:

I'm livid at the moment so I'll say no more or I'll end up getting sued.

Imagine we end up losing JDT but the thief on £300k stays around for a few more seasons. Someone of JDT’s stature getting called into the car salesman’s office is something that makes me feel sick!

Just now, bluebruce said:

Twice in a decade chance, surely. We did basically the same thing last season.

I kind of expected the downturn under Mowbray more so than this season when we had it in our control for so long.

Lack of goals caught up with us and that was started under Mowbray by him going the false 9 midget route and continued under the failed, so far, GB regime..  a man out of his depth.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Ye, Now Mogadon can get sweet revenge and the nobbers at same time.

JDT out

PNE can’t make the play offs, no matter what they do next week?

1 minute ago, booth said:

I will if I say what I really feel about Waggott.

On the topic; did I have a fever dream or did I read somewhere that one of the Venky’s sons is being groomed for the CEO job? Talk about “better the devil you know.”

6 minutes ago, superniko said:

I think Carter is fine to start. CB defo isn’t a priority. 
Others I agree with both. Need a full new front 3 (or 2 alongside Sammie depending on formation), and a new midfielder next to Wharton, and new LB if we’re really wanting to be serious.
Today has me settled on my opinion that Travis isn’t good enough for a promotion starter, and he certainly is anything but a captain! He goes into his shell if a game ever matters. 

No it's definitely not priority. I agree with you on Travis. Disappointing as really thought he was going to be top class. Just looks very limited these days, such a shame.