BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 23-24

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

why would they get more than they did when they weren't PL club and part of bring in that revenue? That's my point

The point, Chaddy, is that there is massive financial discrepancy between the PL clubs and the rest of the football pyramid. That's why beneath the PL and the parachute payment clubs, football in England is in such a financial mess,

If you don't see, understand, or agree with this, that's your perogative. But when at the same time you're rubbishing the Euro Super League, which was set up for the sole purpose of financially rewarding the supposed 'elite' clubs don't forget, then I find your viewpoint rather hypocritical.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Liverpool got some good luck with VAR a few seasons ago but they have been royally fucked over this season with red cards. Curtis Jones just got one of the softest red cards I've seen. 

Really poor decision, as was Macallister’s earlier in the season. It can get rescinded, they can suspend the officials involved for a week, but the impacts that each has on the games are irreversible.

They might yet win this one, but I’d be asking Howard Webb for the head of the next official to incorrectly award a red card against one of my players, if I were Klopp. I’d probably go direct in the match itself.

EDIT: ref’s got the look of Steve Kean about him, so he’d definitely get a whack from me.

Edited by Bethnal

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Bethnal said:

Really poor decision, as was Macallister’s earlier in the season. It can get rescinded, they can suspend the officials involved for a week, but the impacts that each has on the games are irreversible.

They might yet win this one, but I’d be asking Howard Webb for the head of the next official to incorrectly award a red card against one of my players, if I were Klopp. I’d probably go direct in the match itself.

Klopp isn't exactly well known for being calm with officials in-match, so I imagine the fourth official is preparing himself for some choice words.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

EDIT: ref’s got the look of Steve Kean about him, so he’d definitely get a whack from me.

The fact that red cards can get rescinded, like Macallister's did, shows that VAR is not fit for purpose. 

That decision was made on a freeze frame. They froze it at the worst possible moment and showed that to the ref first. Shocking shocking decision and shocking decision making process. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Liverpool got some good luck with VAR a few seasons ago but they have been royally fucked over this season with red cards. Curtis Jones just got one of the softest red cards I've seen. 

I have not seen the foul. Was it a red according to the rules ? Another good way of officiating comes from the rugby today. Foul play is an immediate yellow which means ten minutes in the sin bin. In that ten minutes the foul is reviewed to see if the yellow should be upgraded to a red.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, rigger said:

I have not seen the foul. Was it a red according to the rules ? Another good way of officiating comes from the rugby today. Foul play is an immediate yellow which means ten minutes in the sin bin. In that ten minutes the foul is reviewed to see if the yellow should be upgraded to a red.

Like with most fouls it's subjective and yeah you could shoe horn in an argument to justify it but if that's a red the game has gone. 

All round its been with one of the worst refereeing performances I've seen in a long time. 

16 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Like with most fouls it's subjective and yeah you could shoe horn in an argument to justify it but if that's a red the game has gone. 

All round its been with one of the worst refereeing performances I've seen in a long time. 

But it should not be about shoehorning an arguement. If it is a red card according to the rules, then it is a red card. Lets stop these, shit, dangerous tackles. 

• Backroom

Liverpool fans on twitter adamant there’s an ongoing conspiracy against them and for years they’ve had nothing from officials - genuinely can’t work out if it’s tongue in cheek or not 

They’ll feel hard done to today but the big decisions aren’t blatantly wrong from what I saw, maybe borderline granted 

Anyway, I find it deeply satisfying 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Tom said:

They’ll feel hard done to today but the big decisions aren’t blatantly wrong from what I saw, maybe borderline granted 

The offside one was strange. He looked clearly onside and VAR never showed the lines. Sky said they hadn’t been provided the image at half time.

20230930_195122.jpg

Edited by Hasta

On 29/09/2023 at 09:02, Wheelton Blue said:

The point, Chaddy, is that there is massive financial discrepancy between the PL clubs and the rest of the football pyramid. That's why beneath the PL and the parachute payment clubs, football in England is in such a financial mess,

If you don't see, understand, or agree with this, that's your perogative. But when at the same time you're rubbishing the Euro Super League, which was set up for the sole purpose of financially rewarding the supposed 'elite' clubs don't forget, then I find your viewpoint rather hypocritical.

