Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

tony mowbray  

50 members have voted

1. 1. will sunderland get to the promised land

• yes
    • no
    • they will fail embarassingly

3 hours ago, philipl said:

If the Championship has been poor this season, it has been absolute kak before.

Depends on whether you think Burnley and Sheffield United are outstandingly good compared to team that have come first and second in previous years.

For the top two sides to be 21 and 11 points clear of 3rd is extremely rare, if has ever happened in recent times. When you think of the Newcastle, Fulham, Norwich teams that have got promoted in recent seasons and none have ever been as far clear as those two are this year. 

1 hour ago, booth said:

Yep, they didn’t have the Tony Mowbray  journey for 5 years and idiot ceo/owners not protecting their assets.

Instead, season on season building up their team and keeping hold of their good players, as well as investing wisely.

They focus on the upcoming season as much as any notions of years down the line, whilst still signing players especially forwards that increase in value. If we had their owners and non footballing staff with the added bonus of our academy to gain extra assets then we would be ahead. Such a shit state of affairs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

They focus on the upcoming season as much as any notions of years down the line, whilst still signing players especially forwards that increase in value. If we had their owners and non footballing staff with the added bonus of our academy to gain extra assets then we would be ahead. Such a shit state of affairs.

I’m tired of saying it but - once more. No company in any walk of life will thrive if it’s being run like the Chicken Chokers run Blackburn Rovers. It’s just not possible, even Pep would struggle.  If we were a child we’d be put into care.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

Half a season without your top striker
1 fit centre half 
Still got them into the playoffs with the youngest squad in the championship, 
Mowbray has done a fantastic job at Sunderland.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Gav said:

Half a season without your top striker
1 fit centre half 
Still got them into the playoffs with the youngest squad in the championship, 
Mowbray has done a fantastic job at Sunderland.

you`ve used the wrong tense,should be  "did a fantastic job" he`s about to be sacked any day now🤣😅

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

this is when the **** will happen,giving tony a lot of money is`nt the smartest idea😆

Wonder whether he'll put in a bid for all those young boys he absolutely loves and raised like his own?

Travis, Gallagher and Vale are available Tony!

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Id say to get Armstrong, Brereton and Gallagher for £15m is pretty good going. Only the latter blotting the copybook.

Brereton was a wreckless signing at the time when we had so many players to replace. Gallagher for £5m is unfathomable.

He did well with Dack and Armstrong.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Id say to get Armstrong, Brereton and Gallagher for £15m is pretty good going. Only the latter blotting the copybook.

£15 million seems ‘top end’ to say the least.

By comparison, this season’s top three scorers cost their clubs a combined £6 million.

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Screenshot_20230518-211431_Twitter.jpg

Wonder if that paves the way for Dack to Sunderland? Have to think Mowbray will be floating the idea to the recruitment team. Ayala as well perhaps?

• Like 1

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12883650/jobe-bellingham-sunderland-confident-of-signing-birmingham-midfielder-who-is-younger-brother-of-england-star-jude

Looks like Mowbray is trying to get his business done early, Jobe Bellingham £3m from Brum.

Back in Lancashire, we'll be sat here at 1 minute to midnight on transfer deadline day waiting for the owners to pick up the phone.......

• Like 2

On 17/05/2023 at 13:21, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m tired of saying it but - once more. No company in any walk of life will thrive if it’s being run like the Chicken Chokers run Blackburn Rovers. It’s just not possible, even Pep would struggle.  If we were a child we’d be put into care.

If we were a child they would be Gary Glitter.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DE. said:

Wonder if that paves the way for Dack to Sunderland? Have to think Mowbray will be floating the idea to the recruitment team. Ayala as well perhaps?

Mowbray seems to have very little say in transfers and from his comments he is enjoying just being a head coach not a manager like he was here. 

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray seems to have very little say in transfers and from his comments he is enjoying just being a head coach not a manager like he was here. 

In general I know he doesn't have much say, but I'm sure he's permitted to have some input. It wouldn't surprise me if he's put Dack's name forward to the recruitment team, even if it isn't ultimately his decision.

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

More the fool them I say:

Armstrong, Dack, Rothwell, Diaz, at any normal clubs that’s £50m+ right there.

28 minutes ago, DE. said:

In general I know he doesn't have much say, but I'm sure he's permitted to have some input. It wouldn't surprise me if he's put Dack's name forward to the recruitment team, even if it isn't ultimately his decision.

Possible I guess. Weren't the rumours he was joining Charlton? I think he will get some Championship offers like Huddersfield, Stoke and Birmingham wouldn't surprise me to be honest.