BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 23-24

On 18/11/2023 at 14:28, lraC said:

In a lot of ways, the premier league are largely to blame for what is going on here. How can they introduce financial fair play, but then effectively allow states to own certain clubs.

Just using Newcastle, as an example, they are owned by the Saudi Arabian public investment fund, who in turn own 4 teams in the Saudi pro league. There is no financial fair play in that league.

It has already been rumored that they will start to loan players from those clubs and that is already being scrutinised. 
Should they start to look like falling foul of FFP they could simply sell one of their current players to one of those clubs for an inflated price and ensure it is enough to bring them back in line. 
When you look at the premier league accepting Abramovic and his money (which now appears to be from dubious means) as fit and proper, you have to say they have made a rod for their own backs. In truth if the likes of City and Chelsea were properly investigated it would be thank you and good night to both of them, if they got a proportionate penalty. 

Where this ends who knows, but both Leicester and Burnley are both seeking compensation from the premier league and who knows who else will jump onto the bandwagon. It is one hell of a mess. 

Yeah I saw Eddie Howe mention signing Ruben Neves on loan in January, a player that moved to Saudi for £55m and they'll sign him up for basically nothing. 

They also managed to balance the books nicely with the £30m sale of St Maximin to a Saudi club previously. Not saying that was an inflated price, more that those kind of deals were able to happen whenever they needed them.

9 hours ago, rigger said:

The only ones I know from Luton are Kaminski and Bell. 

Tom Lockyer, Mengi(signed for Utd this summer), Krul(Back up keeper to TK) Ryan Giles(former Rovers loan signing signed from Wolves), Chong(signed from Bormingham), Ogbene(signed from Rotherham, wanted us to sign him), Morris(Their top goalscorer last season, Good solid striker, also played for  Shrewsbury when we played them in league 1 that season), Woodrow(former Barnsley player), Townsend(former Everton, Spurs player), Doughty(left wing back), Ross Barkley(former Everton, Chelsea, Nice and England international midfielder), Mpenza(Centre midfielder), Jacob Brown(former Stoke striker, signed this summer). 

and no I didn't need Google cos I can remember all those memory and from watching them this season in PL from live games and from Premier league highlights.  

8 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Life’s too short as it is.

Each to their own Tyrone. The Fantasy PL Football game takes about 5 minutes each week to do. I played Football manager games for years and I thoroughly enjoying them each year.. Plus I watched a number of PL games each weekend plus the Match of the day on BBC on Sunday each week and every weekend 

8 hours ago, Aqualung said:

I can remember George Berry and Kenny Hibbit. Do I get a prize? 

Who was the player wolves sold to city for a record fee and turned out to be shite? 

Im not googling it unlike our Chaddy. 

You mean Nunes who City paid for around £50m for his signing from Wolves. No need to google it cos I am Massive PL football fan and watched around 3 to 4 PL games a weekend and Match of the day every Sunday morning. 

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

In todays BBC gossip column it says Utd are in for Anton Greizmann. He’s been a great player in his day but that would be a strange signing. I’m beginning to wonder if ten Hag knows what he’s doing or if he authorises the signings.

I think he would be a good signing for a season or two, abit like Casemiro but he’s 32 now. The young lads he’s signed arnt producing so I don’t see it as anything more than a temporary sticking plaster . There isn’t much long term planing if they go for him  which is what I thought he was be it got in to do, I.e the excellent young squad he produced at Ajax 

14 hours ago, rigger said:

The only ones I know from Luton are Kaminski and Bell. 

Pelly Mpanzu has been with Luton since their conference days in 2014. I suspect in yesteryear, he'd be better known, when players were treated less like commodities and, frankly, when there were less games.

I'm sure the feeling's mutual. I would guess, in the past, Prem fans would be able to recall more names of Championship players or lower league players than they would now. Just a guess.

Edited by riverholmes

• Backroom
On 19/11/2023 at 21:33, chaddyrovers said:

Man City, Spurs. Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle, Brighton, Brentford, Luton, Burnley, Everton, Wolves, Aston Villa, West Ham, Bournemouth, Fulham, Palace, Forest and Sheffield United, 

Sa, Semedo, Kilman, Dawson, Nouri, Neto, Hwang, , Kalajdiza, Lemina, Gomes,, Sarabria

As the official adjudicator I deem this effort to be unsatisfactory; the double commas are not commonplace in your posts which give me reasonable suspicion of copy and paste.

DENIED

23 hours ago, Tom said:

As the official adjudicator I deem this effort to be unsatisfactory; the double commas are not commonplace in your posts which give me reasonable suspicion of copy and paste.

DENIED

Your suspicion of copy and paste is ill-founded an wrong here. A simple check by yourself would have shown that I actually spell two of the names wrong in Sarabia and Kalajdzic. You just have take my word on it. 

12 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67517181

PL referees ‘helped’ by pilots and air traffic controllers - sounds like a ‘show them we’re trying’ gimmick.

Personally I’d just get them to watch how Rugby deals with it.

With rugby, comunication between all the people involved in the decission seems to be the answer.

• Like 1