No I don't agree. Its the PL and its clubs who generated the money from TV rights and its right IMO that they keep most of the money. They are looking at giving more money to EFL clubs in the future and even selling their TV rights together. 

1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

The fact that red cards can get rescinded, like Macallister's did, shows that VAR is not fit for purpose. 

That decision was made on a freeze frame. They froze it at the worst possible moment and showed that to the ref first. Shocking shocking decision and shocking decision making process. 

VAR only asked the ref to look at it again, its down to the Ref on the field to make the decision. 

on the red card, I can see why they given the red card, but this is why we need an ex Pro Footballer in the VAR room or even an ex manager 

28 minutes ago, Hasta said:

The offside one was strange. He looked clearly onside and VAR never showed the lines. Sky said they hadn’t been provided the image at half time.

20230930_195122.jpg

Richard keys and Andy Gray on Bein Sports have been saying it was onside https://x.com/beINSPORTS_EN/status/1708174143491883224?s=20

35 minutes ago, Hasta said:

20230930_195122.jpg

What's confusing me about it is how quickly the review happened. That looks clearly onside, at the very least it's borderline enough to atleast take a few looks at it which didn't seem to happen. They made the decision very very quickly that he was offside and then to not give sky the images with the lines on like they normally do. Makes me think the technology cut out or something which is farcical. 

• Backroom

They just need to stop now. It's clear they don't have personnel with the capability to implement the system correctly and it's just getting a bit embarrassing now for all involved. They obviously won't do this as there's too much invested in VAR and it'd promote claims of unfairness in earlier games from certain teams if it was suspended/scrapped, but you either implement it properly or not at all. It totally kills the credibility of the league when obvious decisions are being called incorrectly by a system that is literally supposed to be there to stop that from happening. 

• Like 2

Liverpool goal was onside and wrongly chalked off. 

As for the first sending off... Just pathetic. The lad was neither being dangerous or aggressive, it was a yellow card offense.

The Var decision was made to quickly imho.... The lad went for the ball and caught his foot on top of the ball meaning a natural connection with the spurs player.... No malice intended at all. 

The games a joke these days. 

Keeley would only making about 8 appearances a season if Var  was available back when he was playing. 

• Like 2

The big decisions were wrong but the whole game was poorly reffed. 9 yellows and 2 reds would have you think it was a dirty scrappy game and it was far from it, it was a trigger happy ref who gave fouls at random. Fouls were given against both teams that just weren't fouls and a yellow card came out shortly after. Same ref as the United Wolves game so you'd think his days in the top flight are numbered. 

Shame, that had potential to be a cracking game and instead all we were talking about was the ref the whole way through. 

4 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

officials are verging on comical in England,they are scandalously  useless,im`e recomending opening a spread betting account and putting some money on how the red/yellow card market,sure your going to make a profit with var and bumbling refs just guessing decisions

I wonder if Bournemouth now regret sacking Gary O'Neil now? 

12 hours ago, RoverDom said:

The big decisions were wrong but the whole game was poorly reffed. 9 yellows and 2 reds would have you think it was a dirty scrappy game and it was far from it, it was a trigger happy ref who gave fouls at random. Fouls were given against both teams that just weren't fouls and a yellow card came out shortly after. Same ref as the United Wolves game so you'd think his days in the top flight are numbered. 

Shame, that had potential to be a cracking game and instead all we were talking about was the ref the whole way through. 

Tbh, I thought it was a cracking game and very enjoyable for the neutral fan. 

There is a story this morning that the VAR and AVAR in the Spurs v Liverpool match actually thought a goal had been awarded and therefore said 'check complete' to the on field officials thinking they were merely confirming the award of the goal. How on earth can they not be aware that the AR had his flag up clearly giving Diaz offside. It beggars belief. Apparently they realised their error once the game had restarted but clearly the law doesn't allow for them to go back once the game has restarted. Honestly I'm staggered at this level of incompetence. 

I feel sorry for Howard Webb here. He is doing his level best to improve things by being open and transparent but he simply doesn't have the quality of officials at his disposal. The offside aspect of VAR is actually an exact science so to get it wrong is unforgivable. As an old friend used to say to me 'you can't weave without weft'.

• Like 3