SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

tony mowbray  

50 members have voted

1. 1. will sunderland get to the promised land

• yes
    • no
    • they will fail embarassingly

TM is a shoe in to beat his record 2 in 17 if he goes up. Can't say I ever liked the guy, spoke in contradictions and blamed fans on multi occasions, just not my cup of tea โ˜•

Yep I'm backing Sunderland for the play-offs now ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‰

TM to manage single figures next season, points wise.

• Like 1

I see the gutter press is hailing the gurning chump as a managerial genius due to the Black Cats scraping into the playoffs courtesy of his old outfits goal shy ineptitude.

Makes me wonder just a bit whether the strangeness down Ewood way really is the reason for our long standing lack of success - maybe the hidden goons of Pune are deliberately using the club to achieve other wider aims, which would be undone if we were actually promoted into a money making situation?ย 

Imagine what being the (team) manager would be like if you were expressly forbidden from being too successful.

But then I remembered, if you give enough chimpanzees a pen and paper, eventually one will rewrite Shakespeare's work, and a broken clock is right twice a day.ย 

Good luck to the Chump. He will be potted by the end of the summer in any case, and replaced by a younger less gurny bloke from overseas as Sunderland are yet another of those teams that smoke too much of their own exhaust.. gurning chump mackem bastards the lot of em ๐Ÿ˜…

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

I see the gutter press is hailing the gurning chump as a managerial genius due to the Black Cats scraping into the playoffs courtesy of his old outfits goal shy ineptitude.

Makes me wonder just a bit whether the strangeness down Ewood way really is the reason for our long standing lack of success - maybe the hidden goons of Pune are deliberately using the club to achieve other wider aims, which would be undone if we were actually promoted into a money making situation?ย 

Imagine what being the (team) manager would be like if you were expressly forbidden from being too successful.

But then I remembered, if you give enough chimpanzees a pen and paper, eventually one will rewrite Shakespeare's work, and a broken clock is right twice a day.ย 

Good luck to the Chump. He will be potted by the end of the summer in any case, and replaced by a younger less gurny bloke from overseas as Sunderland are yet another of those teams that smoke too much of their own exhaust.. gurning chump mackem bastards the lot of em ๐Ÿ˜…

Heโ€™s gone and heโ€™s not coming back mate. Best just to move onโ€ฆ.

• Like 2

• Backroom

It would be very harsh of Sunderland to get rid of Mowbray at this point. Regardless of personal opinions he's done a good job there since being appointed, and has earned the right to continue.ย 

• Like 2

Iโ€™ve got a mate whoโ€™s a Sunderland fan. We were visiting him when they played West Brom away so I watched the game. I was impressed with how they played. They were passing it out from the back really well. Way better than we do. Having said that the WBA goal came from a defender dwelling on the ball and losing out.

It seems to be a theme that it doesn't matter what managers say, it's just standard flim-flam etc etc. I'd suggest it does matter because it distinguishes those of decent character from the 'not my fault, guv' crowd. Mowbray is definitely in the latter category.ย 

Who can forget at the end of Jan '22 when he said he didn't sign a target man because 'we don't play that way'.ย 

Fast forward 18 months:-

"This teamโ€™s done extremely well considering the circumstances and the injuries weโ€™ve had; instead of having a target man weโ€™ve had to find ways of filling the box with midfielders or wingers and that can become difficult, โ€ he says.ย 

โ€˜Never too soonโ€™: how Tony Mowbray made Sunderland playoff contenders | Sunderland | The Guardian

ย 

I realise he's moved on and he's not coming back, and for that I am eternally grateful.ย 

• Like 5

Now here's a challenge: Mark Chapman on BBC Radio 5 doing a preview on tonight's game involving Sunderland begins his interview with the BBC Local Radio correspondent who follows them by saying, "There's nobody in football who has a bad word (for Tony Mowbray)."

I immediately thought, "I can think of a few who can!!"๐Ÿ’ฉ

Edited by R0verb0y
  • Like 6

New manager bounce, new voices that just happen to be North East ones as well and a pool of talented young players that fit Mowbrays style.

Rather than anything genius that's the top and bottom of it coupled with the fact he seems to be boom or bust in his mentality there rather than whoa there lads as it was here.

I said somewhere on here when he took over i thought he'd surprise a few and he has, right guy at the right time and they might just go all the way.ย  Why he never piped into trying the double bounce here and why he would never put his foot on the gas i will always hold against him. He was though just acting in accordance with the environment he was working in, zero pressure so why invite any it's a real steady number.

No coincidence he upped the ante once his contract was running out then threw his toys over Darwen moors when he realised he wasn't getting one.

I see a Sunderland v Boro final aka Mogga Day, it's all about him now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, R0verb0y said:

Now here's a challenge: Mark Chapman on BBC Radio 5 doing a preview on tonight's game involving Sunderland begins his interview with the BBC Local Radio correspondent who follows them by saying, "There's nobody in football who has a bad word (for Tony Mowbray)."

I immediately thought, "I can think of a few who can!!"๐Ÿ’ฉ

If you've got several hours to fill, Mark, hand me a microphone.ย 

• Like 6

Lads and lasses on the Sunderland forum are ranking him as their 2nd best ever manager after Peter Reid (or at least in most of their lifetime) in one thread ย 

3/4 of a season and a 6th place championship finish.ย 

4 minutes ago, superniko said:

Lads and lasses on the Sunderland forum are ranking him as their 2nd best ever manager after Peter Reid (or at least in most of their lifetime) in one thread ย 

3/4 of a season and a 6th place championship finish.ย 

They were calling him a dick earlier in the season.

• Like 1

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Rent. Free.

Nah, I charge him full price. And he has to supply the chicken parmos every Fri night.

He can stay as long as he wants on those rates.

C'mon Luton!!

Luton are a team of shithouses. Dirty as fook, niggly fouls everywhere on and off the ball, no finesse, just strong arm tactics and bosh. It would be poetic if they were to win promotion, as the only two logical conclusions are that a) this current crop of players are literally playing themselves out of a job and b) they would be absolutely crucified trying to play that kind of game in the Premier League. Bell is a poor player. End of.

Sunderland looking rattled and lacking ideas in this. I think Mowbray will be found out this evening - let's see if the Mackems hail him as a footballing genius then :)

Just now, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Luton are a team of shithouses. Dirty as fook, niggly fouls everywhere on and off the ball, no finesse, just strong arm tactics and bosh. It would be poetic if they were to win promotion, as the only two logical conclusions are that a) this current crop of players are literally playing themselves out of a job and b) they would be absolutely crucified trying to play that kind of game in the Premier League. Bell is a poor player. End of.

Luton are a physical, powerful team who can also play a bit. Whereas we only have plan A and that is it, they can win games multiple ways. They are dispelling the myths that you have to pass the opposition to death or that you need to spend serious money to be successful in this league.

ย 

• Like 7